The Plan for Cut-Throat Mode

Ya'll have no idea how excited I am about Cutthroat. Please take some of my suggestions =) =)

Cutthroat league: There should only be one league, so that we can get the maximum # of players. As such, it should be soft core, as already stated by OP.

Invasion: You should be given a distinct notification that you are being invaded, music should change if it is enabled *cue MGS battle theme*. Alt-F4 and portal timers should be disabled completely. The only route of exit should be via the sole waypoint or the natural exit for the instance. Maps should now have 'natural' exits.

Revenge-friendly: If player A kills player B in an instance, as long as player B jumps back into that instance within 20~ (?) seconds, player A is "locked" in that same instance for an X amount of seconds, and would not be able to leave even via the natural exits/waypoints for that X amount of seconds, ensuring that if player B has revenge on his mind, he has a fair chance to execute it, over and over if he wishes =)

Item drops: When player A slays player B, he has 10~ seconds or so to walk up to the body, look over his equipment and choose one item that he would like to keep. Alternatively, he could wait out the 10 seconds, and RNG would decide what item/s drop, and if multiple items drop. So the slayer has a choice of a) getting 1 item of choice or b) getting at least 1 item and possibly more items at random. I'm not too sure about your entire arsenal dropping... would be very discouraging and would make revenge a lot harder. Although, if you chose to do it the way of everything dropping, it would be akin to hardcore, as in you lose everything when you die.

Elite Guard: On your character screen 'c', you should have the option of joining the Elite Guard. As long as you are in it, you can only invade/be invaded by people that are within 10% of your levels (if you are level20, range is 18-22, if level60, range of 54-66). The incentive is that while you are in the guard, slaying a player will give you the option to loot more # of items of your choice, and increasing the number of items that will drop at random if you choose to let it happen that way. The downside is that if you are slain in the Guard, others will also be able to loot more items off of you. Not sure if this is too complicated :P

IIQ/IIR: Cut-throat leagues should naturally have high item quantity and rarity. If the league gets merged with standard at the end, who cares? It will be your reward for risking so much!

Edit: One more thing, once invaded, any type of death will drop loot off your body. So you can't just wuss out and insta-righteousfire suicide or die to a monster, cuz loot will still drop off your body. although you would have a chance to reach your own dead body before the invading player could i suppose and collect your own loot.. lol (or risk dying a second time to the invading player and then lose even more loot). Interesting stuff =p
Last edited by sephonly on Mar 18, 2014, 4:09:06 PM
So much hype! :D
since its a cut throat event this should be a solo mode.. a "Free For All" makes sense as all people are not acquainted which ea other.. which makes people who forms parties or somekind of group have the advantage.. this event should be solo mode.. and there should be group modes.. :)

forming groups should be on long term leagues.. its not viable in this kind of events.. IMO..
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/871474
Aura Reservation Calculator: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Chromatic Calculator: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
Tired of using GGG's crappy skill planner? Tell them here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1555283
When are more cut throat events coming out????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Devs, we love you...
oh please. If you make it I'll finally get a good reason to call my friends back...
Im all for this league and have been waiting for it since ob, so hopefully its a speedy process to get the leagues up and running. Few ideas i have are, all skill gems should be kept on death. Another think i beleive would work is, i dont know if any of you guys played old school runescape? If you where attacked and died in pvp you would keep your 3 best items, although if you attacked someone you would get a skull for 15 minutes, which upon death resulted in you loosing every single item held. I beleive this could be a very good thing to bring in. It would mean that players that ganked people ran a risk of loosing everything yet if your levelling and get jumped at least you keep something.
I REALLY hope GGG plans on including a cut throat league in August.
Yea go cut throat bring it on!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info