[1.3] Sidra's Necromancing Ranger of Chaos (Poison Arrow) Videos/Atziri capable

As someone who mostly plays bow users or summoners on pretty much any game, this build sounds goood.

Was wandering though, is the dmg low in group play? Particularly at the lower price range before empower and with a +2 bow instead of +2/+1 and ofcourse without drillneck being available in other leagues.

Can see why fire trap took the place of desecrate, shame though because the synergy of never ending minions does sound good lol.

His group DPS is pretty sick, especially if the party has builds that synergize well. (Another DoT, curses, shock stacking, etc.) We got ambushed by 3 rogues and a double boss all in the same screen yesterday and hit and run everything to death. It was awesome.
Last edited by feyith on Jul 27, 2014, 7:22:37 PM
"
ohnoyoudidnt wrote:
As someone who mostly plays bow users or summoners on pretty much any game, this build sounds goood.

Was wandering though, is the dmg low in group play? Particularly at the lower price range before empower and with a +2 bow instead of +2/+1 and ofcourse without drillneck being available in other leagues.

Can see why fire trap took the place of desecrate, shame though because the synergy of never ending minions does sound good lol.

At the highest level Maps - 78 Maps 6 person party - it holds it's own. It can't carry a 6 person, but it does it's fair share and people will drop "wow" comments as they aren't used to seeing mob HP drop so fast in poison. The exception if you get stuck alone with a Chaos Resistant mob - your boned.

Now, if you drop down a level - say 3 person party, 74-76 Maps. It can actually carry it if it had to.

Technically, I could push DPS further - 2x Le Heup, a tree modification to lose a bit of defenses for more Projectile damage. But I can't even remember the last thing that killed me it's been so long and I am 10% from 95. I am happy enough with current damage output there is no reason to drop defenses. I don't die and I'd like to keep it that way.

And not having Desecrate doesn't really impact Zombie production - there are still plenty of Corpses to be had.

Also - Drillneck is going to be permanent, and Rearguard also adds damage while giving more defenses. But I wore just a defensive quiver for a long time, so it works.

As long as you aren't gimped - say a 5L instead of a 6L, level 2 or 3 empower but not 4, an up to date poison arrow, a +2 bow instead of +2/+1 - your damage output will be fine in just about any situation you put yourself in.

I downed Atziri with a 5L and level 3 Empower. My last few additions have really just been twinking, not really necessary. I was doing everything pretty well before them, too. Take a peek at the Academy video - it was before a lot of upgrades you see now, Drillneck included.

And Feyith - that was fun as hell. And I just downed a double 78 Dom - wish you'd have been there. Ima have to roll another one for us.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Jul 27, 2014, 9:42:04 PM
the only thing that´s annoying are those damn totems :-/
"
Asidra wrote:

Ok I'm sold, will be trying this build out. Thanks
"
gloobonious wrote:
the only thing that´s annoying are those damn totems :-/

That was the prime reason I swapped out Desecrate for Fire Trap. Ideally, I'd equip

in my offslot with my FIre Trap links, while keeping an Empowered Desecrate in my Carcass 5L. That way, I'd have access to all 3, and it would prolly take 1-2 traps to kill a totem instead of 3. But I use my off weapon for gem leveling to make money so instead this just sits in my stash.

Just dinged 95, and was debating between 4% more Area, or 8% more mana - and went with the area, for now.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Jul 28, 2014, 6:02:38 PM
You're leveling like crazy with this ranger ^^.

Meanwhile, mine has made 88-90 since the end of Domination :s. But I haven't played her seriously during this league period.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jul 28, 2014, 7:07:40 PM
I didn't level much at all for about a month and a half...I spent almost all of my time farming Midnights and Atziri to make money. But now that I have basically gotten everything I wanted to buy with enough extra so I don't feel broke, I've been ready to grind again and on a tear. And this guy is such a smooth leveler it's not even funny. No reflect or corrupting blood to watch out for. Basically 1 shot and then move forward to next pack as stuff dies. Literally the only annoying thing is hearing that currency drop ding behind me and having to run back to pick up loot. It's been through so many maps now, I basically know how many arrow durations I need to kill each 76-78 boss...so I just count as I keep away. I can sit here with a beer, barely pay attention and tear through 76-78 whatever rolled maps while never dying. I love it - and I'm not done leveling.

Last edited by Asidra on Jul 28, 2014, 7:02:42 PM
i won't comment the part "cheap to play" when i can see your gears, but how projectile damage helps on poison arrow? it would apply to the hits, not the chaos dot clouds, which it low dmg stats bow seems useless or i wrong?
Proof:

Ranger lvl 3, poison arrow lvl 1. Tree is attack speed and accuracy node:

(click to enlarge)

At lvl 4 with the first projectile damage node, you can see the DoT damage as increased, by more than 8% btw:

Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info