Why doesn't the game automatically do /oos?

"
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:

What keyboard and price? I'm looking to invest into one for this very purpose :P

Uhm, some razer thingy. Cost about 150 AUS. Glows green. Mechanical. It's okay but the clicking can be obtrusive if you're using the microphone, I've learned recently.

I wouldn't recommend it but I'm clearly a sucker for shinies.

Man Razer keyboards... not the best. Could've gotten a Corsair K95 for that price I think, and much sturdier and with better aftermarket service.
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
"
Alhoon wrote:
"
Thx for the clarification. Now i gotta find out how to hotkey that thing.

/oos part of my AHK script:

"
Loop
{
Sleep, 1000
}

#IfWinActive ahk_class Direct3DWindowClass

*XButton1::
Send {Enter}
Sleep, 5
Send /oos
Sleep, 5
Send {Enter}
return

Only thing you need to perhaps worry about is this line: *XButton1::

* means "in combination with any key", so it works with alt+Xbutton1 etc. if I happen to be pressing that for whatever reason. XButton1 is AHK code for mouse extra button 1, you can set that to whatever you want. For most regular keys, it's just that key (*k:: would be for pressing K). For anything else, check AHK documentation.
Why do you needlessly complicate things?

#IfWinActive Path of Exile
*DesiredOOSButton::Send {Enter}/oos{Enter}

Put above in an .ahk file, visit their website to get it
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
People spamming /oos all the time while using things like cyclone are quite possibly going to make things worse for themselves.

But at least the character spins and leeches life instead of only spinning on the client side. It is actually safer.
You won't have my gear.
"
ZeuZLoD wrote:
So my question is, why can't PoE's devs get it right with melee and the cyclone?

It's not just cyclone, for example I get crazy desync playing double strike.
I can understand lesser state updates to reduce bandwidth consumption but when is GGG going to disable TCP SACK on their game sockets. I disabled that and vastly improved the game avoiding reacks on stale/ooo segments. most disable this when using tcp vs udp as a transport. it's not like poe is performing partial transactions where lost intermediate segments would help anyhow.
auto /oos when stunned would be nice.
"
Metronomy wrote:
"
Alhoon wrote:
"
Thx for the clarification. Now i gotta find out how to hotkey that thing.

/oos part of my AHK script:

"
Loop
{
Sleep, 1000
}

#IfWinActive ahk_class Direct3DWindowClass

*XButton1::
Send {Enter}
Sleep, 5
Send /oos
Sleep, 5
Send {Enter}
return

Only thing you need to perhaps worry about is this line: *XButton1::

* means "in combination with any key", so it works with alt+Xbutton1 etc. if I happen to be pressing that for whatever reason. XButton1 is AHK code for mouse extra button 1, you can set that to whatever you want. For most regular keys, it's just that key (*k:: would be for pressing K). For anything else, check AHK documentation.
Why do you needlessly complicate things?

[code]
#IfWinActive Path of Exile
*DesiredOOSButton::Send {Enter}/oos{Enter}
[/code]

Put above in an .ahk file, visit their website to get it

I just use that and im good? Damn, that would be nice. In the he desired part i just put any key in there i want to work with it?
Ivу tried to use /oos macros on my A4 X7 mouse - its binded to double click button. It works but u should push the button all the time - before cycloning, during cycloning, after it. Its pain in the ass with no guarantee that u wont be desynced and die. Macro loop feature is just spoils everything - u get poping up chat window all the time and cant play at all. So I just leave my Cyclone farming and use Ground Slam. Yes its not so fast(cos I got 15k DPS on Cyclone and just 10k on Ground Slam) and not so funny as Cyclone but I can be confident that I wont loose my XP due to desync.
Last edited by DuOrb on Feb 27, 2014, 4:52:43 AM
"
I just use that and im good? Damn, that would be nice. In the he desired part i just put any key in there i want to work with it?

Yes, such as "`::send ". Probably the best and most convenient place to put it would be on a mouse side button, if your mouse has one of those (XButton2 for the front button, XButton1 for the back)

And actually, if i could make one improvement to that code, replace send with sendinput, so it looks like
Spoiler
#ifWinActive, Path of Exile
{
XButton1::Sendinput {enter}/oos{enter}
}

the reason being is that send is somewhat slow, and sendinput is practically instant, so much so that you will not be able to even see the chat box appear.
"
NoFunnyName wrote:
"

Yes, such as "`::send ". Probably the best and most convenient place to put it would be on a mouse side button, if your mouse has one of those (XButton2 for the front button, XButton1 for the back)

And actually, if i could make one improvement to that code, replace send with sendinput, so it looks like
Spoiler
#ifWinActive, Path of Exile
{
XButton1::Sendinput {enter}/oos{enter}
}

the reason being is that send is somewhat slow, and sendinput is practically instant, so much so that you will not be able to even see the chat box appear.

Thx a lot. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info