[2.0] SAM's 48K RoA/Split Arrow + Puncture/Evasion + Herald of Ash

"
linkstatic wrote:
Hi! Glad you're enjoying the build :D

I see you went the route of the Jack, which is pretty nice bar the lower survivability of not having res and more Life. Your Horror Grasp ring is by far the worst item you have, so I would upgrade that if you are looking to get more DPS. Overall pretty good gear :D

I myself prefer a bit more survivability, thus going for only 1 piece of gear that doesn't provide me Life + Res, The Blood Dance boots.

I have a Rat's Nest somewhere in my stash I could try, but that would kick me below capped resists, which I don't like :P

Evasion is powerful even with an aggressive playstyle, it's just a little bit more gear dependent in that you need lots of Life on your gear :D

Thanks for the reply!

I was worried that the DPS would be too low if I let lose the Rat's nest.

In your post you said 27K RoA, is this number from toolip reading? Because I only have 12K right now selfbuffed. But I am only lvl 78, does the last 10-15 levels make such a huge difference?

The honor grasp ring has 30% chc, should I look for more physical dmg? I still need the +int to use the blue gems.
"
WWBarb wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

In your post you said 27K RoA, is this number from toolip reading? Because I only have 12K right now selfbuffed. But I am only lvl 78, does the last 10-15 levels make such a huge difference?

The honor grasp ring has 30% chc, should I look for more physical dmg? I still need the +int to use the blue gems.

Yes, 27k tooltip reading with self buffs :) The next 10-15 levels can really boost your DPS as you go into the Crit Chance wheel up top, and possibly the Aura buff nodes next to it. With Hatred and some Weapon Elemental Damage mods on ring/belt and quiver you can boost your DPS quite a bit :D
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
"
linkstatic wrote:
"
WWBarb wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, 27k tooltip reading with self buffs :) The next 10-15 levels can really boost your DPS as you go into the Crit Chance wheel up top, and possibly the Aura buff nodes next to it. With Hatred and some Weapon Elemental Damage mods on ring/belt and quiver you can boost your DPS quite a bit :D

I got all the dps notes except the aura nodes, my self buffed RoA is 12.5K
which is less than half of 27K!! What am I doing wrong? I already feel dps is a little lacking
in lvl 72 maps...

Gears are in the previous post. I notice you do have 58% more WED on armors, I tried replacing blood magic gem with a 40% WED gem to test the dps boost and it is not that much. (with hatred on, of course)

Difference are in quality gems, they really matter, WED as you mentioned. linkstatic's quiver is insane also, and his amulet is really strong.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Difference are in quality gems, they really matter, WED as you mentioned. linkstatic's quiver is insane also, and his amulet is really strong.

Which gem matters the most as I should get 20Q on it ASAP?
"
WWBarb wrote:
"

RoA and Faster Attacks give the same 10% Attack Speed at 20Q, and Physical Projectile gives 10% more Physical damage. FA and RoA are the priority.

My crit chance is at 34.2% and my Multi is at 453% for RoA :)
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
"
linkstatic wrote:
"
WWBarb wrote:
"

RoA and Faster Attacks give the same 10% Attack Speed at 20Q, and Physical Projectile gives 10% more Physical damage. FA and RoA are the priority.

My crit chance is at 34.2% and my Multi is at 453% for RoA :)

And mine is 34.4% and 450%... why do I have only half the dmg :P ?

I think it lies in the attack speed... I tried switch WED gem in place of life leech just to check the DPS and it only increase a few thousands...

I am also missing the 26% aura bonus.

Last edited by WWBarb on Apr 3, 2014, 11:56:04 PM
Attack speed definitely gives a big boost. Also I get the secret "I am awesome" buff for well, being awesome :D

And Asian. Don't forget the Asian buff.
My Store! /108685
Last edited by linkstatic on Apr 4, 2014, 1:06:07 AM
"
linkstatic wrote:
Attack speed definitely gives a big boost. Also I get the secret "I am awesome" buff for well, being awesome :D

I am Asian too, and living 3 km away from GGG office, dont I get some kind of buff?
"
linkstatic wrote:

pffff... That's cheating!
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info