PewPewPews Official Build Topic

"
So the Incinerate build is dead with the changes to Leech, I would imagine?

The nerf to Saffell's Frame and the moving of Elemental Adaption also weaken it, at least in the new leagues. Shame. I leveled one up over the weekend to see how it plays, and it was surprisingly fun. Naturally gets nerfed.

So, it'll be a summoner again, or maybe dual flame totem, or 1H/ele ST, but the latter is expensive and the middle one I have no idea how well it does 72+ maps. Summoner is what I played last season.
Oh yeah. Triple nerfed build.

It would play like shit now. Instant suicide. Thanks Mark_GGG!

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I like the stat cards things you've done for these, very nice. Also your incinerate build sounds very fun, so I'm going to ruin it forever for everyone.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
I wouldn't call it dead. It's a long way from being dead. At least, if what I think is true.

- The change of elemental Adaptation is good, we are all over the witch and Templar side, so I imagine it saves us around 4 points to spend on other sides in the tree.
- The weakened starting points of the scion area will hurt us, if they are quite severe. In that case, I will most likely roll as a witch. Scion will always be a valid option, but she might be just a little less weaker then the witch(or not, all depends on the changes).
- The nerf in Saffells Frame basically means we take approx. 5% extra elemental damage. And since we were almost immortal against elemental damage(if it's not min max, it won't kill us)... I honestly couldn't care less. And less block? We lose around 5% I believe. Still not a problem since we don't really need to block that much.
- The leech life matter won't be a problem to us if I understand it right. The only thing that will change, is that once we stop casting Incinerate, we stop leeching. Once we start casting Incinerate, we start leeching. The only times we stop casting incinerate is when we have everything killed, or when we are frozen. Unless insane mods, I never get frozen for longer then a split of a second, so being frozen won't hurt us too much.
Oh right. We will have a harder time trying to run away. If you stop casting, and try to teleport out of a group, you won't get any leech, and most likely die faster then you would before. So, I guess that's a downside - but good judgement should avoid those situations, so I guess that's just fair.

Though, these are just speculations, but if I'm right, the nerf won't be too hard on the incinerate build.

On the other side, Detonate Dead will most likely be insanely strong, even in maps. So we got that to look forward to :P
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
So with the release of the new tree, I can say a few things:
- Say what you want, but my incinerate build is going to be even stronger and tankier. What I read about life leech, it should not affect the build at all.
- Detonate dead, will also be far stronger - and will most likely follow the RT path downward, most likely picking RT up, making ele reflect maps save to handle. Might make the switch from saffell's to the Rise of the Phoenix.
- Flicker strike: ... Except a mara FS coming, soon :>
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Dear ladies and gents, my incinerate build is updated for the 1.1.1 release!

I have a few things I'd like to do coming days. First off all, I am planning to fully update the DD build(finally). Just like the incinerate guide, I plan to drop Saffell's from the core gear part, and change it for a random rare. I already got a tree in mind(see topic), still need to test it fully though.

And I plan to work out the LS build. Right now, it's still being leveled, but it looks promising :)

Ah... And this might be the new tree for my cheap flicker striker. Can't say too much about it yet. I just hope this will work out in the end :x
I am a nice guy.
"
Dear ladies and gents, my incinerate build is updated for the 1.1.1 release!

I have a few things I'd like to do coming days. First off all, I am planning to fully update the DD build(finally). Just like the incinerate guide, I plan to drop Saffell's from the core gear part, and change it for a random rare. I already got a tree in mind(see topic), still need to test it fully though.

And I plan to work out the LS build. Right now, it's still being leveled, but it looks promising :)

Ah... And this might be the new tree for my cheap flicker striker. Can't say too much about it yet. I just hope this will work out in the end :x

I'm interested to see how you handle DD's damage, I build a build specifically for DD based off of your DD build with tons of fire and ele damage nodes but ended up using flame-blast because in the end i was having to blow up 3-4 corpses to kill blue mobs, more for rares. White mobs still don't die in 1 hit unless I ignite them :/

Plus with concentrated effect, even with all AoE nodes on the tree, I still wouldn't hit mobs unless they were practically on top of the corpse
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
I went with your cheap flicker build at the start of Ambush as a cheap build to make from starting with nothing. After trying the dual wield in the original thread with the new tree, I was a little disappointed and came to the decision to respec and go with a two-handed sword instead. It has worked well for me. All my gear and gems have been self found with the exception of Blood Dance, which was cheap enough to buy even just a couple days into the league.

My tree looks similar to your new tree. in comparison yours is probably a bit better/efficient than mine, though with some notable differences, and I'll be taking a couple changes into consideration, especially since I've now begun to find better gear. I am level 78 at the moment and have been doing fine on maps (as long as I am paying attention and not being dumb) and overall have been happy with the build.

My tree:
Last edited by semioldguy on Mar 26, 2014, 1:41:02 PM
With the complete update of my incinerate guide, it's official. I'm back! I plan on updating the DD guide coming days(finally). Most likely tomorrow already.

Even though I've been gone for a while, I did mess around with a few builds. Two already proved very effective during the one month league, and the other one... well, I already teased it ages ago. Let's go over them real quick.

Flame Trap + Flame Surge
Fire Trap and Surge Traps. Throw the Fire Traps to get the burning going, and the Surge traps to finish off those pesky bosses.

A very effective build, far more effective than I'd imagine it'd be. Especially since it's using only cheap uniques and mediocre rares. The survivability comes from the fact that everything is dead before it can touch you. If they don't die by the burn, they will die to the high damage from flame surge.

This might be the cheapest build I've set up so far. The dps is still high in higher maps(higest map I've tested it 76, where I could still solo easily with two others in the map).

Quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZY8oLfLxnc&feature=youtu.be

Crit EK

Requires some more investment, but is very strong and fun as well. Since the last change to EK, it's much more enjoyable now. It feels much better to use, especially with crits. Seeing everything going up in flames, before they get shattered into dozens of pieces feels just... great.

With gems around 17, I already hit around the 10K. I expect it to rise to 15, and with some better gear around 20 - 25K.

Quick video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8spRNE1AvQ&feature=youtu.be

Skeleton Summoner

I've done a vid on her before. Domi kill, using only skeletons. I picked this one up not too long ago, first just to get spell echo from the lib quest. But I really felt this one, once I started playing her, even though she was far from complete.

It kinds of feel a bit like raging spirits, only this is more "fire and forget", since the skeletons have a long uptime. You can simply summon two groups next to a big pack, and 'forget' about them.

I plan on getting curses, better aura's, a better set-up for my skeletons/zombies and maybe a nice CWDT, or something like a devouring totem.

Quick Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfTaZHMfB0A&feature=youtu.be

After updating my DD topic, I plan on making another guide. My question to you, which of these three build would you want to see done first?
I am a nice guy.
Last edited by Appels_Zijn_Gezond on Jul 27, 2014, 4:29:58 AM
Flame Trap + Flame Surge sounds interesting!

Second would be Skelemen Summoner.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 27, 2014, 4:35:00 AM
Looking fwd to pewpews attempts at another Flicker build...hopefully catering for those like me with ordinary gear.

I struggled with my first attempt at flicker, just could not get my damage high enough despite having a very good claw after a lucky yolo exalt. Managed to get it to lvl 83, but pretty much stalled there.

My current attempt at Crit based flicker is going much better, my damage at L63 is already higher than my L83 flicker but survivability is a big issue. It's my first attempts at a crit build though, so hopefully can fix a few issues after full respec.

I've seen a crit flicker build someone posted recently, looks amazing, but the gear is just mindblowing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info