[1.3] Sidra's Necromancing Ranger of Chaos (Poison Arrow) Videos/Atziri capable

Hi Asidra. Just a math question. Are you sure you should be including the tooltip dps in your cloud calculations? My impression was that was only the dps for the on hit of the projectile, and that the cloud damage is only the chaos dot number.
When I say tooltip - I am referring to the tooltip's display of the cloud damage over time not the on hit dps. I never refer to on hit anything with this build because it is always irrelevant.

In that image, it's the 11,339.8. And it is needed to calculate your clouds real DPS as per my example in the main post. Basically, we agree - I just don't think you realized the number you were referring to and what I call the tooltip is the same thing.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Sep 9, 2014, 3:35:10 PM
"
Asidra wrote:
When I say tooltip - I am referring to the tooltip's display of the cloud damage over time not the on hit dps. I never refer to on hit anything with this build because it is always irrelevant.

In that image, it's the 11,339.8. And it is needed to calculate your clouds real DPS as per my example in the main post. Basically, we agree - I just don't think you realized the number you were referring to and what I call the tooltip is the same thing.

Ah yes, so we do. Thanks for the clear up. That makes me feel better about the potential dps of this build.
"
Asidra wrote:
"
NBPisPro wrote:
Hello Asidra,

I am currently lvl 53 and enjoying the build very much, although i do have a few wonderings i would like to share with you.

A) Why not use Voltaxic rift bow? - Is it that crucial that you use a +1/+2 gem bow?

B) Why do you take evasion rating instead of grabbing iron reflexes? - Is it to make sure that your mana stays efficient?

I hope you can enlighten me a bit.

Voltaxic would be awful for the build - not even sure why you would want to use it. The single biggest factor in your cloud's damage is gem level. So a plus level bow helps poison arrow, volt does not. I could care less about any on hit damage as I generally shoot the ground for optimal cloud placement. But the point really is + levels are better than anything else that exists on any bows in the game in terms of scaling Poison Arrow's damage. I'd take a bow that does 0 damage it's irrelevant as the build uses the Cloud to kill everything which is 100% independent of any on hit damage.

In terms of Evasion versus IR, I simply prefer the Evasion/Ondar's combo to the 7 or 8k Armor I'd have with IR. But it's just preference the build could probably work with IR. Since you are asking, is there a reason you prefer Iron Reflexes to Evasion?

Glad you are enjoying the build ^.^

Thanks for the quick reply :>

I see your point in the cloud dmg and therefore the importence of a +gem bow. The reason i prefered IR over evasion is that evasion is unpredictable. It's great not to get hit a lot, but when you do, your physical dmg reduction is small, since your gear is evasion. With IR i just feel that i can't get oneshot in one big physical hit, like i can with evasion. I guess that's why you got MoM, to help tank the damage, but even so i find it kinda risky?
Hey, the build is working good so far, although I'm baffled as to where do you get 250 mana regen/s. I Got Atziri's foible, my mana is 1.7k with EB and I have 75 mana regen/s which is kinda bad, cause when I get hit my mana drops instantly and I don't have enough to cast Poison arrow. Having huge survivibility issues tbh, but the dps is pretty good.

I'm level 62, any suggestions?
Last edited by outerworld on Sep 10, 2014, 7:10:57 AM
Thanks for the quick reply :>

I see your point in the cloud dmg and therefore the importence of a +gem bow. The reason i prefered IR over evasion is that evasion is unpredictable. It's great not to get hit a lot, but when you do, your physical dmg reduction is small, since your gear is evasion. With IR i just feel that i can't get oneshot in one big physical hit, like i can with evasion. I guess that's why you got MoM, to help tank the damage, but even so i find it kinda risky?

The build is very safe. I can't even remember the last time I have died - we are talking hundreds of 78 maps and I don't think I have died since sometime in my 80s. Even my my first stroll to and through Atziri was deathless. You gotta remember, the Evasion and Ondars combo makes you basically immune to ranged and with MoM I have like 6500 effective HP - and when I do get hit AA gives me a bit of a reduction. People are also playing this successfully on Beyond - short of something like an Aegis tank I'd have to say this is one of the safest builds out there.

