Critique My Game Character Design @_@ (+Music Theme added)

Russel, I'm not sure Dragon's Crown is the best example for drawing females to not look like hentai characters. *cough* SORCERESS *cough/gag/wheeze*
well that's the problem that i suppose, either you depict women in a more wild and free manner and get people complaning that it's hypersexualisation or you make her run-of-the-mill or somewhat unlikeable and get people complaining that you are depicting women in a way that doesn't empower them or otherwise in a positive manner.
"
Stormquake wrote:
Russel, I'm not sure Dragon's Crown is the best example for drawing females to not look like hentai characters. *cough* SORCERESS *cough/gag/wheeze*

No I posted that one because it was funny. Shes the one proper female character in dragons crown. The other 2 are a walking pair of breasts and ass. The burly one mainly being ass and legs. Though I feel this game smashed a bit to hard for it.

Im pretty sure girls are just sick of female characters in games always getting shitty armour. Apparently females are all weaker than men or something so they have to wear 1/3rd the armour. I never quite got that one.

I always see guys complain that there arnt more girls in gaming. Yet it is extremely obvious why..

Holy crap im going off topic.

Anyways post updates when you have them dude. Interested to see the developments and problems you come across :)
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
I just watched the Jim Sterling vid and I have to say that's some pretty slick evidence he puts forward. He was right, that everything about a big budget title is engineered towards making money, that's an incredibly fair point. However I think he trips himself up in that his primary examples of women being objectified vs idealized is that within these games they lack agency.

Which is true some of the time, but what about Samus Aran from Metroid, Kerrigan from Starcraft, Jinx from LoL (my favorite female character design ever) - Tifa from Final Fantasy 7 who yes has long legs and big boobs, but she totally kicks ass doing piledrivers on giant weapons with her bare hands!

Also, he fixates on extreme examples such as DoA Beach Volleyball. And FPS games. He doesn't look at female characters in games where character actually matters the most - role playing games. There is a long history of highly detailed female characters in the genre where storytelling is the biggest focus. Try reading up on Persona 4 for example. It features a girl who dresses like a boy. And a boy, who is attracted to both males and females. Both characters eventually open up about their struggle to find their places in a world with rigid expectations about gender roles. It's true. The game challenges the player to accept a party member who is "icky and gay" - which is sort of how I felt at first, but then I got over it and accepted him. It was a really powerful question to pose to a gamer in the way that they did.

So maybe we have different ideas about games because we aren't playing the same games.

Finally, I just want to say that I'm fine when girls objectify men. I think it's cute when a girl is swooning over Lord Seshomaru of Inuyasha or Uchiha Sasuke of Naruta or whoever. I say go ahead and find your perfection in a fantasy world because that is a standard that I personally will always fail to deliver for them. So let them have their fun. And hopefully they won't be too bothered if I have some too.

I wanted to show you this btw: I will admit I saw this image and fell in love with it. I hope it's okay to link it here

Kerrigan's Thighs:
Spoiler
Last edited by BearCares on Feb 25, 2014, 4:39:16 PM
"
Russell wrote:
The gape between the thighs is giant. Unless shes a 8 year old or an anime character that would not happen :P

Yet another tacky game industry trope

Also she needs more cloths haha. If you want to make hentai just make hentai :P

to be fair russell, when you guys introduced the scion the poe site looked like one of those japanese/hentai (or whatever theyre called) mmorpg pop up ads

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Feb 25, 2014, 4:48:20 PM
"
Russell wrote:
Im pretty sure girls are just sick of female characters in games always getting shitty armour. Apparently females are all weaker than men or something so they have to wear 1/3rd the armour. I never quite got that one.

On topic, I'm not much at judging this stuff OP, but to my eye it looks like a good start. Only thing that stands out to me that hasn't been mentioned is the cloak thing looks weirdly short to me.
"
Russell wrote:
Atziri is pretty much a succubus. She ruled with her beauty and seduction and had people sacrifice themselves to her to keep her beauty

I don't mean to be overly critical, but I don't get the nose ring. The rest of it makes sense with the story, she was beautiful, now she's fugly, and wants to be beautiful again, but what part of that made her pierce her nose and put a giant bull ring through it? That kind of seems like a conscious decision to abandon any traditional sense of beauty, no? Was the bull ring and piercing part of the magic or w/e that made her ugly? Seems a bit weird.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Russell wrote:
Atziri is pretty much a succubus. She ruled with her beauty and seduction and had people sacrifice themselves to her to keep her beauty

I don't mean to be overly critical, but I don't get the nose ring. The rest of it makes sense with the story, she was beautiful, now she's fugly, and wants to be beautiful again, but what part of that made her pierce her nose and put a giant bull ring through it? That kind of seems like a conscious decision to abandon any traditional sense of beauty, no? Was the bull ring and piercing part of the magic or w/e that made her ugly? Seems a bit weird.

I dont really get it either. It was very small in the original concept. I guess our concept artist just thought it looked ruthless and liked it so they made it bigger lol.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Simple. Not every culture shares our definition of beauty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayan_people_(Burma)
"
Russell wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Russell wrote:

I dont really get it either. It was very small in the original concept. I guess our concept artist just thought it looked ruthless and liked it so they made it bigger lol.

Is her lower halve more Bull or more Horse? Depending on your answer, the Nose Ring could fit the whole picture.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info