[0.10.0] Scrangos' CI DW Dagger Crit Witch Theorycrafted

have been busy IRL lately so havent gotten to play much, but theres a status update:

Currently level 62 in act 3 merciless. Saying that everything is a breeze currently would be me blatantly lying. In merciless is where the difficulty starts and in acts 2 and 3, you can really see it sting.

Admittedly, my gear are kinda crap, and this is an extremely gear dependant build, planning to spend some time grinding for upgrades until i am satisfied with my gear before continuing progression.

here is the revised end-game build im going for (subject to change as i play):
At the assassination passive, you can get the 2 upper crit nodes and ditch the bot crit/+30 dex node. So you trade 30 dex for 20% crit, which is pretty good considering how much dex you already have.

Also, if you want to be really crazy, you could get the two heartseeker nodes in the ranger area for +90% crit multiplier.

It would look like this:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAAYFfQW1B2MM8g5IDq0QexEvEVARlhR1FfYWvxjbGdUk_SepKaUrCiy_LOEwfDMMNj067TvhPs9DnEcGUUdW6lb1Vytbr19qYnltGXBSdEF3133jfll_K3_Gh9uIa4t6jb-OipP8l9CZmp2joqOly6Z_pyunNKxmrOquz7TFtUi297k-u9a95r46wQDBi8HFwdjB88Lsw23N6tDu0_zVANh22xrbbuL344TmgedU62PrjuwY7UHz6vVL96P5Y_yr_iv_3g==

Those bottom defensive nodes are way too valuable to give up, though. And you can't sacrifice energy shield nodes because you can only regen 20% of your shields per second without Vaal Pact. Only way to get everything would be to have level 97 or so. Pretty hard to get that though ;D.
IGN: @Deltrus
My build and gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462131
Last edited by DeltruS on Feb 7, 2013, 1:23:19 AM
"
DeltruS wrote:
I am just starting a character following your build.

The build seems great in the late game but in the early game it is very weak. All the survivability talents are really far into the tree. I don't really want to be in melee range with such low hp so I have to go ranged. I think I'l be rushing all the easy crit nodes and then go for the iron reflexes section of the tree. I'l save most of the energy shield stuff for last since it is hard to get a ton of ES early.

Any suggestions on leveling with this build?

Raise Zombie should help take the heat off of you. I'd say stick to spell casting until you get far enough into the skill tree to make melee worth it.
IGN: PurTurtle
Ixsiehn are you running this on HC? can't imagine using evasion at that level
My progress so far:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABX0FtQdjDPIOSA6tEHsRLxFQEZYUdRX2GNsZ1yepKaUrCiy_LOEwfDY9Ou074T7PQ5xHBlFHVupW9VcrW69famJ5bRlwUnRBd9d9435Zfyt_xofbiGuLeo2_joqT_JfQmZqdo6Kjpcumf6crpzSsZq7PtMW1SLb3uT671r3mvjrAUcEAwcXB2MHzwuzDbc3q0O7Ydtsa227i9-OE5oHrY-uO7BjtQfPq9Uv3o_yr

Gear

Just switched to CI with 3k shields. I've been struggling a ton before now, but I just started hitting my stride. The cool thing about this build is that you have unlimited flasks because you have a super high crit and super high attack speed. My granite flask of iron skin gives me +65% reduction to damage on the defenses tab.

In addition, with lightning strike I am able to freeze/shock stack mobs in merciless act 3. The cold damage comes from hatred and the lightning damage comes from wrath/lightning strike. I have half the crit mult that I will later so it should work even better for farming later.

Whirling blades + 7 frenzy stacks + faster attacks would probably result in a movement speed similar to a quicksilver flask of adrenaline. Should be fun.

The only thing that is killing me is being stun locked and freeze locked. I'm going to work towards eye of chayula to fix the stun issue. Crystal skin is also great.

Something that I will be experimenting with in the future is the possibility of freeze/shock stacking with dual strike and the new "melee aoe support gem" type thing they might come out with. This build crits super hard and hits super fast with 7 frenzy stacks, so maybe it will shock/freeze high hp mobs very well. Some combinations of support gems would make elemental damage are beastly.

My final spec will look like this:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAAYFfQW1B2MM8g5IDq0PxBB7ES8RUBGWFHUV9hjbGdUZ1yT9KaUrCiy_LOEwfDMMNj067Tt8O-E-z0MxQ5xHBk4qUUdW6lb1VytaGlqmW69famJ5Y3BtGXBSdEF3133jfll_K3_Gh9uIa4t6jb-OipP8l9CZmp2jnyeio6XLpn-nK6c0rGauz7TFtUi2Qbb3uMq5PrvWvea-OsBRwQDBxcHYwfPC7MNt0O7VANh22xrbbtzH32_i9-OE5oHnVOtj647sGO1B8-r1S_ej-WP8q_4r_94=

Class: Witch
Skill points used: 106
+14 to Strength
+264 to Dexterity
+140 to Intelligence
+20% All resist
15% chance to Avoid Elemental Status Ailments
16% increased maximum Mana
40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
+20 to maximum Mana
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Mana

335% increased Weapon Critical Strike Chance while Dual Wielding Daggers
266% increased Critical Strike Multiplier with Daggers
Critical Strikes with Daggers Poison the enemy

116% increased Physical Damage while dual wielding daggers
16% increased Accuracy Rating while Dual Wielding
36% attack speed while dual wielding daggers

30% increased Lightning Damage with Weapons
30% increased Cold Damage with Weapons

143% increased maximum Energy Shield
55% increased Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery

86% increased Evasion Rating
4% increased Evasion Rating per Frenzy Charge

+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
12% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding

12% increased Movement Speed

Keystones:
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour
Maximum Life becomes 1, Immune to Chaos Damage
Life Leech applies to Energy Shield instead of Life

The only thing I am really worried about is reflect mobs, but I might be able to just pop my granite and focus down the champ. Going full evasion and using both an evasion flask and enfeeble is also an option that might be worth exploring. Evasion would also be good because less crits = less elemental ailments.
IGN: @Deltrus
My build and gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462131
Last edited by DeltruS on Feb 15, 2013, 12:30:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info