Critique My Game Character Design @_@ (+Music Theme added)

The gape between the thighs is giant. Unless shes a 8 year old or an anime character that would not happen :P

Yet another tacky game industry trope

Also she needs more cloths haha. If you want to make hentai just make hentai :P
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
The gape between the thighs is giant. Unless shes a 8 year old or an anime character that would not happen :P

Yet another tacky game industry trope

Also she needs more cloths haha. If you want to make hentai just make hentai :P

Oooooh, you just got dunked, son.

Russel is Russelin' even more Jimmies.
"
If you want to make hentai just make hentai :P

Just uh...maybe don't post it here. (cough)
If you want to make hentai just make hentai.

hahaha. I don't think more perfect advice exists.

It looks not too bad to me. not too much a fan of the little horns though. seems more otr less in proportion. but something seems off around her pelvic area
Smoother than Smooth.
Last edited by Moist on Feb 24, 2014, 8:26:36 PM
Spoiler
Btw wasn't dissing your model. The model itself is pretty solid.
y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
Btw wasn't dissing your model. The model itself is pretty solid.

Dude, it's fine no problem. And thanks for the critiques from everyone.
Thanks for calling attention to her thighs, that helps!

I do have something a to say though, about the hentai comment. Um look to the right of your monitor. What do you see? Four of? =D

I understand how some people can get cynical about exaggerating or idealizing the female body. But I'm not cynical about it. I think of it this way: Just because it's corny to write a poem to a girl about how you get lost in her eyes which are like the stars, and a million guys have done that, doesn't mean it won't be special to the girl when she reads it.

My point is, things that work within nature, repeat themselves. But they are never exactly identical when you look closely. Snow flakes, flowers etc.

I also remember that when I was a kid I thought it was awesome how Conan the Barbarian would run around in that movie practically naked where you can see his shined up oily muscles glistening in the sun. Now I'm not gay, but my point is that male super heroes also wear skin tight clothing where you can see just about everything. Is that sexualizing the male body too much? Should Wolverine wear baggy pants to hide his rock hard glutes?

I get where you are coming from with the hentai comment and I know a lot of people agree with that. But I think the female body is great and I love so much about it that I like to see it in as good condition as I can wherever, whenever I can. It's just the truth. I'm not ashamed. =p
Atziri is pretty much a succubus. She ruled with her beauty and seduction and had people sacrifice themselves to her to keep her beauty. You can read her story here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/793831

If that's what your characters going for then go ahead. However from looking at her im guessing that not the case :P

Also conan the the barbarian is a barbarian. If she was wearing tied together rabbit skin as a bra and kilt and random hacked together leather boots then cool. Would make sense. However she looks like a ranger type character with sexy long boots. Im guessing if she could afford those fancy looking boots she can afford to wear cloths to protect herself.

Im not saying dont make her sexy. Just keep it practical. Design her like you would a male character and I promise you she will come out looking a lot cooler and a lot more original.

Heres a vid on it by the awesome Jim Stirling http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7290-Objectification-And-Men

y im slept?
"
Russell wrote:
Atziri is pretty much a succubus. She ruled with her beauty and seduction and had people sacrifice themselves to her to keep her beauty. You can read her story here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/793831

If that's what your characters going for then go ahead. However from looking at her im guessing that not the case :P

Also conan the the barbarian is a barbarian. If she was wearing tied together rabbit skin as a bra and kilt and random hacked together leather boots then cool. Would make sense. However she looks like a ranger type character with sexy long boots. Im guessing if she could afford those fancy looking boots she can afford to wear cloths to protect herself.

Im not saying dont make her sexy. Just keep it practical. Design her like you would a male character and I promise you she will come out looking a lot cooler and a lot more original.

I want to play, Russell, how is that ranger model you displayed still standing? On the second an third frame her ankle looks soooo small like it is going to or should have snapped in 1/2 already!

@OP keep at it, now what kind of character do you want her to be? You may not need to change her figure at all if it is going to be covered up, unless you want to do it the right way and fix the thigh gap
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
Last edited by Nithryok on Feb 24, 2014, 10:07:06 PM
"
Russell wrote:

Mmm, dat' advice.

I don't really have anything to say about the OP's model (sorry), but I just wanted to add in that I quite like the way GGG has handled female characters.

I often find the portrayal of women in the media to often be lack luster - they're treated as either token characters that have to be included, or shallow sex symbols. GGG's done a lovely job making all three of the playable ladies I the game actually look like real women, and fleshed out their characters to a level on par (or in Scion's case, beyond) the male characters. Scion's sort of touted as "Ooo, look at our sexy fantasy lady!" in the advertising, but she's pretty tame/normal compared to a lot of other games. I'm certainly going to remember Witch much longer than I'll remember the interchangeable fantasy dames from a dozen other games.

To touch on Atziri too - she comes off as (from the website background) sort of a dominatrix or serial killer - succubus sums it up nicely. Despite the fact she's essentially naked, she manages to have enough character depth just in the way she's drawn to effectively de-sexualize her (at least in my opinion). It's a great deal more interesting than if GGG had just gone "Look! Tits!".

(Sub note: Where's her foible at? Mah' girl wears a foible and you know it GGG).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info