Vaal Burning Arrow

"
siebe wrote:
i'm making a PHY crit pierce ranger

using :frenzy , plit arrow pierce and vaal burning arrow

for now level 50 shadow
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4FtQ-rFfAZihn-Go8bAR4aIuok_SaVKlstgzBxMgE6WFVLX-FrJG1sbXt31IbOhxmMNpXplwabJpu1oSKhpKJAp9SxMLIZtUjEosaizerPetIZ1CPVANbR3BXdqOHb51To1usU8EL0-Pba-Vb7Cf7I_5M=

wow factor 10
just amazing utility :)

Good stuff mate
SSF since ~OB
i try Concentrated Effect
made the explosions smaller , but didnt give me any damage back ?
Tested this out on a new phys archer ranger on ambush. I have near 100% piercing with passives, quiver and support- the build is designed for maximum AOE destruction. I have to say I'm dissapointed.

VBA's advantage is a large overlapping AOE- extremely deadly with LMP and Pierce. Fair enough, and it did in fact destroy entire screens of monsters when I used it. The problem is that I already do that with normal skills- LA or Ice Shot both destroy swaths of monsters in 2-3 volleys with their overlapping AOE. These skills don't require a charge up and are just as deadly.

Sure, VBA has a higher AOE radius and higher %phys increase, but the difference accounts for a single attack at most - on my character at present, that's about .96 seconds. By this time (1-2 VBA volleys, 2-3 LA volleys. This goes up to 3-4 by Merciless) everything in my line of fire is dead with either skill. On bosses with huge HP pools, where the damage bonus would be valuable, it's impossible to recharge the gem, which negates it's raw damage advantage. This gem is in no way worth the slots or charge up time.
Last edited by Rhyse on Mar 14, 2014, 8:04:38 PM
I love them gem in normal so far. I kill 12 enemies with the normal burning arrow to charge up the first use, then using it for the first pack with LMP - boom! Remaining damaged enemies get killed easily with the single-target ability.

Just killed the weaver during "sharp and cruel" quest. I noticed that the spiders summoned by the weaver don't increase the soul count. The zombies summoned by Alira do. Is this intended?

Maybe this counts for every vaal gem - i dont have another to test this.

EDIT: It seems that skeletons or zombies revived by necromants dont increase the sould count, too.
Last edited by JP_dev on Mar 15, 2014, 6:20:22 PM
"

Just killed the weaver during "sharp and cruel" quest. I noticed that the spiders summoned by the weaver don't increase the soul count. The zombies summoned by Alira do. Is this intended?

Maybe this counts for every vaal gem - i dont have another to test this.

EDIT: It seems that skeletons or zombies revived by necromants dont increase the sould count, too.

Yea Vaal Oversoul summons, Dominus summons, etc. none give souls (I think this should be changed esp for boss fights). Didn't know about Alira zombies... interesting!
SSF since ~OB
Alira actually only detonates corpses then a normal zombie appears from the couldrun.
The weaver and vaal oversoul minions are summoned. I cant tell if dominus zombies are actual zombies or made from thos slots.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
Alira actually only detonates corpses then a normal zombie appears from the couldrun.
The weaver and vaal oversoul minions are summoned. I cant tell if dominus zombies are actual zombies or made from thos slots.

Good point.

And Dominus zombies/miscreations come from that device in the top left of the tower.
SSF since ~OB
I have an empty pair of GGRB gloves with my phys crit ranger and I've been trying
some different combos.

Ele prolif + inc burning seems to do quite great damage but since I have high crit chance and
multi I really don't know how powerful that combo is.
To crit or not to crit ?
"
stonespeak wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

Good point.

And Dominus zombies/miscreations come from that device in the top left of the tower.

I don't see why there should be any difference - summoned or not, you have to kill them anyway. Summoning a creature should bind a soul or at least some soullike energy from somewhere in the universe in it :)
This is a good Vaal skill. Good Vaal skills do one of two things: either help deal with powerful threats by killing them quickly, or help deal with them by providing some form of defense or utility. This definitely doesn't provide utility, but it reliably ignites monsters and has good single-target.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info