No sound driver detected.

Joining the 5 year old thread for no sound. Gears in initial startup have sound, but nothing afterwords. It seems to me, that actually focusing on the window removes sound, though that might just be because steam starts the game in a window that isn't automatically brought from the background into the foreground if that makes any sense. Never ran into this issue before now.
I have the same issue and I just started the game. Im reinstalling it rn but if theres still no sound when Im done I wont be playing it I guess. Thats too bad.
"
Milamber9 wrote:
On my ASUS gaming laptop, the resolution to no sound driver being detected ended up being to disable Sonic Suite 3. Task Manager -> Startup

I have a Realtek sound card. Prior to this POE sound was not working although windows sounds were fine and even some other games were ok.

Uhm... weird... I suddenly started having this issue... no new driver/software for my soundcard for a full year...
Sound suddenly went bonkers when playing PoE and after that it said No Device when my speakers was set to default sound.
When my headset was set to default, all my sound devices would show up in options in PoE but my speaker setup would not actually be available (jumped to headset when I picked speakers)

Started being pissed at PoE for being stupid, but found this quote here and decided to test in Battlefield 5... no sound there either when speakers were default sound.

Tried disabling my Sonic Suite 3 also, and VOILA!... sound in both games again.

Guess I should report this issue to ASUS... don't wanna know how many people run into this problem and never figures it out
I have this issue since sunday 9-12-2018 i think patch 3.5.0b was then released.

I have tried some stuff i found on reddit what should be the solution like:
- uninstalling nvidia audio drivers
- uninstalling sonic software
- running poe executable as administrator
- million times restarting steam/poe

But nothing helps.

Sounds works fine on any other (steam) game.

The only exotic thing i am using is voicemeeter so i have more control over my audio while streaming.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info