[1.2.x] Blasting Cap Build - Flameblast / Summon Skeletons w/ videos / 中文翻譯 /

"
"
luch3 wrote:

And yet, what is your opinion about this? What be better for dps kaom+searing or carcas+doryani or carcas+sering?
And what do you think of these options will show better survival?
Whats you elem resist now?

I believe you still get slightly more damage with dual doryani's, I'll borrow a kaoms later today to compare. Don't quote me on that just yet =)

For survival, a Kaoms would be better. The loss of some AOE, armor, and resists all can be made up elsewhere in gear or passives.

My resists are capped 77% (with EA) Fire, 147%, cold 153%, lightning 78%. When I hit 92 I'll be picking up diamond flesh for the %12 all resists.

I understand this build is not end-game?
Given your resists seems Atziri you cannt pass, isnt it?
Do not misunderstand me - I'm going to actually build and End Game for this is ready to spend up to 100ex)
"
luch3 wrote:
"
"
luch3 wrote:

And yet, what is your opinion about this? What be better for dps kaom+searing or carcas+doryani or carcas+sering?
And what do you think of these options will show better survival?
Whats you elem resist now?

I believe you still get slightly more damage with dual doryani's, I'll borrow a kaoms later today to compare. Don't quote me on that just yet =)

For survival, a Kaoms would be better. The loss of some AOE, armor, and resists all can be made up elsewhere in gear or passives.

My resists are capped 77% (with EA) Fire, 147%, cold 153%, lightning 78%. When I hit 92 I'll be picking up diamond flesh for the %12 all resists.

I understand this build is not end-game?
Given your resists seems Atziri you cannt pass, isnt it?
Do not misunderstand me - I'm going to actually build and End Game for this is ready to spend up to 100ex)

I can solo 78's with ease, but this isn't a build for atziri.
Can you show screenshot you offence of flameblast pls?
"
luch3 wrote:
Can you show screenshot you offence of flameblast pls?

http://imgur.com/obLXpot
Last edited by Solishaw on Jun 27, 2014, 11:41:00 PM
Its with searing or double doryani?
Hey, I encountered you yesterday and we chatted a bit about your build ^^

My flameblaster (Aurhen) is a CI witch who took quite a different path in the tree.

Here's my current tree at level 87:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCEFcrB2PmgcBUEVC71jvh4venK4t6bRktH4-mRKtVrlJTPV8snEkbr7eHZZwtHwI2xTbYKo2XhexViBvvhdgkpwidrhps890SaRcccXnkIilPgpvUfOdqeuZ9U7aG3fNgbV3GRtftIOFzi4wFW5_fPAXvfOw4OthN2Ix2wfOio3_GwcXsGMNtLL-GrhXX14ZWY7TRdoLIDBGWcLvZEy9vDkiP-tvnRwZfaqIuUEKMNuUZtDj79dVP3nekseWOnWPjhIhrtveZmutjES_a3X5ZnjyBbw==

My current gear:
Spoiler

Screenshot:
Spoiler

When I compare our trees,

You have :
74% Elemental damage
30% Spell damage
36% Damage over time
60% Burning damage
105% Fire damage
20% Area damage

While I have :

104% Elemental damage
94% Spell damage
45% Damage over time
80% Burning Damage
137% Fire damage
20% Area damage

So from the tree, I'm supposed to deal more damage...
But from what I've seen, it's not the case :/

So I wanna know what is boosting your damage by THAT much,
is it Doryani's and dual-curse?
Or carcass jack?
Is it that I need 6L to squeeze in a Increased Burning Damage?

Please guide me :c
"
luch3 wrote:
Its with searing or double doryani?

dual doryani's.
"
Austhern wrote:
Hey, I encountered you yesterday and we chatted a bit about your build ^^

My flameblaster (Aurhen) is a CI witch who took quite a different path in the tree.

Here's my current tree at level 87:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCEFcrB2PmgcBUEVC71jvh4venK4t6bRktH4-mRKtVrlJTPV8snEkbr7eHZZwtHwI2xTbYKo2XhexViBvvhdgkpwidrhps890SaRcccXnkIilPgpvUfOdqeuZ9U7aG3fNgbV3GRtftIOFzi4wFW5_fPAXvfOw4OthN2Ix2wfOio3_GwcXsGMNtLL-GrhXX14ZWY7TRdoLIDBGWcLvZEy9vDkiP-tvnRwZfaqIuUEKMNuUZtDj79dVP3nekseWOnWPjhIhrtveZmutjES_a3X5ZnjyBbw==

My current gear:
Spoiler

Screenshot:
Spoiler

When I compare our trees,

You have :
74% Elemental damage
30% Spell damage
36% Damage over time
60% Burning damage
105% Fire damage
20% Area damage

While I have :

104% Elemental damage
94% Spell damage
45% Damage over time
80% Burning Damage
137% Fire damage
20% Area damage

So from the tree, I'm supposed to deal more damage...
But from what I've seen, it's not the case :/

So I wanna know what is boosting your damage by THAT much,
is it Doryani's and dual-curse?
Or carcass jack?
Is it that I need 6L to squeeze in a Increased Burning Damage?

Please guide me :c

To help your damage, in this order I'd focus on obtaining the ability to dual curse (various methods, i use windscreams but to each their own). Focus on getting 20/20 or better ele weakness and flammability. This will help your ignite/burn damage tremendously.

Secondly grab dual doryani's. Highest rolled elemental damage you can afford. I'm currently using these:

Thirdly, if you can manage a 6l chest (preferably a carcass jack but since you're CI I believe your current chest will be fine, just losing some aoe/dmg) that extra link will be adding pure damage.

You mentioned the differences in tree etc, with "more damage", which is true. But to support 78's and not dying every two seconds, I found it necessary to spec into the hp nodes, and defensive nodes at some sacrifice of damage via passives. But as you can see during the couple maps we ran, dmg is not an issue :D. 4300+ town tooltip on flameblast is pretty insane.

Sitting at 4178 hp, 9k-ish armor, with 290hp regen, and this is plenty to solo palace dom without an issue or death.
Last edited by Solishaw on Jun 28, 2014, 10:39:19 PM
edit, double post.
Last edited by Solishaw on Jun 28, 2014, 10:27:54 PM
Thanks for your quick reply,
I will probably try to use Doedre's Damning, Paua Ring for the extra curse and run Purity of Elements to compensate for the resistance loss.

I'll try Doryani's when I'll have enough currency to buy 2 of them and a decent 6L ES chest or if I get lucky and 6L this one ^_^

Also I got another question about cursing, I've found this in the wiki :

"
The blast detonates ~0.5sec after releasing the key, giving the player enough time to cast a curse like Flammability or try to Shock, however this will only boost the damage of burn if targets get ignited because the blast goes off before the curse or shock stacks.[2] Moving will set off the blast earlier. (Citation needed. I do this all the time on my witch though)

So, do you need to curse, blast then re-curse for maximum effectiveness? So that it will boost the initial blast damage and then boost again the burn damage? O.o

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info