No sound driver detected.

So, this has happened to me twice now after 1.1, using the steam client.
The first time my FPS in PoE dropped down to like 5, shut down the game, and when I came back in, no audio drivers detected.
I happened to have the standalone-client installed aswell, and there everything worked fine.

So I downloaded the steam-client again later, and that fixed my issue for the rest of the day, but then when I turned the game back on today using the steam client, I have the same "no sound driver detected" issue, and when I checked standalone, everything there works fine..

As for hardware, if it matters, I have:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87-HD3, Socket-1150
CPU: Intel® Core i7-4770K
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 760 Gaming 2GB PhysX
Ram: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz
PSU: Corsair TX 750M (750W)
SSD for Windows: Corsair SSD Force Series GT 120GB
SSD for Games: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB KW

It's using the onboard audio on the MB.
Running Windows 8.1(64 bit), all my drivers are updated to the most recent ones.

Edit: Forgot to mention 64bit Windows.
Ambush IGN: Kvazzminions | EKvazz
Last edited by Kvazz on Mar 8, 2014, 10:23:13 AM
Last bumped on Dec 18, 2018, 8:28:41 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have the same issue ever since 1.1 PoE has been giving me
"No sound driver detected"
can't find any fixes for it whatsoever.
My specs are:

Asrock z77 pro 3 motherboard
HIS HD7950
i7 3770k @ 4.4ghz
Samsung 840 evo (Game is booting from)
Crucial M4 (Windows)
corsair tx750w psu
windows 7 64bit

I'm using Razer Kraken headphones and they've worked before for this game and as far as I know nothing has changed since then other than patch 1.1. I've updated Synapse, rebooted (of course) reinstalled the game and had the same issue. I'm using the onboard audio from my mobo and it works fine in every other game/program I've tested. My motherboard drivers/videocard drivers are all up to date as well. I'm almost certain it's an issue in game rather than on my end. It'd be nice to see anyone reply or have any idea though.

I have Razer Kraken 7.1s as well. It maybe that it's a problem with Razer and how it has a virtual soundcard in the headset itself.

Still haven't found a fix
"
Yimer wrote:
I have Razer Kraken 7.1s as well. It maybe that it's a problem with Razer and how it has a virtual soundcard in the headset itself.

Still haven't found a fix

I have a steelseries headset, so I doubt that's the issue

Edit: Also, been playing all day on standalone client, no issue yet.
So I'm thinking it might be related to the steam client?
Ambush IGN: Kvazzminions | EKvazz
Last edited by Kvazz on Mar 9, 2014, 2:37:17 PM
I'm going to try updating my stand alone client and seeing if that fixes the problem for me as well, I don't think its the headphones but... I'll update this when I finish updating my stand alone client.
This worked for me! Go to your steam apps folder in your C drive, open up commons, Path of exile, then run PathOfExileSteam as administrator! BAM SOUND
Stand alone client has sound using "Generic Sound Drivers for Headphones" It seems to be an issue with the steam install.
"
Chickenfoo wrote:
This worked for me! Go to your steam apps folder in your C drive, open up commons, Path of exile, then run PathOfExileSteam as administrator! BAM SOUND

This works for me, weird that it doesn't work properly without admin priveleges though.
I also get intermittent "No Sound Driver". Bug report: 3907736302.

I am NOT on steam. This happens both with and without "--softwareaudio".
i have the same problem, no solution yet

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info