[1.2.x] Blasting Cap Build - Flameblast / Summon Skeletons w/ videos / 中文翻譯 /

Build description

I took the burn damage premise from the excellent ignite bike flameblast build and tried to expand on it's potential if a Kaom's chest wasn't used. Since that build was geared for hardcore for survivability, I was curious what could be done if permadeath wasn't an issue.

Started this build in softcore instead, and focused on damage nodes, with lesser priority on life nodes. Getting spell damage, cast speed. %fire damage on all gear I could to maximize damage and stack speed.

This build showcases the absolute most powerful burn damage flameblast can provide without being a glass cannon due to it's absurd life leech and ele reflect handling.

中文翻譯
Spoiler

Big Thanks to Voe_Hermes for the translation

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/793318/page/13

Videos:

Spoiler

Latest Build Map Boss Montage as seen on reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtDIbFt7UAM&feature=youtu.be

Gorge run as seen on reddit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC6vJ5kfSZ0&feature=youtu.be

This showcases actual map gameplay as opposed to my boss only montages. Uses the exact build tree and weapons seen below in the guide.

How Does it Play?

Spoiler
Simply curse with flammability (or if you choose to follow this build exactly, dual curse with flam+ele weakness) then build a quick 2-3 stack and ignite a mob and watch them burn to a crisp within a blink of an eye. The corpses act as hot coals, igniting and causing damage to enemies that come strolling in to see what all the commotion is about. Making a 2-3 stack flameblast shot extremely effective in wiping out an entire screen + some off screen.

Bosses, same idea. Pop your vaal summon skeletons, Curse or dual curse, build a larger stack (i do 7-10 if time permits) and as with mobs, just watch the boss burn up. You can kite away from danger as they're burning to minimize any damage taken.

Passive Tree

Spoiler
http://tinyurl.com/psgrtcy

Fire % and elemental % are the key nodes for this build as they double dip into the initial blast plus the burn. Spell damage only effects the initial blast.

Gems + Links

Spoiler
Flameblast setup (in searing touch or if you go dual doryani's, put these in your chest armor)

4 Link: Flameblast + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Prolif + Conc. Effect
5 Link: + Fire Penetration
6 Link: + Increased Burning Damage

CWDT Summon Skeletons (in Carcass Jack if you use searing touch. If dual doryani's put the cwdt + spell totem + summon skeletons in one of your doryani's)

4 Link: lvl 8 cwdt + lvl 20 spell totem + lvl 11 summon skeletons + lvl 20/20 faster casting
5 Link: + 20/20 Blind

Place vaal summon skeleton in your 6th socket. It does not need to be linked. If by chance you are using a 6l, level the vaal summon skeleton's as high as you can so it doesn't proc via CWDT.

This build like I said, absolutely needs Q20 Gems in your flameblast setup. Not required for your summon skeleton setup though. You need the high % ignite chance from quality gems for flameblast, or you'll be whiffing attacks left and right. It's expensive, but.. lord knows it's worth it. You've been warned!

How to Gear

Spoiler
Searing touch or Dual wield Doryani's Catalyst Sceptres Both are viable with this build. I'm currently using two Doryani's Catalysts.

Carcass Jack Why Carcass? Increased AOE. You're basically getting the blast radius node on your chest armor. Plus once you pick up the Blast Radius node in your passive tree.... full screen ignition baby. wooooooo!

Windscreams. You can use rainbowstrides or a nice pair of tri resist boots with movement speed and hp etc etc as well. But to really make this build a powerhouse, dual cursing is amazing. q20 flammability + ele weakness? It's like throwing gasoline on a burning fire. Ignite then curse them and you'll see what I mean, the hp just melts away.

Alpha Howl. Since this build is light on hp, having +2 to your defensive auras and clarity is a nice luxury to have. You can use a high armor/evasion helm with nice resists and hp as well to cut down costs.

For jewelery, +% fire damage is a no brainer. Since this was built in softcore, going cast speed and spell damage is a nice bonus.

My current gear:

Spoiler

Auras:

Spoiler
Grace + determination + clarity. When leveling vitality and clarity was what I used. Grace was pointless until picking up Iron Reflexes which was till middle of merc. I'd recommend using an Alpha Howl to maximize the aura potential. Drop vitality for determination when you feel the leech from your flameblast is enough to support the loss of hp regen.

Bandits

Spoiler
kill em' all.

In closing

Spoiler
Guys this build plain rocks. If you have the currency to really invest, this build should be high on your list of candidates. Ele reflect isnt much of an issue since you're relying on burn damage, not brute strength of a 10 stack flameblast all the time (bosses excluded).

It's great in maps, solo or in groups. I'm constantly being asked about the build in public groups. You'll be Mr. Popular if that's what you're going for. Worth every exalt invested, alot of fun to play and with only 4k life and 14k armor, it's quite viable in higher level maps since most enemies only have a short window of time to attack you before being burnt into ashes. You WILL be able to solo any map, including palace dom and courtyard bosses with ease.

Last edited by Solishaw on Oct 7, 2014, 12:59:08 PM
Searing touch always has 70% burn dmg. Variables are spell dmg (30-50) and fire dmg (20-40) Getting one with 40% fire dmg should help with the burn dmg though. Come to think, it gives 110% dmg to ur ignitions with a perfectly rolled one lol. Thats crazy
Whoops! Thanks for catching that dude, edited the wording.
Last edited by Solishaw on Feb 13, 2014, 8:55:39 PM
lol this is an amazing build. I started it with templar following similar passive setup as the ignitebike build. Its really cool when u KO act bosses with single chareged flameblast. I'm having mana problems though, and thinking of investing 6 points to get to eldritch battery. Shud give a ton of mana with all that ES from carcass jak.
Yeah, eldrich + carcass + rainbowstrides was a really nice buff to mana. Tried it with MoM and running AA but couldn't really sustain it. Made the build more tanky, but the loss of 6 points of pure damage and dual cursing was too much of a drawback at least for me personally.

Found it easier to find some gloves/jewelry with +max mana, dump a couple passives into max mana by scion start and respec out of them when I could afford the loss. Currently around 159 usable mana which is enough for a 10 stack with flameblast or constant spamming with DD. Noticed alot of the current setup hinges on a level 20 clarity in the alpha howl though, the regen is high enough to keep stacking even when you're hitting 0 in mana.
this build is really good I saw it in person and I would definitely recommend people to try it out!
haha, thanks man =p
Doesn't detonate dead negate proliferating corpses from flameblast?
"
Spotshot wrote:
Doesn't detonate dead negate proliferating corpses from flameblast?

Sadly it does, I used it only when vitality couldn't mitigate the damage taken. Just yesterday I dropped detonate dead for a 6l cwdt that constantly procs.

now running: 20/1 cwdt 20/8 firestorm 20/20 concentrated 20/20 add lightning 20/20 add chaos 20/20 life leech. It's pretty awesome as a leech/damage attack that autoprocs, out leeches ele reflect mobs and doesn't ruin the corpse ele prolif. Wanted to give it a full test on some 76's before updating the guide. So far so good though.
+1

seen this in action.

ban for op.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info