Corrupted Area Spawns

The following is a list of the Corrupted Areas with spawn locations and descriptions of the resident unique bosses.

The list is still evolving, any help is greatly appreciated.

All the information is provisionally declared faulty for legal reasons. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Arcane Chambers

- Lunaris 1-3; "look for it in Lunaris level 1, this area is the smallest."
- Boss: Beheader Ataguchu; a new type of human monster
- Abilities: Dominus Corrupted Blood cleave, Warping Cyclone, desecerate after cyclone.

"Aside from Chaos damage not hard to handle."

Blind Alley
- Spawns: Warehouse District (located in a dead-end sidepassage)
- Boss: M'gaska, the living pyre, a totem.
- Mods : Resists elemental damage, Resists chaos damage.
- Abilities: Flameblast and summons Totems casting raging Spirit.

"Raging spirit might be annoying - still: a simple boss."
"Totems summon raging spirits at crazy rate."
"Anything but summoner friendly. Doesn't regenerate life and doesn't move, though. Victory by attrition is the path, if nothing else works."

Clouded Ridge
- Spawns: Ledge
- Boss: Konu, Maker of Wind, a Goatman.
- Abilities: Leap Slam that causes Burning Ground (life leech from the burning ground effect; so stay away from the burning ground or he gets life back), Quick, Attacks Fast, Molten Shell, Life Leech

"An annoying boss because he is leeching life and regenerating on Burning Ground. Only danger is the molten Shell Explosion."

Concealed Cavity
- Spawns: The Shore, The Coast (?), Fetid Pool (?), Lower Submerged Passage, Upper Submerged Passage, Twilight Strand (Mountain near Hillock/waterfall) & Cavern of Wrath, possibly Cavern of Anger
- Boss: "The All-Seeing Eye", a (new mob) called Soulless Watcher.
- Abilities: Conductivity, Arc, Charged Blind Shot

"A quiet simple boss - only might be hard to hit if you are blinded."

Covered-up Hollow
- Spawns: Caverns, lvl 1 & 2, The Den (sidearm/cul-de-sac with hole in the ground), Fellshrine (near entrance to Crypt)
- Boss: Cintiq the Inescapable, a viper strike/flicker striker spider ("Black Widow Clone")

"Cintiq the inescapable is aptly named!"
"Stupid One Shot mechanic boss. Don't bother fighting it without Chaos Resists. One of the main Rip Reasons in Invasion as Guest Boss."

Disused Furnace
- Spawns: Crematorium
- Boss: Curator Miem, an Undying Incinerator.
- Abilities: Fire Bombs, Fire Traps, Quick, Fast Casting/Attacking, Firestorm (powerful).

"Be wary or be dead."
"Had to call in help to kill him as his dps was insane for anyone standing still."
"Only for strong players."
"While not technically 'One Shotting', this boss is still stupid. You can choose it being a 'Not being able to hit boss.' or a 'One Shot Boss'. If you attack him 2-3 times you will stand in stacked firestorms looking like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeDUzfkzQyc."
"Don't bother fighting it in small areas as guest boss(the area is small) and without over capped fire resists."

How to (by Hilbert): "The best way to finish Disused Furnace without overpowered gear would be Searing Bond, because you can deal damage while moving and 2-3 Firestorms don't hit that hard.
In all other cases: Slow Attack/Castspeed= Much damage. Even with a strategy this will be the hardest boss because you don't have much room to move so you will always walk in some fire storms."

Entombed Alcove
- Spawns: The Crypt (1&2) (sarcophagus as entrance)
- Boss: ???, a Vaal Construct.
- Abiltities: Far Shot, Fast, Vaal Chaos Fireball, Chaos Projectiles, Chaos Traps, possible more chaos damage

"Don't bother to fight him without CI/High chaos resists. The entire Area will be filled in Chaos Clouds quite fast."

How to (by Hilbert): "Simple and easy go CI and you will take next to no Damage. Or keep moving, so the Chaos Clouds won't stack on you."
As a summoner you can stay simply stay at distance and summon your minions/totems and let them do the dirty work. They'll die a lot though (Minion instability helps a lot).

Entombed Chamber
- Spawns: Catacombs
- Boss: Ossecati, a Colossal Bonestalker
- Abiltities: Summons Skeletons, Desyncs Searing Bond/Flameblast users, possibly also a modified culling Strike ("because I have met him several times and never seen somebody survive with <25% HP.")

"Hits really hard."
"DEFINITELY recommend melee be careful facetanking."
"Not difficult as ranged character. Possible One-Shots if Melee."
"Zone was also populated by corpses with chaos on death, in boss room watch aoe or you end up filling room w/ chaos. DEFINITELY recommend melee be careful facetanking." (could need verification on the chaos DoT?)

