[0.10.4b] Bow Marauder (The Shocker (tm)) [**TO BE UPDATED SOON 1.0.0**]

Hello, iam using a slightly adjusted version of this build for HC at this moment.
Very well build and high survivability!

Now iam trying to boost my damage some more but i think they only way is to add elemental dmg (lightning fire cold) to my bow.

Can u confirm that's the case before i spend lots of currancy in order to obtain it?
Spoiler

At this point i deal arround 400dps in cruel act 3 i have to shoot 4 LA in order to kill most mobs (blues a bit more.. depend of suffix) my gear is mostly ress + life in order to stay allive i try to keep high res as possible. But at this point i feel like that's not enoug and i need to wipe mobs faster :D
Last edited by qliratu on Feb 4, 2013, 6:24:47 AM
So I switched to this build today since I got tired of melee. My Lightning Arrow DPS is pitiful for merciless, so I'll need to stack a lot of elemental damage across my gear ASAP. I just wanted to get your opinion on my bow - I should just reroll/re-link this until it gets the GG stats and links, right?

P.S. Also - this quiver should be decent, right?

I have issues with dexterity... I cant get dex via passive tree. What to do?
My killing speed very low ;(
My advice would be not to bother crafting gear before you get to a high level endgame. Rather use the currency to buy a good bow from someone. Use the trade chat, check the forum trade section.

If you need more Dex, get a Light Quiver, a Dex amulet. There are two big +30 Dex nodes near the build path; I've no idea why you can't take them. Adapt to the situation, use Ground Slam if it will yield better results, then switch back to bow after you ironed out the flaws in the items.

The point of this game is to be adaptive to the environment you are playing in. Being open minded helps a Lot. Don't limit yourself; capitalize on your potential strengths and work on fixing the weaknesses.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
hi Venator

several questions

1. do you think this build falls off late game (such as in merciless or end game) comparing to pure physical damage?

2. what is this build's advantage over a ranger start if its bower?

3. what is the skill setup for you currently? it seems to me that you are using
1. split arrow + weapon ele + fork + ???
2. elemental hit + weapon ele + faster attacks + life leech

so there leaves 6 skill slot? are you going anger, wrath, frenzy and what else?

Thank you for sharing this build btw!
also what do you think about elemental proliferation?
will it increase dps a lot as once you shock one enermy others will also be shocked
"
rogerkitkit wrote:
hi Venator

several questions

1. do you think this build falls off late game (such as in merciless or end game) comparing to pure physical damage?

2. what is this build's advantage over a ranger start if its bower?

3. what is the skill setup for you currently? it seems to me that you are using
1. split arrow + weapon ele + fork + ???
2. elemental hit + weapon ele + faster attacks + life leech

so there leaves 6 skill slot? are you going anger, wrath, frenzy and what else?

Thank you for sharing this build btw!

i can maybe help answer some

1. im finding i am much more powerful in merciless atm than with my physical ranger and i feel pretty comfortable right now end of act 2 merciless
2. mara start is closer to some great nodes (static blows, resolute technique, etc.)
3. i use la+lmp+eledmg+lifeonhit and elementalhit+eledmg+lifeleech+fasterattacks

for skill bar thing I use currently blood rage, anger, conductivity, wrath, grace

hope that helps until he can answer for himself
i dont like split arrows. you have to have your mouse pointer behind the zoo to get a tight arc.
i like clicking on the monster instead of empty air way behind the monster. its more fun.
i wished the game implemented auto arc sizing where the arc narrows depending on the width of the zoo in front of you.

1) What gem combos with LA if i dont have chain?

2) as for boss killer, what to use if i dont have elemental hit or frenzy?
Ice shot? (poison arrow doesnt do much dmg)

3) if i'm using frenzy, does it make sense to get the +1 frenzy charge node?
or just wait till i find/trade for elemental hit and save that skill point?
Last edited by Pi314 on Feb 4, 2013, 6:43:45 PM
"
Pi314 wrote:
i dont like split arrows. you have to have your mouse pointer behind the zoo to get a tight arc.
i like clicking on the monster instead of empty air way behind the monster. its more fun.
i wished the game implemented auto arc sizing where the arc narrows depending on the width of the zoo in front of you.

1) What gem combos with LA if i dont have chain?

2) as for boss killer, what to use if i dont have elemental hit or frenzy?
Ice shot? (poison arrow doesnt do much dmg)

3) if i'm using frenzy, does it make sense to get the +1 frenzy charge node?
or just wait till i find/trade for elemental hit and save that skill point?

1) Fork
2) Ice Shot
3) Well each additional Frenzy Charge gives you +5% attack speed. Generally it is worth it, but not quite if you need to invest more than 1 point in it (unless you are using the Frenzy Charge node to travel across to another part of the tree, in which case it's a bonus). 1 point = 5% attack speed is a good trade.
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.
Question how are you suppose to keep your dexterity up so that we can use bows.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info