Split Arrow Cosmetic Effect

Out of all the skills that are currently available, I think split arrow is in most need of a microtransaction cosmetic effect. Currently, split arrow just looks so bland.

I know so many people who would buy the effect for split arrow if GGG created one.

Come on GGG!
Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

Honestly any arrow ahem the basic arrow effect needs it in general I propose the vaal arrows from the construct's
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Still need trails(after 3 years). Zelda on the nintendo 64 had trails. I dont. It frigin sux!

Once I get trails I can remake a lot of the trashy old effect. Also optimising them in the process.

I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Okay, I understand what trails are.

But isn't it still possible to add a cosmetic effect to the arrow themselves (not add/affect the trails)? (for example lightning arrow, or burning arrow)

"
Russell wrote:
Still need trails(after 3 years). Zelda on the nintendo 64 had trails. I dont. It frigin sux!

Once I get trails I can remake a lot of the trashy old effect. Also optimising them in the process.

Good Russel

ya slacker :P got my visa card right here when it's ready
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
jtrand wrote:

But isn't it still possible to add a cosmetic effect to the arrow themselves (not add/affect the trails)? (for example lightning arrow, or burning arrow)

Not without the programmers writing a new system for it sadly -_- Which would take a long as trails.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Well, whenever a split arrow cosmetic effect is introduced, I'll be your first customer lol

"
Russell wrote:
"
jtrand wrote:

Not without the programmers writing a new system for it sadly -_- Which would take a long as trails.

Just shoot me the version control info you guys use and get me check-in/out rights on the code and I'll get to work right away. I'm on pager duty at my job for this iteration so I could probably squeeze in several hours of POE coding without too much hassle.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
"
Russell wrote:

Whenever you do get trails* I really hope you can add some slightly subtle poison arrow wisps that move along with the arrows.

Spoiler
I remember being extremely excited at the visual prospects of D2 Amazon's poison javelin until I saw it was mostly impact related and almost no streaming effects as the javelin flew through the air.

(Slightly) more splashy Poison arrow trailing effects would be number one on my MTX skill wish list.

Thanks in advance for all the GGG people who continually work to make this game more fun to play in every aspect!

*not Doge tails - don't get sidetracked :-)
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Make it happen Russel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info