April 25

liar n.n
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
liar n.n

I didn't want to believe it either, but they're question dodging so much. If they had good news to share, they'd be making FAR more money right now, but since they're not, it's obviously the bad news, meaning PC got downgraded too.

"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
Fire_Kid wrote:
The game got downgraded on PC too.

Check the steam page, all the good looking screenshots are now gone. All hope is lost.

Probably going to be the last Souls game I buy, mainly because not only is the false advertising bullshit, but because I've heard that gameplaywise the game was also dumbed down in some ways. The games going mainstream, and namco likes it.

Mainstream? DkS2 is much more in line with Demon's Souls/Kings Field. DkS1 was much more forgiving and "mainstream", if you want to use that term. I've beat it 3 times and it is certainly harder than DkS1.

The graphics downgrade doesn't really bother me. Art style + atmosphere are the important bit, not pixel count.
Last edited by Mephasm on Mar 29, 2014, 6:33:19 AM
"
Mephasm wrote:
"
Fire_Kid wrote:
The game got downgraded on PC too.

Check the steam page, all the good looking screenshots are now gone. All hope is lost.

Probably going to be the last Souls game I buy, mainly because not only is the false advertising bullshit, but because I've heard that gameplaywise the game was also dumbed down in some ways. The games going mainstream, and namco likes it.

Mainstream? DkS2 is much more in line with Demon's Souls/Kings Field. DkS1 was much more forgiving and "mainstream", if you want to use that term. I've beat it 3 times and it is certainly harder than DkS1.

The graphics downgrade doesn't really bother me. Art style + atmosphere are the important bit, not pixel count.

That's what I've heard so far. Of course I'll get the game myself and make my own opinion, but the general consensus of what people have been saying is that the game, while still difficult, went for the more "generic" sense of difficulty, and saturated the world with bonfires and allowed you to easily move back and forth, making traveling trivial. It's not surprising, after all Hidetaka Miyazaki isn't the director anymore, and the game's getting mainstream attention.

Eh, I dunno. That's just what I've heard, but I'm sure that the easy bonfire warping will make exploration much less rewarding and difficult, and will take out those moments of true hell I've had in Dark Souls and only in Dark Souls, like getting stuck in Anor Londo with shit weapons, or in Blighttown with broken equipment. Or maybe freaking out in the Painted World. I never even had those moments in Demon's Souls.

And the graphics downgrade is only really worth complaining about on PC. It's obvious consoles had to be downgraded, but there's no reason PC should have been downgraded too.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Last edited by Fire_Kid on Mar 29, 2014, 8:57:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info