The Plan for Cut-Throat Mode

First off, I'm super excited for cutthroat league! It's what I was interested in when I first joined the game back in closed beta. I have attended as many cutthroat races as have been able to, starting with the ones in closed beta.

I have a few preferences on how I would like to see the cutthroat league turn out!

HC/SC: While I would enjoy a HC cutthroat league, it would be better if everyone playing permanent cutthroat all played on the same server so SC would be better to have a higher amount of players playing.

Grouping / No grouping: I really liked the non grouping cutthroat races in the past, because I felt that I could still have fun even without getting 5 other friends to play with me. Even though you can still team up if you want to, friendly fire will help solo players have a chance.

Only allowed to fight players around your level: I really like this, it will lead to people "twinking" (A lower level alt with good gear intending on hunting down other players leveling) and reduces griefing from high level players camping a1n coast.

Only dropping some of your items when you die: I really don't like this idea at all, it would be hard to balance and it would take a lot of fun out of killing other players.

Also, I remember that at some point in the cutthroat races you added a 5 second delay on logging out or portaling, I think that delay should be 10 seconds because of how some tanky vs tanky battles will be too easy to open a portal, kite around, and then take it. Maybe 5 seconds on log out and 15 seconds on portal?

I'm going to attempt to compete in as many of the cutthroat races as possible, and give input on different features so the permanent cutthroat is as good as it can be!
"
No thank you!

And may those that post "first" and "first page" posts grow terrible genital warts and be sodomized by rabid goats!
I'm really liking the look of cutthroat c: Just some questions;

How will summoners work? Will your minions attack your friends?
Also, since friendly fire is turned on, how will uniques like Deaths Oath (chaos dmg degen) interact with your friends too? Will you accidentally kill your friends? And things like BM spectre's that will auto dgen stuff.
Hi
your minions don't know who your friends are.
"
HerrKaputt wrote:
How do you plan to prevent people from ALT-F4-ing when someone higher level than them shows up, or when the fight is going bad for them?

There's actually a quit-delay in cut-throat. You have to wait some time (currently five seconds?) before your Alt+F4 goes through. This is the value we used in past tests and may be changed.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
hello cast on death
Not for me but sounds great! I know a lot of players have been asking for this mode.

However I do have an opinion.

I do agree that drop rates should be increased a lot. Or something like decent champions where you get a chest with loads of gems and uniques. After the league then characters disappear.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
What about this idea? Upon sucessful hit on enemy player, both the attacker and victim vill be flagged as being in 'cutthroat combat'. This flag will last for certain amount of time when not hitting any player and get refreshed upon each successful hit (landing a curse works also).

While under the effects of this flag, all waypoints and teleport scrolls will be disabled. Let the hunting begin.
"
Envisionise wrote:
I'm really liking the look of cutthroat c: Just some questions;

How will summoners work? Will your minions attack your friends?
Also, since friendly fire is turned on, how will uniques like Deaths Oath (chaos dmg degen) interact with your friends too? Will you accidentally kill your friends? And things like BM spectre's that will auto dgen stuff.

As I understand it there are no groups - you can just tell a friend to "invade" your instances and try to work with him together. Of course in terms of game mechanics he is NOT your friend, but an enemy like any other player invading you ;)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
I've said this idea in a previous thread where several posters agreed with me.

Ideally, Cutthroat would be a checkbox in the Social screen that marks you as viable for invasion. You could only be invaded if you check that box, and those invading you can only invade if they check that box. You could only check it in town, for obvious reasons. This form of Cutthroat isn't limited to Leagues, and would provide instant action in existing Leagues, as well as a very interesting effect on the economy.

All of the planned improvements to Cutthroat would still apply, including the balancing based on levels and what kinds of loot drop on death, and any other rules or restrictions that would apply to an entirely separate Cutthroat League.

This would satisfy both the softcore and hardcore cutthroat fans, because any League could play it.

Whatever you choose, I'll play me some Cutthroat. Great game GGG.

*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info