Forbidden Chamber
- Spawns: Vaal Ruins (def. lvl 1, probably also Lvl 2),Caverns level 2 (lvl 1?), Ancient Pyramid (?)
- Boss: Haviri, Vaal Metalsmith (giant Vaal Fallen)
- Abilities: Curses, Summons Totems with following abilities: LMP FP, EK, Chaos EK, Chaos ROA, Forking Artic Breath, Shock Nova, Multiproj. Fireball, Flame Totem/Incinerate, Storm Call.

"Dangerous."
"Metalsmith is just mental. Those totems with Arctic Breath and Freezing Pulse are way overtuned. They hit like 10 times a second and even with 77% all res I had no chance what so ever. Frozen until dead."
"The totems are highly resistant, I killed him in public cruel parties overleveled and every time he wiped the entire party around the area level."

How to (by Hilbert): "Best way would be to kill the totems as Ranged and keep the Shock Nova Totems alive. There seems to be a limit of 6 Totems. The Icetotems are the hardest hitting ones you should destroy, the other totems are rather close ranged."

Forgotten Oubliette
- Spawns: Lower Prison & Upper Prison
- Boss: Coniraya, Shadow of Malice, a Spectral Bowman.
- Abilities: Puncture, Quick, Fast Attacks, Split Arrow, RoA(chaos dmg?) causing puncture and spawns shocking ground.

"You can choose to die to puncture or rain of arrows."
"The RoA already does big, but not One Shot big damage, but if you don't move his next RoA will kill you. If you move enjoy puncture on shocking ground killing/almost killing you."

"Killed my reasonable tanky scion in about 1.5 seconds."

How to (by Hilbert): "The Best way to defeat him would be to maximize projectile speed and blindfire on him. Immortal Call works against puncture. But I couldn't verify if his base damage is high or he also deals chaos damage."

Hidden Patch
- Spawns: The Old Fields (at the Edge, close to Gneiss), The Crossroads ? Broken Bridge
- Boss: Thornrunner, a serpent.
- Abiltities: Proximity shield, Chaos Firestorm, Puncture, Running Away (quickly)

"A rather annoying boss because it's hard to hit. Puncture might be hard on Evasion/ES characters."

Inner Grounds
- Spawns: The Imperial Gardens; Hedge Maze probable but unconfirmed
- Boss: Inti of the Blood Moon, an Avian/Corpse eater
- Abiltities: Fast, Summons small Avians, Soul Eater, Additional Life.

"He is very, very hard. Don't say I didn't warn you. Looks like single target melee is the best way to go."
"TANKY AS HELL."

"You need single Target Damage against him or else he will power up and some souls are enough and he it on One shot level. Wanna see players dying? Just feed him a bit run away open a public party....."

How to (by Hilbert): Charge straight to the boss ignore everything or destroy all corpses and use single target damage. CwDT+ Immortal Call works only on melee attacks his spitting is also extremly fast. Every attempt resulting into Soul Eater and Corpses creates a beast.
A pumped up cruel Bloodmoon deals more damage than Dominus Merciless. (His attacks look like a graphic error(20+ attacks per second).) You shouldn't join a public party doing that boss in HC when you weren't there at start, it is very likely that he is already pumped to an extent to one shot you. With many souls eaten this is the hardest Boss by far.

Mystical Clearing
- Spawns: The Riverways, (maybe, but unconfirmed: Dark Forest)
- Boss: Simi, the Nature Touched, a giant gorilla (http://i.imgur.com/9dzLAmU.jpg)
- Abilities: Soul Eater, Spectral Ape summoning, Triple Enduring/Frenzy/Power Charge cry, Anger and Hatred aura
in depth info
Boss has Soul-Eater and summoned small semi-invisible chimps called "Aspect of Nemi". He also gave surrounding creatures additional elemental damage, Lighting and fire.
The adds that that boss spawn will have 3 power, frenzy, and endurance charges which expire when the adds are moved away from the boss. I'm not sure where they gain these charges but it seems to be related to the boss.
The boss does buff allies with additional damage of each element and soul eater does seem to have an effect on these mods.
The boss can be extremely dangerous if you fight him as a melee due to the fact that the adds run power charges, cold damage, and lightning damage. Being permanently frozen and triple shock stacked is a possibility if you stand there and face tank the adds.
You can easily be over run by the adds but you can simply kite the adds away from the boss and kill them due to the fact that they move slightly faster than the boss.
Desync can be an issue for some people due to the fact that you can have a lot of adds on the screen if you don't have a solid AoE ability."

