[0.10.0] Scrangos' CI DW Dagger Crit Witch Theorycrafted

I am adding intelligence, strength and dexterity into the defensive stats, probably the difference. Int is int/5 ES%, Dex is dex/5 ER% and Str is str/5 AR%.

Afaik point blank doesnt work with EK because EK is a spell. But it does with Lightning strike projectiles or something.

With a semi quick estimate,

ES values for pure pieces
150 armor
120 shield
55 boots
55 gloves
86 helm
140 discipline
606 base
486 shieldless
Shield makes up for 20% of the value.

With hybrid pieces

79 chest
80 shield
25 boots
25 gloves
46 helm
140 discipline
395 base
315 shieldless

So in theory a full es armor shielded will have double the es of a shieldless hybrid es. However, im not sure if the hybrid ER/ES mods appear and stack with the ES mods. Possibly giving a higher cap of ES mods on hybrid pieces. This wont make up for it but will help a little bit.

Its hard to tell whether the armor will make up for the lack of ES, but spells are based on a separate stat and those are the ones im most scared of.

Hatred works with EK btw. Though Ice Bite doesnt boost the ek hatred damage.

I cant really tell if your build would work but it hurts to see so much ER% go to waste. Lots of hybrid nodes plus 50% in dex. But could be the right call, hard for me to give a definitive answer. If the armor/resist dont cause the ES to become enough effective hps to survive then my build wont work at all.
aye i was a bit apprehensive about getting the hybrid nodes without the ER aswell, on the other hand they give 8% ES, in some cases 10%, just like the pure ES nodes, so i just went for it anyways
in fact the two hybrid clusters next to the shadow gives 86% ES, while the ones near the witch only gives 57%, 97% if you also count one of the clusters below the witch, counting them exclusively, either option is 10 passive points, but then the hybrid ones also grant 20% allres and 20% ES recovery.

and hm yeah point blank does actually say projectile attacks, but then that opens up to get the 2% dualwield block node just above the arrow dodging keystone

i think the most important consideration is whether youll be able to survive the big hits, and thats the main weakness i see when doing the hybrid build. going shieldless pure ES i think the main problem would be medium hits in succession

i think either build would be unstable with less than actual good gear, but viable with good/very good gear, pure ES would have a larger "good enough" margin though, i feel

and lol i just died on my witch, thats what i get for skimping on gear at low levels i guess ^^ good news is i dont think it was a problem with the build, just the gear

edit: considering the int ES bonus the ES difference is 47%

i dont think ER%, ES%, ES/ER% can spawn on the same item if thats what you mean, but i suppose you can get ER/ES + flat ES + flat ER on the same item, but itll take more stat slots, the real question is whether the potential flat ES roll is as high as it can get on a pure ES item, then the collective ES/ER compared to pure ES cap would be higher.

i think the key to making the build work, regardless of hybrid or pure ES, is getting enough lifeleech to sustain the ES, rather than just having enough ES. with pure ES youd need more lifeleech to survive medium hit combos, but you would be safer when it comes to very large hits, and as far as small hits goes, you wont need much lifeleech in either case, though hybrid would be able to sustain longer
Last edited by Oaken on Jan 30, 2013, 6:22:21 PM
"
Oaken wrote:
...point blank for stronger EK, possibly with concentrated effect...

Neither of those work on EK since it is not a projectile attack or an AoE.
"
noremac13 wrote:
"
Oaken wrote:
...point blank for stronger EK, possibly with concentrated effect...

Neither of those work on EK since it is not a projectile attack or an AoE.

indeed, i was thinking it fires projectiles at a coneshaped area, of course its neither an attack nor are the individual hits aoe ^^
Can use added fire damage, mana leech and fork, or increased proj speed (makes it go further) for EK. Though the ones that hit like a truck with it are those with spell damage in their builds.
Lifeleech amount shoudnt be a problem in itself. The part I worry about is the regen cap at 20% of your max ES per second. With low ES thats gonna be a low amount.

For getting leech healed, theres about 7% from blood rage alone, can get more on dual strike if you gem for it and of course gear attributes. With the high phys dmg and high crit the leech is gonna be crazy high.

"Improved the Blood Magic support gem so that it now reserves slightly less life. This will also prevent players dying outright if using it with an aura that reserves 40% of their mana."

Anyone on SC mind testing this out for me? I my witch is HC.

