[1.3] [Pony's] Cheap CI FlickerStrike Shadow - Physical to Lightning!

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Actually, CWDT+IC+ID+EC provides the almost same physical avoidance, as your dodge+block. But without ANY investments.
Also, dodge/block wont save you from oneshots or spells.
You lose lots of ES and DPS just for physical avoidance. If i get killed, i'm killed either by oneshots, or heavy elemental damage, or desync. 3-rd case cant be avoided except with Aegis Aurora, but 1-st and 2-nd are absolutely independant of my evasion/block.

P.S. Your chance to dodge is displayed against an average (white) mobs. Some mobs, champs and bosses have higher accuracy.
P.S.S. Projectiles never were a problem. Ondar's Guile is a perfect defence against thing, that wont kill you anyway. I, personally, dont need any defence against something, that has no chance to kill me.

Going hybrid defences (i mean, ES+evasion or ES+armour) is usually a waste of points. The only exception - Aegis Aurora builds.

I'm willing to go for CWDT+IC+ID+EC, but man... you know how hard is to get 4 reds.

I've tested many ways to die less (you know, flicker) and run higher maps with no issues.
Right now, EV+ES is by far, the best solution (for a CI). A bit expensive I must confess.
But I didn't expend passive points on Evasion, I mean, exclusively. Maybe that might be a waste.
Instead I got EV from gear and started running Grace instead of Discipline.

My only reason of dying right now (haven't tested on Corrupted are bosses) is desync.
IGN: ShadowBeholder
"
gfwatcher wrote:

I'm willing to go for CWDT+IC+ID+EC, but man... you know how hard is to get 4 reds.

I've tested many ways to die less (you know, flicker) and run higher maps with no issues.
Right now, EV+ES is by far, the best solution (for a CI). A bit expensive I must confess.
But I didn't expend passive points on Evasion, I mean, exclusively. Maybe that might be a waste.
Instead I got EV from gear and started running Grace instead of Discipline.

My only reason of dying right now (haven't tested on Corrupted are bosses) is desync.

It isnt hard to get 4 red on str-related item at all. Abyssus, for example. Or generic ES/armour boots. Or gloves, or helm. Hell, you even dont need 4 reds in one item. Since linking Blood Rage to Increased Duration is a good idea anyway, why dont link it to CWDT and IC as well? Dont worry, CWDT wont support Blood Rage, because of level requirements. And you can put CWDT+EC elsewhere. So, you need only 3 red + 1 green, which is plausible to get even on Maligaro.

Man, even if you need some evasion, WHY spend 1 aura for it? You can just drink Jade Flask whenever you need, and it will provide more than enough evasion without any investments. Sure, you wont be able to use Unvawering Stance, but at least, you'll keep ES bonus from Discipline.

And if you die from desync while killing normal mobs, the best solution is to improve your DAMAGE! When you oneshot enemies with flicker 10 times per second, it leaves very little space for desync. If you lag, you should uprade your PC and reduce texture quality. Desync usually happens when enemies move. If you kill them before they move, there will be almost no desync.
Tell me, DO YOU oneshot enemies?
And against bosses, you will care about oneshots only. Once again, evasion wont save you there.

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Apr 1, 2014, 11:06:25 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

It isnt hard to get 4 red on str-related item at all. Abyssus, for example. Or generic ES/armour boots. Or gloves, or helm. Hell, you even dont need 4 reds in one item. Since linking Blood Rage to Increased Duration is a good idea anyway, why dont link it to CWDT and IC as well? Dont worry, CWDT wont support Blood Rage, because of level requirements. And you can put CWDT+EC elsewhere. So, you need only 3 red + 1 green, which is plausible to get even on Maligaro.

Man, even if you need some evasion, WHY spend 1 aura for it? You can just drink Jade Flask whenever you need, and it will provide more than enough evasion without any investments. Sure, you wont be able to use Unvawering Stance, but at least, you'll keep ES bonus from Discipline.