"The boss can be extremely dangerous if you fight him as a melee due to the fact that the adds run power charges, cold damage, and lightning damage. Being permanently frozen and triple shock stacked is a possibility if you stand there and face tank the adds."
"Though he had a lot of HP he wasnt too dangerous."
"Not that difficult because the boss is really slow."

Narrow Ravine
- Spawns: The Western Forest (at the Edge, not far from the blocked exit); more locations possible (report?)
- Boss: Kormaq, the Soilmaker, a Devourer.
- Abilities: Fast, Staying submerged if you are not cursed, Lighting Ball spamm, Far Shot, Random curse on melee hit.

"Very dangerous."
"Possibly the #1 reason players die in Invasion. Even if he doesn't hit you, he is a pain in the ass to kill because if you aren't cursed he will instantly submerge again."

How to (by Hilbert): The Best strategy would be to use a summoner with ranged spectres using skeletons at meatshield to receive the curse. But be aware that this boss hits harder than the Orchard Boss as level 66 guest on 75 lightning resists. Running in circles and using a Spectralthrow also works but it takes a lot of time.

Neglected Cellar
- City of Sarn (door of a house right in the lane, always the same place), Battlefront, Warehouse District, Ebony Barracks, The Hedge Maze & The Marketplace
- Boss: Rima Temptress, a Sea Witch.
- Abililities: Slow aura, Vaal Freezing Pulse Multitrap, Ice Storm Trap, Frost Bite Trap, Vaal Icenova Trap (bugged somehow ?)

"Can be tricky/dangerous for melee if you don't have capped resist/decent HP, not summoner friendly."
"If it wouldn't be an easy boss on ranged characters it would be in the Top 6 because I did it melee once and received massive damage to multitraps, getting freeze locked."

Quarantined Quarters
- Spawns: The Slums (2x)
- Boss: Sunburst Queen, a Carrion Queen.
- Abilities: 360 degree Incinerate Nova (merc), LMP Fireball, summoning triple suicide bugs, Impererial Garden/Orchard Devourer Fireball but a fast version with less damage.

"Might be really hard in merciless."
"Incinerate will be really annoying on melee characters."

Remote Gulch
- Spawns: The Climb, maybe also: Coast, Fetid Pool, Coves (confirmations?)
- Boss: Sheaq, Maker of Floods, a Goatman Shaman.
- Ablitilies: In normal: 1 Fireball and 1 spark totem and its a noob trap. In higher difficulties limitless spark totems, LMP Forking Machine Gun Fireeballs, Molten Shell. (Might also have Point Blank.)

"Melee characters beware - at close range ... death."
"For melee characters another One Shot boss, easy on ranged characters."

Restricted Gallery
- Spawns: The Archives & The Library (stairway shaped entrance)
- Boss: Ch'aska, Maker of Rain (Sniper)
- Abilties: Chaos EK, Chaos projectiles, Chaos Firestorm (, RoA?)

"Either dodge very well or have high (!) chaos resists, else you might have troubles.."
"The attacks are easy to dodge, but 1 shot damage without chaos resists."

Sacred Chambers
- Spawns: Solaris level 2 (probably also lvl 1)
- Boss: ???, 'some humanoid'
- Abilities: Spamming LMP spectral throw and summons Animate weapon.

"Nothing special about him."
"I was quite busy staying alive."

Sealed Corridors
- Spawns: Sceptre of God (both times in second floor) & Upper sceptre of God (2 floors before dominus every time)
- Boss: Wiraq the Impaler, a new humanoid monster. ("looks like Piety when she's on fire form")
- Abilities: Berserker, Dualstrike

"He can't do anything against ranged."
"He is slow(even with berserker fury), so you can kill it without being hit once without problems."
"Not very difficult."
"Hits my marauder like crazy when boss goes under half health."
(that would be the berserker mod!)

Secluded Copse
- Spawns: Weaver's Chambers (corner), The Blackwood, probably The Thicket & other areas (Southern Forest ?)
- Boss: Kutec, Vaal Fleshsmith.
- Abilities: Desecerate, Raise Zombies, Flesh Offering, Vaal Detonate Dead, Punishment.

"Summons five zombies who are very fast and hit hard, supported by casts of Flesh Offering. Casts Desecrated Ground at your feet, followed by Detonate Dead that seems to be the Vaal version of the spell (all the corpses appeared to explode nearly simultaneously).".
"A harder boss without one shot mechanics, that's how bosses should be created."

Secret Laboratory
- Spawns: Chamber of Sins, lvl 1/2 (probably also lvl 3)
- Boss: Atziri's Pride, a (90-120% faster) Piety Miscreation.
- Abilities: Arctic Armor, Lighting Warp on you and Unrighteous Fire

"Not hard to fight but really hard to hit."
"Pretty annoying boss because you will barely hit it. It even warps in melee range."

