Path of Exile: Sacrifice of the Vaal Full Information

"
Hrishi wrote:
Would it be possible to get a confirmation if we can use an eternal orb before trying to corrupt high end gear? I think this is fairly important as without being able to do so, I don't think I would ever risk top tier gear to possibly being rerolled by vaal orbs.

I don't have a link to the exact video.. watched so many today.. I think it was in the 30 minute gamespot video.. Chris confirmed that corrupt cannot be undone with eternal orbs.

He said in many videos that he and the devs don't envision people using the vaal orbs on top tier gear.. mostly used on near top tier by people that want to gamble.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
Last edited by Panda413 on Feb 28, 2014, 9:21:15 PM
Any news on the skill tree update and balance in general?
"
Every type of secret corrupted area and almost every monster type in the Invasion league required a unique-rarity monster to be created.

Wait, does this mean that there are Invasion-only unique monsters? From the videos, it sounded like only base uniques and corrupted area SotV uniques were the ones that randomly spawned.
sooo cool. you guys are too humble calling this a "mini" expansion. looks like a ton of work went into it. can't wait to play.
i <3 minesweeper
I see two things that could really, really impact people still out there, with no mention: the Skill Tree and IIQ. Everybody needs a skill tree, and the latter is used very heavily in mapping. What's the scoop on these?

The Vaal orbs could have impacted me, but I probably won't use them often because of the tradeoff. Most likely, I'll just use them on skill gems--those are replaceable, albeit with a lot of time and effort, and a level 21 discharge would be amazingly nice. 6-link items, high-end rares, and legacy uniques, on the other hand...yeah, not risking it.

I like the new areas and new bosses. Thanks! It adds some nice variety. And thanks for giving the scoop on the new leagues and PVP, although I probably won't use those.

Overall, solid, and I'll enjoy it, but I'm not lusting for it now that I know about the Vaal orb mechanics. However, a satisfactory skill tree and a positive mention of IIQ would probably make me feel confident enough to upgrade my supporter pack.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
"
While corrupting an item .. prevents later modification to the item (corrupted items cannot have further currency applied to them).

Which of these is true? The former allowed using Mirrors/possibly Eternal imprints, the latter definitely doesn't.
"
Panda413 wrote:
"
Hrishi wrote:
Would it be possible to get a confirmation if we can use an eternal orb before trying to corrupt high end gear? I think this is fairly important as without being able to do so, I don't think I would ever risk top tier gear to possibly being rerolled by vaal orbs.

I don't have a link to the exact video.. watched so many today.. I think it was in the 30 minute gamespot video.. Chris confirmed that corrupt cannot be undone with eternal orbs.

He said in many videos that he and the devs don't envision people using the vaal orbs on top tier gear.. mostly used on near top tier by people that want to gamble.

I remember the video you are talking about, but if I remember correctly he only said that you couldn't use more Vaal orbs to remove corruption or something like that? I was actually hoping the interviewer would ask about eternal orbs but he didn't. :(
SO will cut throat league be permanent?

Also Free for all sarn PVP, will it have perma death in HC?

please clarify
Ok, I may have missed this but will the leagues start with release of the expansion or will they start a few days later?
"
nheowitzki wrote:
Eternal orb prices just skyrocketed.

No, they can't be used to undo corruption.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info