And if you die from desync while killing normal mobs, the best solution is to improve your DAMAGE! When you oneshot enemies with flicker 10 times per second, it leaves very little space for desync. If you lag, you should uprade your PC and reduce texture quality. Desync usually happens when enemies move. If you kill them before they move, there will be almost no desync.
Tell me, DO YOU oneshot enemies?
And against bosses, you will care about oneshots only. Once again, evasion wont save you there.

It's a bit hard cuz I don't have an Abyssus or any piece with Armor. All of it is EV/ES, or EV, or ES. My Maligaro's is RRRB. Almost there. Using CWDT + Molten Shell + Decoy Totem + Ice Nova (or Frost Wall).

"

Why spend aura on evasion? Simple. I have 38% base chance to Evade, no nodes more than I already would get, all comes from gear. 5.3k ES. Playing and testing, Piety runs, Dominus runs and 70+ maps, was MUCH BETTER, I really mean, MUCH BETTER, using Grace and going to 51% chance to evade and 95% for projectiles, than using Discipline and gets 6.9k ES instead of 5.3k.

The combination of:
- 51% chance to Evade, 95% evade projectiles, 5.3k ES - (Grace) ****WINNER****
- 38% chance to evade, 76% evade projectiles, 6.9k ES - (Discipline)

(My Grace is still lvl 16, so...)

The desync deaths comes from flicker into a 30+ mobpack with some Shrine in the middle.
Flicker keeps going, I spent all the frenzies, run out of mana and boom, I'm actually in other side of the screen almost dying.

I oneshot almost everything, so, with 5 frenzies and 5 power charge, 95% crit chance for Flicker. 78% for LS with 700% crit damage, LS gives 23k dps I think. Not the best but I'm fine.

And about bosses, If I play smart, I don't die.
I really believe that hybrid EV/ES is a real option in this game.
IGN: ShadowBeholder
Last edited by gfwatcher on Apr 2, 2014, 1:15:33 PM
It seems you dont use CWDT+IC+ID and EC+CWDT combo. Try it (with CWDT being at pretty low level), and then make conclusions.
You think, that evade will save you always, but there are mobs, who attacks with spells, and your evasion doesnt matter against them. And if you want to stack block seriously - why dont just make an Aegis Aurora CI build?
You put increased critical strikes to flicker. Man, it's a AWFUL gem. Why do you use it? 1 link wasted!
Charging intoa huge pack is usually dangerous because of lag, not desync. Top-tier PC may help there, but not much, as it's game's innate issue. If i really cared about that, i would just use OP Aegis Aurora, as it's whe only way to counter such shit (with passive HP recovery), but it's probably quite another build....
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Hi and thanks for this great guide, it's clear and helpfull for new flicker players.

I just think you didn't mention enough the fact that this build desynch a bit, some times, very rarely.

GGG should implement a new charge btw, the frustration charge: 1 per desynch, +9% XP per charge, and this build will be quite viable maybe.

+1 for your char name :D

Lemon curry?
Tell me please, it will be fine?

I'm trying this build on ambush, 52 atm. I'm planning to CI around 60-65. Still need to get 5L armour, and all other items with ES... have nothing atm :D leveling with q20 blood rage so when I will reach CI stage I think I will be able to respec VP.

Now my build looks like that:

Fast clearing, dying even faster :D

thanks
;-)
Last edited by SolaMira on Apr 11, 2014, 2:43:05 AM
Hey, level 51 atm and having huge mana issues.
I'm using a 4L voll's with flicker->splash->multi->Increased crit damage
I have specced into mind drinker but i'm considering getting soul siphon also.

got 3.5 m/s, 168 mana, and 3 mana on kill.
Last edited by ThaKeeper on Apr 11, 2014, 1:33:03 PM
Updated for 1.2
New videos blah blah.
Msg me or ask here if you need help. IGN whisper if you want a friend.
I love you xx oo
Desync in a nutshell - http://youtu.be/1uvm3GixEj4
Will the build change significantly if i don't get Chaos Inoculation?
"
rackker wrote:
Will the build change significantly if i don't get Chaos Inoculation?

So far (level 54, haven't taken CI yet) it just seems like you'd have to try get in combat faster to leech back from the bloodrage degen, also unless you can find some chaos resist late game chaos dmg + blood rage will destroy you quickly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info