Forum troll behavior explained...

I got booted from Blow for not joining some stupid free forum.
I wonder if you have to post there 10 times a day not to get kicked as well.
Is it just me, or is this the most obvious "news" ever? After all, the definition of troll is: "a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion." Wouldn't the natural conclusion be that only a minority of such discord would be accidental, and thus the majority would be, by definition, sadistic?

Although perhaps I'm just too familiar with trolls myself for this to surprise me.
GUILD: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545434
THE CASE FOR "EARS": pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/860384
AN ALTERNATIVE TO ORBS: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/540123
GIVE BETTER FEEDBACK! watch Extra Credits: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/402369
Trolling is larger than just being "sadistic".
Selling logs: /view-thread/782113(very high speed)
Rhys epic times : view-thread/780247
I think maybe trolling means different things to different people. Not all trolls are about making people miserable, some trolls can provide people with great enjoyment. Just depends on the troll.
"
Not all trolls are about making people miserable, some trolls can provide people with great enjoyment.
I attribute that to second-hand schadenfreude.
GUILD: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545434
THE CASE FOR "EARS": pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/860384
AN ALTERNATIVE TO ORBS: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/540123
GIVE BETTER FEEDBACK! watch Extra Credits: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/402369
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 12, 2014 7:49 AM
Trolling= Pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.?

But for what purpose?

A troll can send a message, he can help others go to a direction. The question is what direction?

If the purpose is good = you can't define trolling by simply being sadistic!
Saying trolling is simply sadistic
is equally intelligent as
saying locking threads is simply sadistic.
"
Completed 1 ChallengeScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Not all trolls are about making people miserable, some trolls can provide people with great enjoyment.

Nono, I mean, sometimes even being trolled can be a lot of fun. Imagine if something was very boring and someone trolled you into thinking it was something exciting, you would end up excited instead of bored. That wouldn't be sadistic on the part of the troll.
"
"
Completed 1 ChallengeScrotieMcB wrote:
"

Nono, I mean, sometimes even being trolled can be a lot of fun. Imagine if something was very boring and someone trolled you into thinking it was something exciting, you would end up excited instead of bored. That wouldn't be sadistic on the part of the troll.

d4162f63085c9757f00e332863994a0f
[quote="Wynrotar"]
HOW MANY CANS OF WTF JUST HAPPEND HERE?
"
I agree to a large degree that one needs to be a true sadist to enjoy 'trolling' that just ruins things for others.

I am definitely not that, and never will be, which is why I reject the label 'troll' just because I like to tease things occasionally and REALLY can't stand idiots who think they're anything but.

I believe a troll wants to ruin others' fun just for that reason. I find it abhorrent behaviour.

i dunno, BMBI is a troll basically and he seems pretty normal to me,

i really dont mind "trolls" at all as long as they're funny and inventive, it only ruins fun when its not one of those 2 things.

When its some 13 year old moron making posts trying to get people angry then laughing alone in his room cause he managed to make a few people from the other side of the world hate his guts, then yeah thats pretty sadistic and ridiculous
If any of you old CB players are returning and looking for a guild we've got the CB guild up and running, just PM me to invite you.

The highest level char in CB, WytchfinderGeneral, double vaal solo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMqWlYDxm8Q

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info