Vaal Arc

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 10:59:47 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 11:00:07 PM
SSF since ~OB
32 souls is really too many... Hard to use because of that in my opinion...
And considering it rises to 64 on Merciless, it's fucking useless.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Vaal Arc being at the top of the Vaal list, I think this is as good as any to express my concern.

Many Vaal gems suffer from a contradictory issue with the type of bonus they have. That is, the requirement of killing a vast majority of monsters to gain access to a massive AoE spell.
Oh hey, I can use this amazing AoE clearing ability now AFTER I cleared all the monsters I could have used it on...

I feel all AoE bonuses should be adjusted to compliment the "soul collecting" nature of Vaal Gems.

Take Vaal Molten Shell for example:
Molten Shell offers a no-dmg threshold, for insane amounts of damage that can be used to destroy a boss. It is easy to use and makes a player actually feel like they are blessed(corrupted?) by Vaal's power and it is wonderful!

Vaal Gems should, to an extent proportional to their cost (charge requirements), feel overpowered.
Right now, with the exception of Vaal Molten Shell, Vaal gems feel lackluster and lack cost effectiveness.

Example: If Vaal Arc had a "Can chain back to previously hit targets" mod - That would make it perfect, even if you nerfed the additional chains down from 40.
Casual Alt-Life is best Life.

Gen 1: Spectre Necromancer, Caustic Trapper, Righteous Incinerator, 3Dragons Deadeye, Elemental Raider
Gen 2: Flicker Blade Vortexer, Perandus Hierophant, Iron Commander, Poison Flurrier
Gen 3: Cycloning Slayer, Berserker Witherstormer, LL SRS Auramancer.
Last edited by JunBerry on Mar 11, 2014, 4:00:17 AM
"
Example: If Vaal Arc had a "Can chain back to previously hit targets" mod - That would make it perfect, even if you nerfed the additional chains down from 40.

Nothing stopping it from chaining back to previous targets..

I think the biggest downside to Vaal Arc, is Ele Reflect, since it Chains 40 times, it could potentially instagib yourself. Unlike Vaal Ice Nova, which I believe behaves similarly to Shrines, in that it makes the mob itself cast the Ice Nova when hit, making you in the clear vs Reflect..
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
"

Nothing stopping it from chaining back to previous targets..

I think the biggest downside to Vaal Arc, is Ele Reflect, since it Chains 40 times, it could potentially instagib yourself. Unlike Vaal Ice Nova, which I believe behaves similarly to Shrines, in that it makes the mob itself cast the Ice Nova when hit, making you in the clear vs Reflect..

Ah, okay. Thanks for informing me.
I suppose I'll chalk that up to returning arcs being difficult to discern amongst all the flashy particles.
Casual Alt-Life is best Life.

Gen 1: Spectre Necromancer, Caustic Trapper, Righteous Incinerator, 3Dragons Deadeye, Elemental Raider
Gen 2: Flicker Blade Vortexer, Perandus Hierophant, Iron Commander, Poison Flurrier
Gen 3: Cycloning Slayer, Berserker Witherstormer, LL SRS Auramancer.
Last edited by JunBerry on Mar 11, 2014, 10:58:02 PM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

But life leech would help though right? least that how I dealt with flameblast and EL-reflect.
SSF since ~OB
very unlikely since lifeleech only provides an extended life regeneration. and i am pretty certain that you cannot counter the reflect with life on hit.
"
Pendulu wrote:
very unlikely since lifeleech only provides an extended life regeneration.

Whiiich is pretty good when you're taking 40 Reflect hits over the course of like six seconds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info