PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

[Contest] Best concept for a skill idea for Path of Exile gets a key! [Closed]

Hey guys,

So here's how it works, think of idea for a cool/funny/smart/awesome skill that would work well in the PoE world and get a chance at winning a beta key!

Here's the format to post it:

"
Skill name:
Target: (self, allies, enemies, everyone ect...)
Description:
Visuals:
Sounds:
Flavour text: (this will be a single sentence that's normally funny, something to add some flavour to it)
*picture*:

an example:
"
Skill name: Pyromania

Target: Self buff

Description: When cast, you gain the ability to burn enemies on every normal attack for 5sec, this buff lasts 15seconds.

Visuals: Your character's hands go up in flames of red and yellow.

Sounds: When cast you hear a huge ignition sound and there's the sound of flames and crackling for the remainder until the self buff fades.

Flavour text: Burn baby, burn!

*Lack of picture*

Btw, I like original and well thought out ideas.
Also original pictures = better chance.
1 beta key up for grabs

Good luck & have fun with this creative challenge!
24hour deadline! (4pm 20/9/11 NZ time)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Closed and am currently going though all the entries!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a winner:
"
Now I'll do a random number to see who gets the key. I just want to say There were farm more then 9 great concepts, but sadly I only have 1 key to give so here goes.

Congratulations ravage23, I'll be PMing you the key now. Enjoy!

And to the rest, good luck with getting a key I'll see if I can get some more for this competition.
More information on the 12th page.
Dedicated Kiwi~
Last edited by RenoFox on Sep 20, 2011, 2:42:08 AM
Skill Name: Turn Shadow.
Target Any enemy
Description: The shadow of target starts attacking the target. The shadow would have a % of the enemy's damage based on the level.
Visuals: Caster points at the shadow, the shadow then starts attacking the enemy.
Sounds: Minor sound effect when cast.
No pic, sorry.
Oooh, interesting idea Reno! I'll think up something here in a bit...

What's the deadline for entries?
Last edited by Vitale on Sep 19, 2011, 12:11:54 AM
How long do we have? I can draw something up but won't be able to put it up until tomorrow.(a picture that is)
Skill name:Transmogrify
Target:Enemy debuff.
Description:When cast, the selected enemy turns into a random animal for 10 seconds. (Works on players also.)
Visuals:Caster points at the enemy and it transforms
Sounds:Makes an animal noise
no pics sorry.:(
....._______
..../...........\
...|.............|_____...._........…
...|......o................V..VVVVV..\
...|.............________________/
....\_______/

KEYSUS
Last edited by Ataleo on Sep 19, 2011, 12:16:20 AM
Skill name: Butt Hurt
Target: Beta-less Forum User
Description: Target feels pain in the nether region, slight burn with a little sadness of lacking a beta key.
Visuals: http://kevinlarrabee.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/dawson_crying.gif
Sounds: The sound of a little baby crying.
Skill name: wisp scrolls
Target: PBaoe
Description: You gain the ability to cast and throw "wisp scrolls" after the cast the scrolls may either be timed or turned into a trap via support gems or multiple casts.

I would like an option that a second click of the ability actually detonates the scrolls.

Visuals: When cast, an animation shows you throwing some "magic paper" in the air with "runes" on them. The pieces of paper them fly out and stick to the 10 closest enemies or ten random enemies with in the PBaoe area. The effect would like like a dagger stabbed the mob with the paper and a small particle effect would hit on the monsters chest etc.

upon detonating the effect would be like if some one held grenade to their chest. A radiated explosion from the scroll with a very short cone in front of the mob doing damage and for visual effect and explosion of blue lighting/flame.

Sounds: on cast there's the sound of a whoosh from the scrolls and a mob hit sound when the strike the enemies. On the explosion a lightning crackle and a boom from the explosion.

Icon: a note with a dagger stuck into it and a strange symbol on the note that is either pierced by or below the dagger.
0 Pre-Beta Posts
Inactivity =/= Indifference

Core i7 quad 2.3
8gb ddr3
2gb ati 5650HD
1280x720
Skill name: Sword of War and Peace

Target: Frontal Attack. Range - 8 yards.

Description: A frontal attack that shreds any enemies in front of you.

Visuals:
The sword spins above your head like a sawblade a few rotations before it launches into the enemies in a frontal cone attack as wide as the sword. Sparks on enemies wearing armor, copious blood spray from the velocity of the spinning blade. Returns back to you like a boomerang. Dealing damage as it goes out as well as comes back in.

Sounds:
I'd imagine it would sound similar to a propeller or any lengthy object spinning fast. We've all heard the sound before. More metallic, I'm sure. Quite hard to describe the sound it would make via text. A fast ramp up from stationary to spinning fast, accompanied by sound effect.

Flavour Text: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

*Lack of picture* Though I've got it all set in my head!
Last edited by Sodapopinski on Sep 19, 2011, 7:52:30 AM
Hi RenoFox,

Great idea for a contest, and thanks for the shot at a beta key.

Skill name: Location Reversal
Target: Party member or minion.
Description: Casting this spell immediately teleports you to your target's location, and in turn, teleports your target to your location.
Visuals: An electrical shimmer that sweeps from head to toe for the target, and from toe to head for the caster.
Sounds: A low, sonic humming that builds for a moment, then discharges. You know, like "vooomp-fwash!"

I too lack for a picture.

Usage examples - Could be used defensively by a Witch to switch places with one of her zombies to escape being mobbed by monsters. Alternatively, could be used offensively by a Marauder to get his Ranger friend out of trouble, and get himself into the fray.

Cheers,
Aki
Last edited by Aki on Sep 19, 2011, 12:27:41 AM
Skill name: Banshee's Grave

Target: Enemy Corpse

Description: When cast on enemy, a banshee will move straight line from the original corpse all the way to the caster, damaging everything in his way and debuffing targets with slow. Debuff can stack and on 3 it has chance to change the targets into Ghost minions what fight for you small amount of time.

Visuals: Your characters hands go slowly over his head and hands are purple, then you see female ghost running with trident rapdily towards you. When struck on enemy bright flash appears.

Sounds: You hear slight humming on the hand perioid and when the spell is struck, you start hearing ear tearing scream volume decreasing all the way to zero when getting to character.

On hit, "ethereal blow" Something close when you drop water on hot and tune it up abit with pro tunes. ;)
What happens atleast once in 60 minutes?

Ingame, forums, irc:

"Nyydia: Brb getting coffee"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info