[2.2] Hybrid Synergiser Wander

the spell damage wand should do vastly more damage as you dont benefit nearly as much was physical damage compared to increased attack damage.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Harmster wrote:
Skyforth what wand do you run with now? The one you linked in the description looks like Yoshi's old :-)

I saw the the original crafter changed the hybrid phys/accu roll to a 72% spelldmg roll. Might be a dps increase?

About your build, nice going mate - you seem to have broken the code. Sad to see aura nodes being THAT effective though, that is simply insane.
If you can afford it, picking up the 3 "30% energy shield from equipped shield" at the Bulwark cluster might reward you greatly since you have a 500ES shield. You come right past them.

I have considered the hybrid wand.

However all leech is from physical damage only. With a lower pdps wand you will not leech enough for reflect and do even more elemental damage.

If you take that wand, you can end up running life leech gem instead of wed but then it's a loss of dps after gaining dps.

I haven't got infinite currency to test everything, just posting my build before I take a break from standard.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
The wand was also for CoC not wanding

6% es provides much more es than a 30% node. Discipline also provides over 600 flat es
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
Skyforth wrote:

6% es provides much more es than a 30% node. Discipline also provides over 600 flat es

Yeah did the math and it made no sense, you are right. Its not flat ES provided by the 30% node.

Also in regards to elemental reflect - I never had an issue with that:

But I'm not sure the hybrid wand would be a good dps increase aswell. More likely to be the same.
Last edited by Harmster on Feb 25, 2014, 9:59:41 PM
screw it
Assuming it is true that with intelligence and nodes and all that, you have 210% increased energy shield minus 46% from body and soul giving you 164%,

And that your base energy shield is 2583,

Then,

One 6% node increases your energy shield by

(264 + 6) / 264 - 1 = 2.27%

One 30% shield node, which gives your shield more base es, gives

(2583 + 155) / 2583 - 1 = 6.5%

One 30% shield node is

6.5/2.27 = 2.86 times better than a 6% node.

Overall

46 ES from body and soul vs 90% shield nodes:

(264 + 46) / 264 - 1 = 17.4%

90% increased shield ES:

(2583 + 155 * 3) / 2583 - 1 = 18%

Conclusion:

ES on shield gives 18/17.4 = 3.4% more es, and requires almost half the amount of points to take.

Nice build tho, i love aura builds.

Apparently increased energy shield from equipped shield doesn't increase base ES as i had been led to believe.

I'm too lazy to write the math again, but with that the body and soul will give you

2.55 times as much ES for less than double the point investment, and so are better points.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 25, 2014, 10:01:52 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
screw it
Assuming it is true that with intelligence and nodes and all that, you have 210% increased energy shield minus 46% from body and soul giving you 164%,

And that your base energy shield is 2583,

Then,

One 6% node increases your energy shield by

(264 + 6) / 264 - 1 = 2.27%

One 30% shield node, which gives your shield more base es, gives

(2583 + 155) / 2583 - 1 = 6.5%

One 30% shield node is

6.5/2.27 = 2.86 times better than a 6% node.

Overall

46 ES from body and soul vs 90% shield nodes:

(264 + 46) / 264 - 1 = 17.4%

90% increased shield ES:

(2583 + 155 * 3) / 2583 - 1 = 18%

Conclusion:

ES on shield gives 18/17.4 = 3.4% more es, and requires almost half the amount of points to take.

Nice build tho, i love aura builds.

Apparently increased energy shield from equipped shield doesn't increase base ES as i had been led to believe.

I'm too lazy to write the math again, but with that the body and soul will give you

2.55 times as much ES for less than double the point investment, and so are better points.

I'm not 100% sure on how shield es nodes work, but from past experiences es % gave more.

My guide is just a shell. You are free to fill it with any variation you want. Body and soul also gives heavily needed resists.
Last edited by Skyforth on Feb 25, 2014, 11:11:12 PM
"
Harmster wrote:
"
Skyforth wrote:

Yeah did the math and it made no sense, you are right. Its not flat ES provided by the 30% node.

Also in regards to elemental reflect - I never had an issue with that:

But I'm not sure the hybrid wand would be a good dps increase aswell. More likely to be the same.

To avoid further confusion, I didn't mean shield % didn't give flat es, but there is already a lot of flat es to be multiplied by es%
I just want to say that i think this is a really great build, really well crafted.

I hope you are not angry with me, but i have used it as an example of how overpowered auras are in a feedback thread. You have not a single weapon damage node. I would do exactly like you, your build here is extremely good, but i think it is bad for the game that auras are the best even for single player.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I just want to say that i think this is a really great build, really well crafted.

I hope you are not angry with me, but i have used it as an example of how overpowered auras are in a feedback thread. You have not a single weapon damage node. I would do exactly like you, your build here is extremely good, but i think it is bad for the game that auras are the best even for single player.

Just added mechanics to the thread.

Hopefully i explained it well enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info