Hey, the build is working good so far, although I'm baffled as to where do you get 250 mana regen/s. I Got Atziri's foible, my mana is 1.7k with EB and I have 75 mana regen/s which is kinda bad, cause when I get hit my mana drops instantly and I don't have enough to cast Poison arrow. Having huge survivibility issues tbh, but the dps is pretty good.

My mana is 2953, so somehow I have managed to get over 1200 more mana than you. My guess is level has something to do with it, but that's still a lot. Mind posting your gears and tree? My guess is you aren't fully taking advantage of EB with ES on gear, and are lacking nice mana regen rolls on rings. But I will have to see to diagnose for sure.

Also - are you keeping Zombies up all of the time, and Skeletons in sticky situations?They are a large part of the safety of the build. Something isn't going right if you are dying a lot. How much hp and unreserved mana do you have?
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Hey thanks for the quick reply. I thought I've read somewherre your mana is 1.5k, but you might have referred to your unreserved pool.

My gear:
Spoiler

To be honest, zombies die so fast that I rarely re-summon them. WHen there's a bigger fight I use my spell totem + summon skeletons, which oddly enough works fine for my fireball witch, but with this ranger it rarely aggroes enemies - they still run after me even tho there's skellies swarming everywhere.

My tree atm: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgYjBx4ILgj0DkgPqxGWFHUWvxjbGYoZjh9BJJ0mlS2DNj09X0kTSVFSU1KvUzVW-mHiYlpirGf8akNrF2yMbRltbHTxdoJ9dX_Ggh6FMongj_qTH5UglS6XBpeVl_SbjZu1naqio6iiqvitSrTRtUi7TbvjvOrAVMHYwfPDOsSiyAzLvdDQ037bC91f44TmWOaB7YPuDu968NX22vsJ_ro=
Last edited by outerworld on Sep 10, 2014, 7:39:41 AM
Yes - 1.5k is my unreserved, which also makes it part of my life pool because of MoM. But mana regen is based on your overall mana, which is 2,953 for me.

Ok...

1.) Make each piece of your gear at least 4L, and then make everything level 20. You are too high of a level now to not be fully linked and qualitied. This will also have the added benefit of giving you more defenses, and more Mana.

2.) You really should be using zombies and get them in your helmet - and be sure to link with at least Minion Life. They are great blockers up until bosses at which point skelly totems is better.

3.) Look to replace your Gale Spiral Ring. Ideally you want HP, Mana, Mana Regen, and resists. That has only resists.

4.) ONDARS!!! a huge part of the builds defense is missing and is the first keytstone I would get playing the build.

Tree is solid - just stay the course. From a priority perspective, I would take Charisma and then ColdHearted Calculation as your next two. But then you need to get Ondars. Id stay in Docks until you have these all. And then work on HP.

The combination of qualitied gear increasing ES which increases mana, a better ring, and those two nodes will go a long way to helping you solve your problems.

Lastly - oh man why did you corrupt a level 1 empower :(. Now it will get to 2 and stop.

Last edited by Asidra on Sep 10, 2014, 8:24:05 AM
Again, thanks for the insightful reply.

I'm fairly new to PoE so I sitll don't know how end-game looks like exactly. I still consider most of my gear pieces to be leveling gear, and whenever I look for an upgrade - items that have all I need are way outside of my budget so I'm mostly using what I find along the way. I bought that corrupted empower, cause it was a lot cheaper than normal ones hehe. I hope that at some point after a lucky drop I will be able to buy a fully-leveled one.

Yeah I guess docks all the way. The clear speed is insane, even in party so I'm gonna try and level to 70 and then look for some gear upgrades and make them 20 quality. I'll get back here to report!

Thanks again!
Honestly man - you gear isn't too bad. I've seen people post way worse stuff in here. Other than that ring, I wouldn't worry about upgrading the pieces - seriously just link em up and quality them. Going from none qualitied to all qualitied, it will make a hug difference. Get like 68 or 69 in docks with getting those things next in the tree I recommended, link and quality what you got (scraps are so cheap no reason not to do this anyway), and you'd be okay to start mapping. You really need Reduced Mana > Clarity > Grace linked - this will help your unreserved mana a ton.

Then maybe as you get up towards 80 you can look into upgrades - 1 piece at a time.

Last edited by Asidra on Sep 10, 2014, 8:47:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info