Corrupted items can be mirrored?

"
tikitaki wrote:
"
h3rp3s wrote:
OP how many times do you need to be told the answer?

NO

NO

NO

the question was rhetorical.

i'm pointing out that the description of the orb is incorrect.

i swear, the people in this forum are just hilariously thick.

"
tmblake09 wrote:
"corrupted items cannot have further currency applied to them"

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/807869

So, sounds like you cannot use mirrors.

that would be the description that should be on the orb, not the incorrect current version.

I would view mirroring the item as modifying it again, as you are doing something further to that item.
"
tmblake09 wrote:
"
tikitaki wrote:
"
h3rp3s wrote:
OP how many times do you need to be told the answer?

NO

NO

NO

the question was rhetorical.

i'm pointing out that the description of the orb is incorrect.

i swear, the people in this forum are just hilariously thick.

"
tmblake09 wrote:
"corrupted items cannot have further currency applied to them"

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/807869

So, sounds like you cannot use mirrors.

that would be the description that should be on the orb, not the incorrect current version.

I would view mirroring the item as modifying it again, as you are doing something further to that item.

How?

There is zero modification to the original item. None. The item stays exactly the same no matter how many times you mirror it. It's not a modification step.
"
tikitaki wrote:
"
tmblake09 wrote:

How?

There is zero modification to the original item. None. The item stays exactly the same no matter how many times you mirror it. It's not a modification step.

You're modifying the item to create another one like it.
Last edited by tmblake09 on Mar 6, 2014, 8:16:31 PM
"
tmblake09 wrote:

Please explain the modification.

As far as I know, all relevant stats stay the same. Unless you are talking about some server side variable that the player can't see or access in any way, which ins't a very good standard to put on the term "modify."
Last edited by tikitaki on Mar 6, 2014, 8:19:36 PM
"
tikitaki wrote:
"
tmblake09 wrote:

Please explain the modification.

As far as I know, all relevant stats stay the same. Unless you are talking about some server side variable that the player can't see or access in any way, which ins't a very good standard to put on the term "modify."

Well, you're creating an item with a different item number, so that's a modification. And since it's technically the same item, you've modified it. LOL. Just grasping at straws here. Just accept that corrupting is meant to be the final thing done to an item, and only you will ever use that item unless you actually give it to someone else.
A corrupted item probably behaves exactly like a mirrored item. It's likely the exact same mechanic being used for both. Can you mirror a mirrored item? I'm honestly not sure, but I think the answer is no.
OP is correct in that the mirror does not modify the item in any way. Modifying something requires a change be made to that item in some way, and applying a mirror in no way changes the original item.

That said, this is disturbingly nitpicky, and the change OP is suggesting, to "no currency items can be used" would only be more confusing for newer players who may not yet be aware of what exactly is considered currency. It's fine as is.
"
MagicalMrE wrote:
OP is correct in that the mirror does not modify the item in any way. Modifying something requires a change be made to that item in some way, and applying a mirror in no way changes the original item.

That said, this is disturbingly nitpicky, and the change OP is suggesting, to "no currency items can be used" would only be more confusing for newer players who may not yet be aware of what exactly is considered currency. It's fine as is.

it's not that nit picky.

i don't think you want a game as technical as PoE to fall down a rabbit hole where the in-game instructions and statements are actually false.

it's easily changeable. this isn't like desync or something. there's literally no reason why it can't be clear and correct at the same time.
You know, why not just try to mirror the corrupted item, and shut up about it?
If they cant be mirrored, GGG should have been more clear with the wording.
Now its time to make exalts and eternals drop from the sky like rain! Yea baby, so everyone get BiS real quick, but only selected few get good corrupt final result and none can mirror it!

Not even ur mirror works blasted Atziri!

hehehehehe, NO

Delete mirrors and eternals from the game files goddammit!!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info