[2.2] Hybrid Synergiser Wander

"

If you zone, your blood magic will drop and auras cast with it drop. You end up with a random lot of auras reserved still off your mana, and will require a complete redo of steps 1-5

There is little trick which allows you to keep your auras on hp when zoning - you equip Malachai's Simula each time you move to non-city zone. For example, when you are in map and want to TP to lab, you equip Simula before TPing. Or when you are in ledge, you don't have to equip Simula before TPing to city, but you equip it before going back to ledge. It means you only have to recast auras on mana.
It's quite annonying, but certainly better than having to recast auras all the time.
"
Skyforth wrote:

For starters,

Buy a level 5 20 quality power siphon. Mana cost for level 1 and 5 are the same. Level 6 will be an increase.

Yeah, will do.

"
Skyforth wrote:

Personally i think Aegis is a bad choice for a build like yours. A simple upgrade, and probably huge upgrade would be using.

Relatively cheap shield with good ES, very nice spell damage and the block is always a nice bonus.

I've been switching back and forth really, both are rather solid but the spelldam certainly helps boost damage some. I suppose a wand is a better investment than a shield upgrade to Rathpith?

"
Skyforth wrote:

As for Arctic Armour, it works so well with mana regen because the extremely high mana regen sustains power siphon and keeps a powerful flat physical reduction on. With Arctic Armour and 8k~ armour, i take close to 0 damage from physical reflect with chain. Whenever i chain, or split my hits into lots of smaller ones, the reduction is applied multiple times.

Eg.
20k hit, take 1k reflect. Arctic armour makes it 800

5x 4k hit. Take 200 reflect x5. Arctic Armour makes it 0x5 = 0

Yeah sadly I just don't have the mana regen as it is. I'm at ~160 regen/s and I'm not sure how to reasonably get it up to a point where running AA would be viable. Another issue is sockets; due to auras hogging up all spare sockets the only thing I could drop is cwdt curse, which is a huge loss and I really hate manually casting a curse. So I guess I'm doomed to live without AA.

"
Skyforth wrote:

It seems that lightning is working very well for you as you're stacking lightning damage on multiple items. For me, faster attacks is superior to ANY other support gem. Additional Accuracy is a little less and Added cold allows me to perma freeze.

Yeah absolutely, lightning has been my focus for this character in previous iterations as well, it's gone from a volt split build to the wander and I love lightning thematically as well as for the shock stacking, which taming can exploit nicely as well.

"
Skyforth wrote:

Your build looks heavily elemental and i'm sure the wand deserves an upgrade to support the rest of your items. I'm also curious how much ES you run as you're using a heavy belt, Aegis and dream fragments.

Yeah, it's kind of a dilemma since my budget right now is about half a mirror so I'm not sure if it's worth getting something in that price range or just keep saving up for that ultimate wand, as it were. I was hoping you could shed some light on just how much a wand upgrade scales the overall dps, especially in the base pdps department (since the main change to crit is/would be the addition of some gcm).

As for my ES, it is relatively low, right now I'm only at 4.6K. By respeccing a few points out of damage I could push it back over 5K, but this has been sufficient in my experience since the armour is so high and VP keeps it topped up. Doryani's leech helps with that as well, especially since my wand doesn't offer the high end pdps yet that would allow BR's physleech to cover it all. That said, I probably should experiment living without it, but I'm a bit short on str without the belt and do not currently own an Auxium so not sure about that. Getting one would set me back more on raising funds for the wand, of course, so I will have to weight he options (perhaps get a friend to loan me one for testing first or something).

"
Skyforth wrote:

Mana regen is tough, very tough. not a lot of option but grabbing mana and mana regen nodes from tree. I suggest getting mana geyser and Deep thoughts. Very well worth it points with great pathing.

Good luck with the build.

Yeah. I feel like maximum mana might be the bottleneck to my regen right now; I have a lot of regen from passives but maximum's only 1-1.1k. Legacy rainbows would help (but again, not sure if worth the 20 ex for ~30 mana).

I'll have to figure it out. Thanks again for the advice & effort put into refining the build ^
IGN: Noveria / Moonraze / Wunderbaum
Fixed maths, uploading 5.5gb worth of videos atm.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
2 new videos uploaded
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
amksoljanka wrote:
"
You could also use something like

depending upon your gem layout. The goal is to use an item that gives Blood Magic to replace the numerous gems you would have socketed otherwise.

not possible in chaos dmg per sec maps, turning on blood rage by accident isnt healthy either :D

Yeah for sure. Got to watch the mods.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
"
phoenix4dota wrote:
"

If you zone, your blood magic will drop and auras cast with it drop. You end up with a random lot of auras reserved still off your mana, and will require a complete redo of steps 1-5

There is little trick which allows you to keep your auras on hp when zoning - you equip Malachai's Simula each time you move to non-city zone. For example, when you are in map and want to TP to lab, you equip Simula before TPing. Or when you are in ledge, you don't have to equip Simula before TPing to city, but you equip it before going back to ledge. It means you only have to recast auras on mana.
It's quite annonying, but certainly better than having to recast auras all the time.

Yeah on another build I tried that required mask, I would throw up auras in labs then zone into maps before swapping mask. It's just tedious though, having to remember to swap it every. single. time. zoning.

Just wasn't for me. :P
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
Running this build as flicker strike. Never have mana issues and i don't have to worry about reflects great build. :D
IGN: _Long_
"
sopeak wrote:
Running this build as flicker strike. Never have mana issues and i don't have to worry about reflects great build. :D

Glad you enjoy it.
Full Atziri kill added
New shield added.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info