[Release] Path of Exile Item Info Script - Affix Breakdown and More (Version 1.8.6)

I switched to windowed mode to give this a try and I don't think I'm ever going back; it's just too useful. Especially now that I have some spare currency to start caring about affix ranges.

Also glad you two decided to merge your projects; I was going to ask what's the difference between them but looks like that's sorted now. ;)

One suggestions: uniques have fixed and variable ranges on their mods, maybe those could be marked somehow?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Mar 12, 2014, 2:58:41 AM
"
holocaustus wrote:
I switched to windowed mode to give this a try and I don't think I'm ever going back; it's just too useful. Especially now that I have some spare currency to start caring about affix ranges.

Also glad you two decided to merge your projects; I was going to ask what's the difference between them but looks like that's sorted now. ;)

One suggestions: uniques have fixed and variable ranges on their mods, maybe those could be marked somehow?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add it to the list.

It will have low priority for a bit though.
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/790438 | IGN: Sadou
Just downloaded and I keep getting an error when trying to run the script.

I've tried both the bleeding edge version, and the PoE-Item-Info-v1.7.2-hazydoc.zip version.
The error it gives me:

"
Error at line 1.

Line Text: ÿÞ;
Error: This line does not contain a recognized action.

The program will exit.

My version of ahk making trouble or?
Well it looks good..but I can't get it to work.

Is there a link somewhere to tell you exactly how to set it up please. Maybe a short video.

I've got the autohotkey thing..and the dowloaded files...

So put the entire directry of the downloaded files into the autohotkey folder...nada..

Thats where I'm stuck...what now lol.
"
Talismannn wrote:

Is there a link somewhere to tell you exactly how to set it up please. Maybe a short video.

So put the entire directory of the downloaded files into the autohotkey folder...nada..

What worked for me is close Autohotkey, open your directory and double click POE-ItemInfo file...
"
fiw7 wrote:
Just downloaded and I keep getting an error when trying to run the script.

I've tried both the bleeding edge version, and the PoE-Item-Info-v1.7.2-hazydoc.zip version.
The error it gives me:

"
Error at line 1.

Line Text: ÿÞ;
Error: This line does not contain a recognized action.

The program will exit.

My version of ahk making trouble or?

Yes, I had that error when I used the script with a really old AHK version that can't read Unicode encoded scripts. Old AHK versions need the script to be encoded as ANSI.

You will need a more recent version of AHK or if you have a text editor that is capable of text file encoding conversions try saving the script in a different encoding - for example converting from Unicode to ANSI.
PoE Item Info tooltip script - reveal detailed affix breakdown for any rare or unique!

"
Talismannn wrote:

So put the entire directory of the downloaded files into the autohotkey folder...nada..

Steps to run the script:

If you don't already have AutoHotkey installed:

0) download AutoHotkey from ahkscript.org and run the downloaded AutoHotkey setup program.

(installing AutoHotkey should make it so that you can then just double click any file with extension .ahk and the installed AutoHotkey version will run it)

1) Download latest script version
2) Extract the downloaded script's ZIP archive to a destination of your choosing
3) Go to wherever you extracted the script's archive and find a file called "PoE-Item-Info.ahk". Double click it to launch it.
4) If a black and white Path of Exile logo icon appears in your Windows system tray the script is running
5) Done. Enjoy!

Last edited by hazydoc on Mar 12, 2014, 1:24:02 PM
So I downloaded AHK from the site, (Downloaded the installer) got it installed and then ran the script which is downloaded into my desktop. I get the black PoE symbol in the system tray just fine.

Then I load up Steam and fire up PoE. I'm playing in Windowed Fullscreen mode by the way. I hover over something in my inventory and hit Ctrl+C and nothing shows up at all.

Is this not compatible with the steam version of the game maybe?
"
Rotguine wrote:
So I downloaded AHK from the site, (Downloaded the installer) got it installed and then ran the script which is downloaded into my desktop. I get the black PoE symbol in the system tray just fine.

Then I load up Steam and fire up PoE. I'm playing in Windowed Fullscreen mode by the way. I hover over something in my inventory and hit Ctrl+C and nothing shows up at all.

That's a good question. I must admit I have no idea.

I am not playing on Steam so maybe anyone else who does can confirm the script does or does not work with Steam currently?

The way the script is activated is that it monitors changes to the clipboard. When you hit CTRL+C in PoE the game puts a textual representation of the item you hovered over onto the clipboard. This works so without the script by the way.

So as soon as the clipboard is changed by PoE the script should detect it and become active. I have no idea why the steam version doesn't do this. You say you already play in a windowed mode so it clearly must be something else.

Does the Steam version of PoE use a different clipboard, does Steam restrict clipboard changes in any way? Well I don't have an answer yet, sorry.

Last edited by hazydoc on Mar 12, 2014, 2:08:15 PM
"
hazydoc wrote:
"
Rotguine wrote:

That's a good question. I must admit I have no idea.

I am not playing on Steam so maybe anyone else who does can confirm the script does or does not work with Steam currently?

The way the script is activated is that it monitors changes to the clipboard. When you hit CTRL+C in PoE the game puts a textual representation of the item you hovered over onto the clipboard. This works so without the script by the way.

So as soon as the clipboard is changed by PoE the script should detect it and become active. I have no idea why the steam version doesn't do this. You say you already play in a windowed mode so it clearly must be something else.

Does the Steam version of PoE use a different clipboard, does Steam restrict clipboard changes in any way? Well I don't have an answer yet, sorry.

I'm not entirely sure, I'm going to download the standalone version of the game and try it out. If I manage to get it working then it must be something on the steam version of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info