Vaal Arc

Just came in to say that I have a pure arc build and vaal arc is a complete waste of a gem slot. Its not even mildly entertaining anymore. I literally feel unsafer using it. Spamming my main skill is actually more powerful and safer than taking the time to stop and fire that one thing.
Standard Forever
I find this to be hilarious fun, but not all that practical. It is at its best against genuinely dangerous blue packs or at strongboxes (when they return), and at its worst against ele reflect packs, packs with a Corrupting Blood rare, and single powerful mobs.

If you are getting overwhelmed by trash at any time, Vaal Arc will always save you, but so would Vaal Summon Skeletons.

That said, if you have never set this off - get one and use it in Docks sometime. It is fun.
Le Toucan Will Return
It's been more than a year since the last post in this section, and very little has changed for this forgotten vaal gem. Here some mechanincs' interactions different from the past: Herald of thunder is always triggered by Vaal Arc; the introduction of Innervate has created a free way to get the onslaught buff through Vaal Arc; elemental reflect has become easier to deal with; Elemental Proliferation has been killed by balance changes. Two common features of Arc casters are that they scale their damage through cast speed and that they struggle with single target. Vaal Arc doesn't benefit from cast speed and works well only against large packs. I would like to see Vaal Arc becoming a viable option for casters against bosses, because in its current status is very disappointing.
"
ammenz wrote:
Two common features of Arc casters are that they scale their damage through cast speed and that they struggle with single target. Vaal Arc doesn't benefit from cast speed and works well only against large packs. I would like to see Vaal Arc becoming a viable option for casters against bosses, because in its current status is very disappointing.

Why should Vaal Arc become a bosskiller? Vaal Skills aren't designed to complement their non-Vaal variant, they're designed as a more potent version of said Skill; Vaal Arc does just that. If you want something to help kill bosses, grab Vaal Storm Call.
Vaal arc was made when you attack it to prolif and shock stack the entire screen.

I propose that is this gem has nothing else it could be given that gimmick back. That shocks dealt with Vaal Arc are at 60% effectiveness but can be stacked 3 times.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
Does anyone use this skill?
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Please post new feedback for this skill gem here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2160123
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info