Corrupted items can be mirrored?

Sorry for bump 1-month old thread, but...

Those items were mirrored first and then corrupted. Different proccess here.

@OP: Making two out of one is a modification in a sense that the original item first is unique and then it is not anymore. So it changes metaphysically speaking.
Also, the new item first was not in existence and now it is. So technically you modified the mirrored version of the item by bringing it into existence. And since the mirrored item is also corrupted that should not be possible.
"
Those items were mirrored first and then corrupted. Different proccess here.

You can't modify a mirrored item,same way you can't modify a corrupted item.

He got those by corrupting a strongbox with the mirrored mod.
YOU CAN MIRROR A VAALED ITEM!
Got my first and last mirror drop and science it out!

hue hue hue hue
Stoutarm

Guildleader: JESUSWEPT (JESUS†)
"
LikeAJagger wrote:
YOU CAN MIRROR A VAALED ITEM!
Got my first and last mirror drop and science it out!

wow, grow up lol, thats not funny at all.
"
tikitaki wrote:
The Vaal Orb description:

"
Corrupted items cannot be modified again

Bold for emphasis.

As far as I know, the Mirror of Kalandra does not modify the original. Which means either you can mirror corrupted rares, or the description of the Vaal Orb is incorrect as stated.

The description is not wrong, at least for the reason you state.

The angle you are coming from, OP, if I'm not wrong is; Description says 'cannot be modified again' therefore something that doesn't modify isn't excluded.

This isn't logical. Saying one thing is excluded does not automatically mean another thing is not excluded.

Here's an example. If I was to say 'this apple cannot fly a plane', would that imply that the apple could drive a car, or fly a helicopter, or even drive a plane on the ground?

Answer; no (apples are actually quite bad generally at controlling any type of transport, on the ground or in the air).

Now, if you had said the description is wrong because some corrupted items actually can be modified via Vorici, then you'd have a point. Indeed the description was correct in SotV, but not in FM. But even that is nitpicky, as the description quite obviously refers to the use of the orb itself as a modifying single use orb, following the 'use' wording on the orb, above the description you quoted.

EDIT: Fuck, I got necrotrolled.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 17, 2014, 7:47:55 PM
EDIT: Whoa necro thread!
Last edited by PoofGoof on Oct 17, 2014, 7:55:42 PM
4 years later and vaal orb description still unclear.
That's part of what makes it vaal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info