Why doesn't the game automatically do /oos?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
One reason is that stuff like this
"
holocaustus wrote:
/oos
/cast Cyclone
Makes things worse, not better. Re-syncing during movement (especially a single fixed move like cyclone) sets you back and interrupts the movement on the client, when on the server you kept moving, and can get you more out of sync than you started.

Just tested it a bit more and while what you describe happens sometimes, more often than not the animation does continue and mobs die in-sync even if you do it in the middle of the animation. Might have something to do with cruise control aka Multi Strike support?

Anyway, spamming it together with the ability is clearly out of the question, but as a separate macro bound to the mouse it's very helpful.

As a temporary solution ofc, until you fix desnc. ;)
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:
/oos
/cast Cyclone
Makes things worse, not better. Re-syncing during movement (especially a single fixed move like cyclone) sets you back and interrupts the movement on the client, when on the server you kept moving, and can get you more out of sync than you started.

Just tested it a bit more and while what you describe happens sometimes, more often than not the animation does continue and mobs die in-sync even if you do it in the middle of the animation. Might have something to do with cruise control aka Multi Strike support?
Multistrike will delay it, not prevent it. On the server you continued the initial cyclone, on the client it was interrupted and then immediately started the second, due to multistrike. Thus the client is one cyclone ahead of the server (and quite possibility targeting different enemies for the remaining cyclone). When the client finishes, the server will do another cyclone, since it's only on the second. How out of sync you get depends heavily on which targets are picked on the client and server, how long each cyclone is, and where each ends up, position wise.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Feb 27, 2014, 5:07:15 PM
Also, i asked chris about this when /oos was first implemented, and he said that if too many people spam it too frequently it can cause an excess amount of strain on the server.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Multistrike will delay it, not prevent it. On the server you continued the initial cyclone, on the client it was interrupted and then immediately started the second, due to multistrike. Thus the client is one cyclone ahead of the server (and quite possibility targeting different enemies for the remaining cyclone). When the client finishes, the server will do another cyclone, since it's only on the second. How out of sync you get depends heavily on which targets are picked on the client and server, how long each cyclone is, and where each ends up, position wise.

Makes sense. I can work with that.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
/oos flasks are confirmed.
of
K, i tried and failed, whats a send key and how do i use it? I want to put /oos on the q button btw.

So i press a button then enter and another button and enter again or something when it should be working? I suck so much at this computer stuff. :(
"
/oos flasks are confirmed.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
"
K, i tried and failed, whats a send key and how do i use it? I want to put /oos on the q button btw.

So i press a button then enter and another button and enter again or something when it should be working? I suck so much at this computer stuff. :(

I took NoFunnyName's script and edited it so it works when you press q button. There's no need to press anything else, just q is enough.

"
#ifWinActive, Path of Exile
{
*q::Sendinput {enter}/oos{enter}
}

By the way, when did they change the interface so Sendinput works? Because I remember trying it back in open beta and it couldn't keep up with the input speed, which was the reason why my version had sleeps there.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:
/oos
/cast Cyclone
Makes things worse, not better. Re-syncing during movement (especially a single fixed move like cyclone) sets you back and interrupts the movement on the client, when on the server you kept moving, and can get you more out of sync than you started. The reason for resync on stun is that it's safe to do so - you're not moving during the stun.

People spamming /oos all the time while using things like cyclone are quite possibly going to make things worse for themselves.

This doesn't make any sense to me...

How does it interrupt or make you more out of sync, when the /oos resyncs you to the server? How is not /oos'ing helpful to the player, when they'd be resync'd at the end of the action anyway?
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info