Vaal Burning Arrow

I'm trying a vaal burning arrow ignite build and ive planned to put conc effect on the links to maximize the on hit dammage, but it does not increase the tooltip dps while decreasing aoe. Does this mean conc effect adds no dammage to VBA?
"
TheMasai wrote:
I'm trying a vaal burning arrow ignite build and ive planned to put conc effect on the links to maximize the on hit dammage, but it does not increase the tooltip dps while decreasing aoe. Does this mean conc effect adds no dammage to VBA?

Conc effect works but tooltip dps doesn't display this area damage boost.
"
Rhyse wrote:
Tested this out on a new phys archer ranger on ambush. I have near 100% piercing with passives, quiver and support- the build is designed for maximum AOE destruction. I have to say I'm dissapointed.

VBA's advantage is a large overlapping AOE- extremely deadly with LMP and Pierce. Fair enough, and it did in fact destroy entire screens of monsters when I used it. The problem is that I already do that with normal skills- LA or Ice Shot both destroy swaths of monsters in 2-3 volleys with their overlapping AOE. These skills don't require a charge up and are just as deadly.

Sure, VBA has a higher AOE radius and higher %phys increase, but the difference accounts for a single attack at most - on my character at present, that's about .96 seconds. By this time (1-2 VBA volleys, 2-3 LA volleys. This goes up to 3-4 by Merciless) everything in my line of fire is dead with either skill. On bosses with huge HP pools, where the damage bonus would be valuable, it's impossible to recharge the gem, which negates it's raw damage advantage. This gem is in no way worth the slots or charge up time.

Couldn't agree more, i watched Raiz Streaming his Ball Lightning + Vaal Storm call the other day.
Vaal storm call is what more vaal skills should look like, its pure additional damage while you spam your main skill,similar as Vaal Spark
One more great Vaal skill is Vaal power Siphon ,I can't but smile every time i use it, make more Vaal skills like those.
IGN: InvestmentBankerMidget
Time Zone GMT+2
vaal BA was great when u could LMP and both the main hit AND explosion
would shotgun but w no more proj shotgunning, literally
LA+WED+LMP is as good or better than vaal BA+WED+LMP.
The Projectiles never shotgunned, it's not a Spell. 2.0 didn't change a thing for Vaal Burning Arrow.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The Projectiles never shotgunned, it's not a Spell. 2.0 didn't change a thing for Vaal Burning Arrow.

I wish you quys would just make an explosive arrow skill gem, that works exactly like vaal burning arrow, but isn't limited by souls..

I love the idea, i would love to play the current explosive arrow thing but the delay annoys me to do end.

Just give me an explosve arrow D2 style skill :3
I'm trying to run a VBA build nowadays, with a Deadeye ranger.

Honestly, this skill is really laggy, it's almost freezing my screen every single time I use it.
And the plan of my build is to spam it...

Why is this skill so laggy when nothing complicated for calculation seems to be in ? with the exception of overlapping AoE if playing additional projectiles...

BR,
Please post new feedback for this skill gem here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2160149
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info