Stash/Bank system?

As Chris has mentioned, the initial inventory and stash space is plenty and not going to frustrate anyone. If anyone wants to have more space... maybe because they're collecting every item they ever find (there are people like that... lol) they have an option of buying more space. So, they're not restricting your space like other games, they just want to have that option available within the shop so that if someone does want to buy more space... heck, why not have it and make some money? It seems like a good idea to me.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
You can fit all your flasks,jewelery,orbs and gems in one tab fairly easily. The other tab allow for easily storing quite a few spare weapons and another two tabs of Armour. Plus you have your regular inventory. It's a pretty decent amount of space.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
Last edited by Zidjian on Jul 13, 2011, 11:06:26 PM
Agree with Zidjian here. You will not need more space unless you are an item hoarder.

I personally wouldnt mind if they took a tab or two away and charged the hoarders for hoarding.
RIP Bolto
All your opinions are right. Its not game breaking and you can easily play with or without extra space. But I'll still play the devils advocate and say that this IS a game play affecting feature, which GGG loves to say they would not sell in any way or form.

Other than that its not a bad business idea - those who don't want to spend any money wont feel really bad abut it and those who only want to spend money on something that actually benefits their game at least in some way get a reason to do so.

Just my 2 (or probably more by now ^^) cents (:
I'm happy with Chris's response. It sounds as if they are offering plenty of initial space. That was my primary concern, but that's been put to rest...

I do like to hoard things though, so I'll likely buy extra space. I won't feel taken advantage of when buying this extra space, knowing I had plenty before, but opted to keep more then maybe needed. :)
"
Chris wrote:
"
Xorsist wrote:
I wasn't suggesting it. They are making a kickass game, so I'm sure little things such as this have already been discussed. It was simply a question.

To clarify - I'm totally against charging players more for additional stash space and hope it's not something that they implement. I think it's downright sleazy that other titles do this. Hence the reason...at least one of mine for not continuing to play those games.

Regardless of whether we do sell extra stash tabs, the default amount that players get will be plenty. I think the stash currently has 576 squares. Plus, players are free to make additional accounts at will, if they need more space.

Ok, were there any changes regards this decision?
I know that You support in beta 4 tabs in stash, and one tab is quite large, but when we think that this will be game for months/years and that You're aiming into 24 characters limits per account i find that amount of place quite low.

I remember how many items i keeps with stash mod in D2, it was 10 tabs at least and i was playing it for 2-3 weeks maybe.

We know that 1 tab will be totally dedicated to gems, orbs, scrolls and flasks, and last 3 would be quite enough if items automatically scales to occupy only 1x1 box, instead of 1x3-2x3.
Some math.
There are 576 boxes in 4 tabs, but its likely probably that most player will reserve one tab for consumables items, so actually we have:
3 tabs = 432 slots
One full character setup [armors, weapon, rings, flasks] takes about:
50 boxes
So we can store about 8.5 character sets, its great number at the beginning, but with so high customization and 24 character slots, and items stored just for trade is really low number.
Average sized item keeps 3-4 boxes, so just with downscaling them in stash [to 1x1 boxes like in D3], we would get 3-4 times more space.
Or You could just buff up number of tabs to 8, so we would get:
7 tabs = 1008 boxes for items = 20 sets of items for builds.

---
I dont want to make new topic so i'll ask here.
Are there any plans for basic auto-attack function for PVE?
I know that its for some people useless, but its really easy to implement and could be totally optional.
Many will write to me that there is shift button, but it doesnt work well and never did, especially for chasing ranged characters or kiting with ranged one.
It really annoying to chase character or click 10-15 times to just hit same mob.
It doesnt decrease gameplay skill, You still have to move around, use different skills and switch target, its just decrease annoying action and it much better for checking attack speed.

Ps. You'll developing amazing game, i'm really wish You great success with F2P policy.
Last edited by KKRT on Aug 19, 2011, 8:18:13 PM
I think the shift system is fine, it's what we had in d2, auto aim would be nice for rangers and such though... Also adding to my repetoir of threads with majority beta players...
All for minions "modes" so they can follow, stand, or patrol.
"
KKRT wrote:
Ok, were there any changes regards this decision?
I know that You support in beta 4 tabs in stash, and one tab is quite large, but when we think that this will be game for months/years and that You're aiming into 24 characters limits per account i find that amount of place quite low.

I remember how many items i keeps with stash mod in D2, it was 10 tabs at least and i was playing it for 2-3 weeks maybe.

We know that 1 tab will be totally dedicated to gems, orbs, scrolls and flasks, and last 3 would be quite enough if items automatically scales to occupy only 1x1 box, instead of 1x3-2x3.
Some math.
There are 576 boxes in 4 tabs, but its likely probably that most player will reserve one tab for consumables items, so actually we have:
3 tabs = 432 slots
One full character setup [armors, weapon, rings, flasks] takes about:
50 boxes
So we can store about 8.5 character sets, its great number at the beginning, but with so high customization and 24 character slots, and items stored just for trade is really low number.
Average sized item keeps 3-4 boxes, so just with downscaling them in stash [to 1x1 boxes like in D3], we would get 3-4 times more space.
Or You could just buff up number of tabs to 8, so we would get:
7 tabs = 1008 boxes for items = 20 sets of items for builds.

Currently an account has over 2000 boxes (for reference, a full Diablo 2 account had 768 boxes if you used the cube on all 8 characters), and that's not counting gear that is actually equipped. People can always just make a new account anyway, since it's free.
Last edited by Wisdom on Aug 19, 2011, 8:28:14 PM
I foresee people making many mule accounts, or buying more tabs from the shop for convenience.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
Wisdom wrote:

Currently an account has over 2000 boxes (for reference, a full Diablo 2 account had 768 boxes if you used the cube on all 8 characters), and that's not counting gear that is actually equipped. People can always just make a new account anyway, since it's free.

How so? Are You counting inventory space of all 24 characters too?
If yes, its not viable, because You need to have straight access to items.
And making free accounts is stupid.
Diablo 2 amount was so low, and 3 times greater i wouldnt even consider as a solution.
Making 8-10 tabs is so easy from development standpoint and database disc space isnt issue at all nowadays.

Ps. Are there any info about guilds options and for example guild stashes?
Last edited by KKRT on Aug 19, 2011, 8:37:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info