Actually it probably rounds up anyway no matter how little it is so nevermind.
Last edited by scrangos on Jan 30, 2013, 8:42:57 PM
Why dont you guys get zealot's oath
Hey scrangos, thought id pop by and put my ideas here. Didnt see this thread when i started my own.

Currently my witch is level 47 and am at Cruel act 2. I havent invested my 1 point into CI yet though, dont intend to do that until I hit merciless and feel comfortable with my ES levels, (only at 896 with discipline). I find that block chance stun can kill your character in situations where you could have escaped with whirling blades. That said, i revised my own build as well to not rely too much on block for defense and just pump more ES% and evasion.

In my case i find that evasion and life steal (with ghost reaver) can keep me alive well enough, and evasion synergizes well with ES.

That said though, i can see that my low max hp is starting to funnel my life steal generation, and it gets worse as i scale further into the game, so im thinking id invest in vaal pact. The only downside is that its quite far from the rest of the tree (CI negates the downside of health regen and flasks).

Basically, i plan to exploit blood rage with CI and vaal pact, along with life steal mods and dual dagger's high crit to go for massive offensive power which in turn, gives me sustainability through life steal.

Here's my build plan (my build uses Voll's protector to generate power charges):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABX0HYw5ID8QQexEvEVARlha_HNwqOCsKLKYsvyzhLR8uCDdmN4M7fDvhQYdE-0ZxRwZMLUyzUDBW6lb1VytaplzGX2pjQ20ZcFJwVnf9erh9435Zf8aCHoLHh9uIQot6joqQG5Mnk_yVIJfQmZqaE52joqOmf6brpyunNKxmrpOuz7QMtMW1SLb3uMq5Prl8u9a-OsBRwFTBAMHFwfPC7MNtz-nYdtsa227b1NzH4vfjhOaB6f7quutj647sGO1B8uHz6vVL_Ks=

EDIT:
"
cwliias wrote:

I didnt go there for my build because its way out of the tree, and i do not have any life regen in my build anyway. (zealot's oath doesnt work with flasks from what ive read)
Last edited by Ixsiehn on Jan 31, 2013, 12:10:34 AM
"
Ixsiehn wrote:
Hey scrangos, thought id pop by and put my ideas here. Didnt see this thread when i started my own.

Currently my witch is level 47 and am at Cruel act 2. I havent invested my 1 point into CI yet though, dont intend to do that until I hit merciless and feel comfortable with my ES levels, (only at 896 with discipline). I find that block chance stun can kill your character in situations where you could have escaped with whirling blades. That said, i revised my own build as well to not rely too much on block for defense and just pump more ES% and evasion.

In my case i find that evasion and life steal (with ghost reaver) can keep me alive well enough, and evasion synergizes well with ES.

That said though, i can see that my low max hp is starting to funnel my life steal generation, and it gets worse as i scale further into the game, so im thinking id invest in vaal pact. The only downside is that its quite far from the rest of the tree (CI negates the downside of health regen and flasks).

Basically, i plan to exploit blood rage with CI and vaal pact, along with life steal mods and dual dagger's high crit to go for massive offensive power which in turn, gives me sustainability through life steal.

Here's my build plan (my build uses Voll's protector to generate power charges):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABX0HYw5ID8QQexEvEVARlha_HNwqOCsKLKYsvyzhLR8uCDdmN4M7fDvhQYdE-0ZxRwZMLUyzUDBW6lb1VytaplzGX2pjQ20ZcFJwVnf9erh9435Zf8aCHoLHh9uIQot6joqQG5Mnk_yVIJfQmZqaE52joqOmf6brpyunNKxmrpOuz7QMtMW1SLb3uMq5Prl8u9a-OsBRwFTBAMHFwfPC7MNtz-nYdtsa227b1NzH4vfjhOaB6f7quutj647sGO1B8uHz6vVL_Ks=

EDIT:
"
cwliias wrote:

I didnt go there for my build because its way out of the tree, and i do not have any life regen in my build anyway. (zealot's oath doesnt work with flasks from what ive read)

what skill gems do you run, including your Auras
- Dual strike with life leech and critical damage support gems as my auto attack
- Discipline Aura for ES
- Whirling blades for safe AoE and escape
- Ethereal Knives with critical chance support gem for stronger AoE (used between whirling blades on harder mobs, or when i dont want to get into melee range)
- Blood Rage for life leech
- Critical Weakness curse (warlord's mark and enfeeble works too, i have them in my inventory in case i need to switch in)
- Flicker strike to quickly take out key enemies
- Free skill slot, currently running hatred. Can switch it around for anything depending on situation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info