Vaal Arc

Life on hit would be the solution here - it's instant. Even more with a Vaal Sparc with LMP or even GMP - 450 Bolts of (reflecting) doom.
Yep, that Attack-exclusive modifier sure would be handy :P
(only the Cybil's Paw Unique grants LGoH for Spells)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 19, 2014, 12:15:00 PM
pretty sure "life on hit" is only on physical hits, not spells

"life leech" would work if you take the node that applies life leech instantly at 40% effectiveness (can't remember what it is called)
"
stewartc007 wrote:
pretty sure "life on hit" is only on physical hits, not spells

"life leech" would work if you take the node that applies life leech instantly at 40% effectiveness (can't remember what it is called)

Bit late - Vipermagi answered him ages ago already!

Life on Hit applies on Attacks (not "physical hits" - they can be Elemental too), and yeah, Spells are not Attacks.

The skill tree node you were thinking of is Vaal Pact.
This is a bad Vaal skill. Good Vaal skills do one of two things: either help deal with powerful threats by killing them quickly, or help deal with them by providing some form of defense or utility. This does neither. It's useless against powerful threats unless there happens to be a lot of rather strong monsters around; even a decent clump of weak monsters will quickly get chained to death. It says it chains 40 times, but in practice it's never that much.

I think the best way to fix it would be to redesign the skill as essentially replicating the Static Shrine effect.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I think the best way to fix it would be to redesign the skill as essentially replicating the Static Shrine effect.
isn't vaal light strike doing this?
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
isn't vaal light strike doing this?
On a monster, not on you. And only until it dies. Both could use a redesign.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Isn't the real use of this skill to quickly add shock stacks and then hit with another powerful spell or attack?

Haven't tried it yet but it looks like it should work.
This one's DoA.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
To "fix" Vaal Arc I think you should increase the aoe in which it can detect and chain to.
The problem with it right now is that it usually stops way before it uses all the chains it has.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info