Stash/Bank system?

I wasn't suggesting it. They are making a kickass game, so I'm sure little things such as this have already been discussed. It was simply a question.

To clarify - I'm totally against charging players more for additional stash space and hope it's not something that they implement. I think it's downright sleazy that other titles do this. Hence the reason...at least one of mine for not continuing to play those games.
"
Xorsist wrote:
I wasn't suggesting it. They are making a kickass game, so I'm sure little things such as this have already been discussed. It was simply a question.

To clarify - I'm totally against charging players more for additional stash space and hope it's not something that they implement. I think it's downright sleazy that other titles do this. Hence the reason...at least one of mine for not continuing to play those games.

Regardless of whether we do sell extra stash tabs, the default amount that players get will be plenty. I think the stash currently has 576 squares. Plus, players are free to make additional accounts at will, if they need more space.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
That's a lot of squares. I am all for cosmetics being at charge or making the spells look different and cooler. Having necessities for extra charge... well, that always caused me and a lot of people to drop the game. I think what a game such as this would benefit from the most is having paying leagues, tournaments which you would have to pay a fee to enter (having some free ones once in a while would be nice).

Regardless of the little details, I just can't wait to start testing the game (crosses the fingers). I am planning on dedicating a lot of time to this game and I want it to be amazing.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
Last edited by bkboggy on Jul 13, 2011, 7:14:22 AM
Btw you do know that 576 is much less than it probably sounds to you? Think of a 24x24 square and how some large items in D2 (2x8) take up 16 alone.
Last edited by nermind on Jul 13, 2011, 11:13:31 AM
"
nermind wrote:
Btw you do know that 576 is much less than it probably sounds to you? Think of a 24x24 square and how some large items in D2 (2x8) take up 16 alone.

Think more 12x12 with 4 pages. It's still a lot unless you decide you need to pick up and save nearly every decent/good item.
"Instead of praising what you do not understand, try understanding what you do not praise."
- Charles L. Haeldrik
"
Chris wrote:
"
Xorsist wrote:

Regardless of whether we do sell extra stash tabs, the default amount that players get will be plenty. I think the stash currently has 576 squares. Plus, players are free to make additional accounts at will, if they need more space.

That all sounds good to me Chris! I wasn't meaning to imply that the simple act of offering extra stash for a nominal fee was a bad thing, but rather the idea of giving just a very limited amount of stash slots and forcing players to either pay up or select a very few items to hoard. Are like items stackable (gems - pots - or other consumables)?

"
Xorsist wrote:
That all sounds good to me Chris! I wasn't meaning to imply that the simple act of offering extra stash for a nominal fee was a bad thing, but rather the idea of giving just a very limited amount of stash slots and forcing players to either pay up or select a very few items to hoard. Are like items stackable (gems - pots - or other consumables)?

I understand, and I feel the same way. It'd be against our policy to ever make players feel they have to buy anything to enjoy the game. We just want to make sure that if they do want extra perks, there are plenty available.

The consumable items (currency items) are stackable.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
nermind wrote:
how some large items in D2 (2x8) take up 16 alone.
I was never lucky enough to see any 2x8 items :-P
"
Wisdom wrote:
"
nermind wrote:
how some large items in D2 (2x8) take up 16 alone.
I was never lucky enough to see any 2x8 items :-P

Hehe my bad, 2x4 would be 8 (which I somehow managed to double to make it more impressive:D) Wonder how noone noticed it before you (=

P.S. Not to sound too worried about the idea of selling extra stash space - I'll likely end up with many mules with or without it and since I'm planning to support the game I don't mind paying some for the stash also - just that it feels "less ethic" than the visual stuff to me, no matter the original size of stash. Much more so in PoE where randomised (read: lots of different stuff to fill inventory with) loot is one of the core features.
Last edited by nermind on Jul 13, 2011, 6:45:57 PM
To me buying extra stash by cash is a good idea. I dunno you guys, but i'll feel bad to play a game like PoE and don't spend any penny on it.

Buying extra stash is not "game breaking", like Chris said, you can make lots of characters just for mule, and with the shared stash will be easier.
El infierno es vivir cada día, sin saber la razón de tu existencia.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info