Stagnant Canal
- Spawns: Docks (spawns on an "arm" of docks, not center platform)
- Boss: Wiraqucha, 'Endless Snake, an Ancient Watcher Vaal Construct Serpent
- Abilties: Cloning (copies of self, reduced dmg on copies), Smoke Mine (alk shroud fog, blinds), Puncture, Running away, resist ele, resist chaos

"This boss is a dumb waste of time."
"His clone don't give soul charges for Vaal Gems, but soul eaters profit from it."
"Again, not difficult, yet annoying and time-consuming."

Strange Sinkhole
- Spawns: Mud Flats, Coast, The Twilight Strand (Mountain near Hillock/waterfall), Fetid Pool, The Cavern of Anger & Lower Submerged Passage (possible, but uncofirmed: Upper Submerged Passage, Cavern of Wrath)
- Boss: "Mother of the Hive" a big Crustacean Spitter
- Abilities: Allies cannot die Aura and summoning other spitters.

"Not too difficult."

Sunken Shingle
- Spawns: The Coves, Ship Graveyard & Mud Flats, (ground/hole spawn)
- Boss: Perquil the Lucky, a Cannibal.
- Abilities: Storm Call Footprints (Storm Call with markings on the ground that follow you as you move and activate after some time) and LMP Spectral Throw

"If you stand still the markings all stack under you." (-> Don't stand still.)
"Harder to hit due Footprints but interesting abilities without being one shot. A well designed boss."

Walled-off Ducts
- Spawns: The Market Sewers, The Slum Sewers (normal) & The Sewer Waterway (most likely also in the Warehouse Sewers, but unconfirmed)
- Boss: Cava, Artist of Pain, Spinecrack lookalike.
- Abilities: Just like Spinecrack with Thunderstorm & Lightning Strike.

"Stacks less than a Storm Herald Thunderstorm and luckily isn't such a (stupid) Storm Spam as the Crematorium Boss (Curator Miem in Disused Furnace)."

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Results": Spawns are fixed to certain (often related) areas. Difficulty level doesn't seem to matter or gate the content in any way (though the difficulty on some bosses notably rises in Cruel/Merciless).

I can still need more data for some of the unconfirmed, but suspected zones. Also appreciated is feedback for the bosses and tactics for them, which I'll start to add soon, so far as it isn't already contained in some of the quotes above.

Thanks to Hilbert for providing a lot of quite detailed feedback in a very organized manner.
IGN: GyreJubjub (Nemesis)
Last edited by ClearIcicle on Mar 10, 2014, 7:25:27 AM
I was farming the Den in act 2 cruel last night. A corrupted area popped there (forget the name, sorry!) at one of the dead ends about 1/5 times.

edit: 75% sure it is the Sinkhole area.
Last edited by rciv on Mar 6, 2014, 9:28:00 AM
Good job. I´d like to know the names of the all new places.

I only guess they are short...
"
rciv wrote:
I was farming the Den in act 2 cruel last night. A corrupted area popped there (forget the name, sorry!) at one of the dead ends about 1/5 times.

edit: 75% sure it is the Sinkhole area.

Might it have been the Covered-up Hollow instead? With a big spider boss? Because I found that one in the Den (on Normal, though). Obviously, it could also be more random. Maybe a class of areas spawns in ground (hollow, sinkhole, etc.), while others spawn at the zone/map edge.
Last edited by ClearIcicle on Mar 6, 2014, 9:58:15 AM
bump, nobody else want to share locations?
Boss of Narrow Ravine; i didnt get his name but its a Devourer who fires Arc balls. Docks boss is a blinder snake who gets unending copies of itself.
I found the Concealed Cavity (iirc) in the upper submerged passageway. Boss was a unique creature of a type I had never seen before - some kind of floating eye thing - that also populated the corrupted area. Name was something along the lines of "The All-seeing Eye". Cant remember what mods he had, but he shot lightning bolts at me as his most common attack.
I confirm Concealed Cavity at Upper Submerged Passage. Boss is "The All-Seeing Eye", soulless watcher who casts Arc.
Saw Neglected Cellar in Ebony Barracks, normal. Boss was a sea witch, Rimma Deep Temptress, spammed some trap that casts freezing pulse and a cold version of firestorm.
Last edited by aga110 on Mar 6, 2014, 1:00:15 PM
Ye, let's get this going. Doing a full clear atm, so far I only found:

Covered-up Hollow in Felshrine (merc) near entrance to Crypt.

Secluded Copse in a corner of the Weaver's Chambers (merc). Boss was Kutec, Vaal Fleshsmith.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Mar 6, 2014, 1:37:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info