[Contest] Best concept for a skill idea for Path of Exile gets a key! [Closed]

Skill name: All Toasters Toast Toast

Target: 60 degree cone in the target direction

Description: Fires a wave of burning toast for 5 seconds straight, that does delicious fire-damage and slows opponents. And fuck spaghetti.

Visuals:
"
Taric wrote:
"
hydris wrote:
i.e Zombies ----> Death Sound ----> "By your will"

I'm sorry, but I'm totally getting "By your powers combined!" in Captain Planet's voice.

I like the idea for the skill itself, though :)

That's a pretty good idea for my flavor text. xD
Skill name: Beta key
Target: Specified target
Description: Throw key in target
Visuals: Big key falls out of character and affects the specified target.
Sounds: smashing and some scream.
First, thanks for doing an awesome contest like this! It is a great way to motivate active members and give back to the forum community. Anyways, here is my entry.
Skill name: Dragon Shot
Target: enemies in a cone AoE
Description: Character draws from inner spirit and fires a shot from their bow in the form of a dragon that gains momentum as it travels through enemies. Therefore it does more damage the more enemies it passes through. Best used against a large group due to its multiplicative effect.
Visuals: A Dragon's Head erupts from the player's bow outwards in a cone.
Sounds: A dragon's roar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBD63LTJDOA
Flavour text: A true warrior welcomes greater numbers.
Picture:
and dragon opens mouth as it moves outwards.
Last edited by scyko42 on Sep 19, 2011, 1:55:21 AM
Skill name: Shadow Dash
Target: Ground targeted
Description: Dash to a targeted location, becoming temporarily immune to damage. Can be used to run through thin walls. Enemies in the way of your dash are stunned for a short time.
Visuals: Your character turns transparent and dark while moving.
Sounds: It sounds dark. Dark has a sound now.
Flavour text: Now you too can be non-Newtonian

This would be for the upcoming, unannounced Dexterity/Intelligence class, as it fits in with both magic and rogue-like stuff
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Sep 19, 2011, 6:59:27 AM
Skill name: Meteor Shower
Target: Enemies
Description: The character calls forth a meteor shower at cursor location causing fire damage in a 10 meter radius for up to 12 seconds.
Visuals: Large meteors crashing to the ground, explosions, etc
Sounds: Fiery burning, impact sounds.
Flavour text: "Meteor Shower: Supposedly strongest spell ever."
Skill name: Kinetic Battery

Target: Any

Description: Places a kinetic shield on the target that lasts 15 seconds. The shield absorbs 10% damage taken. At the end of the duration, or if target is killed the shield explodes dealing damage equal to 5x the absorbed damage in an area around the target.

Visuals: As the shield absorbs more and more damage, the shield emits a more profound electric visual effect. The more charged, the more profound the explosion is (as an electric nova)

Sounds
: As the shield charges, it emits more and more static-like effect. When the shield explodes, it shocks each enemy affected

Flavour text: Give me all you've got.

The point of being able to target enemies is that you could use it to create AOE damage out of single target attacks. The shield may not seem like much, but it can't be very strong if it is to have an AOE nuke attached to it. It would be very good to use on an ally tank, or on a beefy enemy surrounded by other units.
Last edited by mooseme2u2 on Sep 19, 2011, 2:04:38 AM
Skill name: Tic Toc
Target: Random Enemy on the Screen.
Description: Passive ability. Every 25 minutes enemies stop in their tracks and look to the sky for 3 seconds. A random enemy is then removed from the premises.
Visuals: A golden hand holding a key comes out of the sky. The key is given to a random enemy. This enemy grows angelic wings and flys away. All the other enemies look depressed.
Sounds: A heavenly noise. Followed by an Evil laugh.
Flavour text: "You have been chosen! finaly..."
Picture: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3458/sobad.jpg
63 Duelist Hardcore League (POE version 9.2)
#5 on ladder
Last edited by Tossing on Sep 19, 2011, 2:05:13 AM
Skill name: Curse of Madness
Target: Enemies in a small area around the caster
Description: Targets hit by the curse will be temporarily affected by one of the following status ailments chosen in random: poison (health continuously decreases), paralysis (target can't move or attack), confusion (target attacks other enemies instead of the player).
Visuals: Animation of a laughing skull above caster's head
Sounds: Maniacal laughter
Flavour text: "We're all mad here."
*picture*:
Last edited by diablo48237 on Sep 19, 2011, 2:25:45 AM
Skill name: Hughhefnify

Target: Self-Buff

Description: This buff lasts for 1 minute. Causes yourself to gain the characteristics of Hugh Hefner. Women and bunnies will be drawn to you and follow your every command. You gain an extra ability during this minute to throw money at people. Causes damage to enemy units and gives a "wealthy" buff to any allies.

Visuals: Gold coins thrown at people. Playboy bunnies spawn around the caster.

Sounds: The sound of dropping pennies and laughing girls.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info