Lightning Arrow (LA) Ranger Guide – From Beginning to End Game

Thanks for the answer.
Im using LA - LMP - Faster Projectile Speed and cold dmg for now but i would probably go for mana leech cuz im having problem with my mana. I'm 53 lvl now and having trouble with life regen mobs, big trouble :D i cant kill them so im looking for a new bow. I cant play until i find one. I find 2 or 3 good decimation bow but owners offline so im waiting.

What about culling strike and item rarity? Are u using these gems on ur Puncture? i still couldnt find the puncture gem :D

About last paragragh u're absolutely right. I was looking for a legendary but im bored. 400+ hours play time and nothing :D waste of time. 2 days play time on poe and im not missing D3. PoE is really catchy :D I like the skill/gem thing and currency thing here. GGG realy doing great job for listening to their players. I asked for IGN change and they changed in 20-30 mins. This is enough for me.
Last edited by Drvi34 on Jul 1, 2014, 11:02:32 PM
"
Drvi34 wrote:
Thanks for the answer.
Im using LA - LMP - Faster Projectile Speed and cold dmg for now but i would probably go for mana leech cuz im having problem with my mana. I'm 53 lvl now and having trouble with life regen mobs, big trouble :D i cant kill them so im looking for a new bow. I cant play until i find one. I find 2 or 3 good decimation bow but owners offline so im waiting.

What about culling strike and item rarity? Are u using these gems on ur Puncture? i still couldn't find the puncture gem :D

Here's what I'm using now for Puncture because I use it for boss killing:
Puncture + Added Fire Damage + Item Rarity (for drops - on loan to my melee Ranger) + Faster Attacks + Culling Strike (to kill bosses faster on low life) + Pierce (to get the damage multiplier from Drillneck and to pierce crowds to kill bosses)

I'm using Rain of Arrows for crowd control because the mana drain is too intense from Lightening Arrow while running two auras (grace and hatred).

I have been experimenting with my gem setup and have:

Rain of Arrows + Item Rarity (to get drops from blues mostly) + Faster Attacks + Power Charge on Critical + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Increased Crit Damage

A very fun setup because I can mow down mobs with RoA, generate crit charges, and switch to Penetrate to take down bosses. Downside to this setup is the crits are very powerful with the Increased crit gem, and 3 power charges from the PCoC gem really increase the crit chance.

Downside to this setup is you will kill yourself on physical reflect maps, but all choices have drawbacks.

One other item I am very happy with is these gloves:

That level 11 temporal chains on hit is really nice and Rain of Arrows is great for hitting a group all at once and cursing them.

Anyway that's what I'm up too. Besides my level 84 Bow Ranger I have a level 78 Molten Strike Ranger that I'm trying to get above 80 before the leagues end.

PS - Yell at me in game and I'll see if I can hook you up with some gems and a bow. IGN Dawn_Raider or Winterbough.

Last edited by Skywalkerfx on Jul 2, 2014, 12:15:42 AM
so basically you just stoped using LA?
Last edited by ticaw on Jul 8, 2014, 8:46:52 PM
I swap my gems around quite a bit to experiment.

This is how I run LA:

For mana conservation and higher damage against several targets:

4L: LA + LMP (or Fork) + PPAD + AFD (or added cold damage to freeze or chill, or Increased Attack Speed)
5L: LA + LMP + PPAD + AFD + Increased Critical Strike or Power Charge on Critical
6L: LA + LMP + PPAD + AFD + Increased Critical Strike or Power Charge on Critical + Pierce

- Fork is little easier on mana than LMP. Both skills cause three strikes. Fork negates Pierce or Chain so plan accordingly.
- Shock duration can be achieved for 0 mana with a quality LA Gem.
- A rare amulet with 4%+ Life Leech should be worn to avoid giving up a gem slot to Life Gain on Hit or a Life Leech gem (LGoH also has a high mana multiplier - 150%). Also, the amulet works equally well with your single shot boss killing arrow e.g. Pierce, Frenzy, Ice Shot etc. Examples:

- At least one item of jewelry or gear should have 2% or more Mana Leech to compensate for mana drain. Example

- Quivers should be selected to Leech Mana or Life or to Pierce or that have Increased Crit Chance/Increased Crit Damage and ideally + life or strength

Only when you can't compensate with gear or the skill tree should you consider using a gem slot for mana leech or blood magic as this takes a slot away from a damage gem.

"
Fork negates Pierce or Chain so plan accordingly.
You're wrong here ;). Pierce overrides Fork and Chain. Fork only overrides Chain.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Thank you Mr. Panini for pointing out the proper sequence of what skill will "proc" first.

And you showed great restraint by not explaining how you favor Chain and LGoH for Lightning Arrow.

I can tell you've had your coffee this morning. :)

Hey I am trying to follow your guide but the skill tree links don't appear to work?

It just keeps loading the first one over and over it the later ones never seem to be expanded at all beyond the start.

Any idea how to fix this?
"
FunkMastaT wrote:
Hey I am trying to follow your guide but the skill tree links don't appear to work?

It just keeps loading the first one over and over it the later ones never seem to be expanded at all beyond the start.

Any idea how to fix this?

That's because they are the old skill trees. This guide isn't updated
zzz
Well shit I guess I ruined my character trying to follow this because I have no clue what to do now...
But most info here is still useful for a beginner Ranger right?

"
3. Skill Gems and Which Ones to Use
You will not be a Lightning Arrow (LA) Ranger until you obtain a LA gem. However, all bow skills follow the same path and there is no penalty for changing skill gems.

This true? E.g., the build for LA is the same as Ice Shot? Because they're both ele?

Also, do these skills cause Lag?
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info