[Release] Path of Exile Item Info Script - Affix Breakdown and More (Version 1.8.6)

just posting a thank you for this awesome script. More people should!
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
Is there a way to change it so you do not need to use ctrl-c? Or is it built in to use the ctr-c to get item data values? If this could be changed in a future version I would love it so much :)
Alright, so after downloading the GGG standalone version of PoE. I still cannot get this to work. I did download the installer for AHK so I think that maybe I need to download one of the separate versions (Uni or ANSI.)

EDIT: Tried launching the script with the different versions of AHK. I still don't get a tooltip in-game with the information. All it does is copy the information to the clipboard where I then have to paste it into a notepad document.

Weird.
Last edited by Rotguine on Mar 12, 2014, 4:21:08 PM
"
somadude1 wrote:
"
Talismannn wrote:
Well it looks good..but I can't get it to work.

Is there a link somewhere to tell you exactly how to set it up please. Maybe a short video.

I've got the autohotkey thing..and the dowloaded files...

So put the entire directory of the downloaded files into the autohotkey folder...nada..

Thats where I'm stuck...what now lol.

What worked for me is close Autohotkey, open your directory and double click POE-ItemInfo file...

That worked. Thanks

I also found that I need to run POE in fullscreen window mode rather than fullscreen. Or the game over-rules being put into 'background' mode for the script to show up front. It was working, but was behind the game so was not showing onscreen.

up to now its looking great. Thanks for the hard work on this. Appreciated

hmm I wonder if its possible to colour code some of these, So ie. A max mod would show up as red, or a legacy stat would show up in a similar way.

I used to play with these scripts in the old d2 (badddd girl) bot days...I might have a tweek and see lol.

No...no bot, just the scripts to play with.

Another idea on this script is to code it for vendor shards. So when you pick up things in runs, you can check how many of what shards you would get from vendor for it...tells you if its a drop or keep. I always forget which gives which so would be handy.

Last edited by Talismannn on Mar 12, 2014, 6:29:46 PM
"
Rotguine wrote:
Alright, so after downloading the GGG standalone version of PoE. I still cannot get this to work. I did download the installer for AHK so I think that maybe I need to download one of the separate versions (Uni or ANSI.)

EDIT: Tried launching the script with the different versions of AHK. I still don't get a tooltip in-game with the information. All it does is copy the information to the clipboard where I then have to paste it into a notepad document.

Weird.

And you are sure all the data files the script needs are present? Specifically the "data" dir that came with the script must be present in the same location as the script file itself.

If you are launching the script file via a shortcut from your desktop be sure to set the "Execute in" line in the shortcut's properties to the directory where script and "data" dir actually reside.
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790438 | IGN: Sadou
Last edited by hazydoc on Mar 12, 2014, 6:38:06 PM
"
conall88 wrote:
just posting a thank you for this awesome script. More people should!

Thank you :)
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

i love it

thx
ign : bzaang
"
Talismannn wrote:

hmm I wonder if its possible to colour code some of these, So ie. A max mod would show up as red, or a legacy stat would show up in a similar way.

Another idea on this script is to code it for vendor shards. So when you pick up things in runs, you can check how many of what shards you would get from vendor for it...tells you if its a drop or keep. I always forget which gives which so would be handy.

Glad you got it running.

Nice ideas. I have no idea about color text for the tooltip. My gut says that it isn't possible without some indepth hackery but I will have to look into it.

As for the latter, also nice idea but it won't be easy. It will be easy for recipes such as 6 affixes = 1 Augmentation orb but I have no idea how number of Alteration/Alchemy shards are determined. If it isn't on the PoE wiki we will have to reverse engineer the algorithm. On quick glance it looks to me like it's based on affix type and affix bracket/tier.

I will consider it if someone can tell me the exact vendor recipe rules for Alt/Alch shards.

Last edited by hazydoc on Mar 12, 2014, 6:45:49 PM
"
hazydoc wrote:
"
Talismannn wrote:

Glad you got it running.

Nice ideas. I have no idea about color text for the tooltip. My gut says that it isn't possible without some indepth hackery but I will have to look into it.

As for the latter, also nice idea but it won't be easy. It will be easy for recipes such as 6 affixes = 1 Augmentation orb but I have no idea how number of Alteration/Alchemy shards are determined. If it isn't on the PoE wiki we will have to reverse engineer the algorithm. On quick glance it looks to me like it's based on affix type and affix bracket/tier.

I will consider it if someone can tell me the exact vendor recipe rules for Alt/Alch shards.

I would think that for a script of this nature that 'the G-team' may give you that info if you asked for it. I'm fairly sure its not going to be a state secret as its not directly related to game coding and could be worked out easily over time. It would take a lot of time to work it all out though, and would involve vendoring each item and noting down tiers and stats etc to find the next lvl of shards given.

I do however think that majority of it is already in the vendor recipe wiki.

As to the colours. I think it would involve coding the colour on each tier, but unsure on how to make it show that ie...t2 is max on that item due to ilvl. My coding skills are only mediocre at best.

As far as I'm aware. To code the colour, you would end one line with a colour change, then end the next line with a revert to default. That way your not interfering with the start of line code.
"
hazydoc wrote:
"
Rotguine wrote:

Weird.

And you are sure all the data files the script needs are present? Specifically the "data" dir that came with the script must be present in the same location as the script file itself.

If you are launching the script file via a shortcut from your desktop be sure to set the "Execute in" line in the shortcut's properties to the directory where script and "data" dir actually reside.

Yeah, the script and associated files are all on my desktop. Double clicked the script and got the POE symbol with no errors. When I hover over my weapon in-game and press Ctrl + C it does nothing except copy the data, but no tooltip shows up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info