[1.3.x] Dual Flame Totems: Solo, Self-Found, Beginner-friendly. AA+EB!

So I respec'd the scion on standard today and with mivo's build its seems stronger

about the same life with my gear but more mana and the totems seem alot stronger

No problems running AA or spamming totems with around 1k mana and 3k reserved

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABAcEswagCGcI9AxfEFgQzBZvFy8YPBo4HKcfAiSqJy8o-iu2LJwtHzI0MtE1kjbFNuk_J0GHRUdFnUrITLNTUlOlVcZV1lcrWOVaK17AXypj_WSEZOdmnmjyakNrF20ZbqpxhXrmfEuApIIegpuCx4Pbh2WIWoxGjHaQVZM6lSCWdJrgoEKiAKPypwinlK-3tfK2hrcxtz64k7zqvSe9gsAawFTAZsHzwxPGrtH92CTYvdrd2wvfiuNq6QLr5Ovu7DjtIPAf-JP5vfno-tL-Cv6z

Im only lvl 85 , and the way this is atm can only get better i reckon :)

With the new build, especially with the third aura, I'm definitely feeling stronger.

Since we have a bit more resists on passives and purity of elements now, I have lots of useless resists on my gear atm but can't seem to buy anything because no one bothers logging to standard to trade :D
Phew! I finally managed to get away from my Bloodlines character for a bit (yes, using this build for her, too!) and fully revised the guide for 1.3. :)

A couple things:

I specced my L90 FT Standard character to this new 1.3 build and was amazed how well it works. Everything is better, though I'm now severely overcapped on resists thanks to Purity of Elements. This certainly makes gearing for end game mapping even more trivial. I also found that I didn't need as much mana regeneration as I had planned for in the L90 build, even with three auras and L21 AA (this may be different with a L23 AA). I posted a L84 target skill tree which is the point where the build would be "completed". (I just think most players won't go for 90. Heaven knows it took me an endless number of map runs.)

A noteworthy change is the result of what Shrandis had mentioned: Celestial Punishment is awesome! I paid more attention to how many mobs get ignited, and with the combination of Fammability + the improved ignite chance from Elementalist and Celestial Punish itself, bosses pretty much always burn. So this is a substantial damage increase. This makes Flammability the primary curse I'd recommend, if only one is used (sufficient most of the time).

Something I want to look into still is Added Lighting Damage vs. Added Chaos Damage. Inkompetentia had pointed out that we do take a lot of generic +elemental damage nodes, and with Elementalist/Celestial Punishment, we may actually have a decent shock chance, so ALD may actuallly be a serious alternative to ACD again.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and thoughts! You guys are fantastic! :)
46 so far, no issues. I took more damage over starting health since I'm on torment, and I haven't died since a1n to a vaal boss that got posessed.
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
Last edited by Andrew676 on Dec 15, 2014, 3:56:11 AM
Could Infernal Mantle work well with this build?
Or should I go for a good rare chest?
Last edited by Mare28 on Dec 15, 2014, 5:51:44 AM
"
Mare28 wrote:
Could Infernal Mantle work well with this build?
Or should I go for a good rare chest?

Yes, it would work and boost the damage further. It's definitely a chest for the late game, though, when a) you can run Purity of Elements and have greater gear flexibility as your resists are covered, and b) have awesome mana regeneration so that you won't take double the spell damage from being low on mana. It sacrifices some life, but especially in softcore I think this is an interesting choice. I can't test it since my Infernal Mantles in Standard aren't 5L or 6L.

Personally, I'm pretty big on survivability, having lots of life, and having flexible gear, so I'd go for a rare chest, but strictly by the numbers, especially in softcore, the Infernal Mantle is very solid and affordable. (I should add this to the gear section as an option.)
So, I had a good day in Bloodlines and completed another section of the updated leveling trees, directly based on the HC leveling experience in 1.3. It's quite different from 1.1 and 1.2, and even nicer now than I remember (this is my 5th Flame Totems based character -- the ease of the build grows on you). Being able to run Discipline + Clarity + low/mid AA even before Merciless, but especially early in Merciless, is fantastic. My Bloodlines character is 61 now, still alive, and rolling through Merciless, sitting at 3k HP and ~68-75 resists. All self-found still -- probably way more HP than is needed for that level, but it's a hardcore league and I'm super conservative when it comes to survivability. I'm somewhat tempted to slow down until they fix the Frozen Sky mod that seems to instant kill people, though.

I'll update the quest rewards section in the next few days. Been keeping track of what was offered, since that was changed again and I'm not sure if the wiki is on top. Scion does get everything that is needed, except Flammability. It was available previously, but no longer. However, Eleron sells it when he's level 3 already, so this is an easy, trade-free way to get it.
hi nice build doing on torment..wich is the common dps number? no have 1.2k , ft + lmp + fire pen + IIR

but for end game? ty mate
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
Last edited by PabloCappone on Dec 15, 2014, 12:48:05 PM
What do you think of taking Practical Application in the witch tree to get through, dropping Agility (dex node) and the 2 int nodes you no longer need to travel through?

You'd gain:
20 str
55% chance to avoid stun while casting

You'd lose:
20 int
10 dex

Just curious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info