[2.0] SAM's 48K RoA/Split Arrow + Puncture/Evasion + Herald of Ash

I'm also using Maligaros along with Rat's nest and Blood dance. My health pool is at 4.7k with those 3 uniques equipped. I can get it over 5k if I use one less unique but 4.7k seems to be working ok for me. My resistances are about capped (minus chaos resists), I'm just a couple percentage points off the cap for cold resistance. If I had to choose to get rid of one unique, it'd probably be Magligaros. I just like the boots and rat's nest too much :). Here are my gear.. feel free to critique.

Your gear is awesome. A few nice tri res pieces make it a little easier on the other slots from a resistance perspective.

That being said, I have 5,379 HP and always wish I had more. I think Sam has more. You also may want to check the order of your links on CWDT. If this is viewing accurately, your IC will go off before Enduring Cry, it goes in clockwise order. You may want to swap them. Lastly, give LGOH in Split arrow a try instead of Leech. Especially with the recent leech changes really hurting Chain, it is superior.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Mar 29, 2014, 4:12:40 PM
Im curious..what you guys dps looks like? Been running a physical ranger myself doing it my own way but cant seems to find people to compared with on the new league.. So what dps do you have on your SA/frenzy ?
"
Asidra wrote:
Your gear is awesome. A few nice tri res pieces make it a little easier on the other slots from a resistance perspective.

That being said, I have 5,379 HP and always wish I had more. I think Sam has more. You also may want to check the order of your links on CWDT. If this is viewing accurately, your IC will go off before Enduring Cry, it goes in clockwise order. You may want to swap them. Lastly, give LGOH in Split arrow a try instead of Leech. Especially with the recent leech changes really hurting Chain, it is superior.

You know I never knew about the clockwise order of CWDT. Thanks for the tip lol. I'll give LGOH a try with SA. Thanks again!
"
durew wrote:
I'm wondering why you take the 8/8/20% accuracy nodes, instead of taking the 20/20 bow accuracy nodes on the wheel of 6 just to the left of that? Seeing as we already took 4 of that wheel

Reposting since I didn't see an answer yet! Also, the 20% accuracy node at the start of ranger instead of the 8/8/20 wheel?
True, there's a tree optimization here.
Anyway, that much accuracy may not be needed. One should first get some nice accuracy boost on helm and/or jewelery to get 88-89% chance to hit without any of these nodes. Take one 20% and chance to hit will probably be in 90+.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
stingrayz wrote:
I am using your build and loving it. I just recently switched to split arrow instead of RoA. I found my clear speed on maps to be much better with split arrow linked with chain.

I also love the blood dance boots. I didn't think about using it until I saw one of your videos. I managed to get a perfect pair for relatively cheap and the uptime on frenzy is high. That 30% makes a difference.

Have you considered using Rat's nest helm? awesome helm with the extra run speed and attack speed and not to mention up to 75% increased global critical strike chance.

Indeed, as Asidra has mentioned I have only space for 1 non-defensive piece and that would be The Blood Dance. Any more gear switches would lead me to have below cap resists as well as too little Life to be comfortable.

Currently I have about 5.5k Life :D

"
durew wrote:
"
durew wrote:
I'm wondering why you take the 8/8/20% accuracy nodes, instead of taking the 20/20 bow accuracy nodes on the wheel of 6 just to the left of that? Seeing as we already took 4 of that wheel

Reposting since I didn't see an answer yet! Also, the 20% accuracy node at the start of ranger instead of the 8/8/20 wheel?

Ah yes, I've made some changes to that now. Took the singular 20% at the start instead of 3 on the wheel. Put the 2 extra points into Aura nodes, although Evasion nodes are nearby and you can go there too should you need more :D
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
Quick update:

Got a bit bored about RoA lately. Therefore specced out of Point Blank and into Arcing Blows.

All you need to do is to re-color your 6L to: RRGGGG to run BM-LGOH-LA-Chain-LMP-PPAD (or Faster Attacks).

LGOH works much better than LL with LA.

All works fine. This build is good for multiple skills.

Experimented a bit with Alpha's Howl and Charisma. Running 3 60% Auras at +2Level is really good.
IGN: MyrcellaMartell
Hi I just want to take time to thank Sam for this guide.

This is the first time I truely feel powerful in late game after playing for about a month.

I got lucky on 6L the bow and the Carcass I bought for dirty cheap.

Getting 3R on evasion based armor was painful but after the CWDT combo is setup, physical reflect became kind of a joke. Now I just rush into huge group of mobs and just RoA away and watch them all die in a few secs. I feel more tanky than my lvl 81 max block marauder!

Note: I tried IR at some point and even at 8k armor it still sucks because you get hit ALL THE TIME! and get stun-locked by large group of archers easily. For this build evasion is far far better.

Here is my gear, 4500hp at lvl 75. Where is the place that needs the most improvement?

Last edited by WWBarb on Apr 2, 2014, 7:16:37 AM
Hi! Glad you're enjoying the build :D

I see you went the route of the Jack, which is pretty nice bar the lower survivability of not having res and more Life. Your Horror Grasp ring is by far the worst item you have, so I would upgrade that if you are looking to get more DPS. Overall pretty good gear :D

I myself prefer a bit more survivability, thus going for only 1 piece of gear that doesn't provide me Life + Res, The Blood Dance boots.

I have a Rat's Nest somewhere in my stash I could try, but that would kick me below capped resists, which I don't like :P

Evasion is powerful even with an aggressive playstyle, it's just a little bit more gear dependent in that you need lots of Life on your gear :D
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info