[1.1.0] Long range ele spec throw 5x aura scion - combine mobility of melee with range of bow!

Updated spec to conform to 1.1.0.
I like general idea of the build, but came up with two ideas.
First - why don't you take Iron Grip keystone, since it will cost you only one piont (you pass right next to it on the way to Unweavering a further).
And second, I will reconsider taking Ballistic Mastery - I started using it on FP witch, and it is a big deal.
I changed your build a little and came up with idea of this skill setup:

It will give you more range for ST, more damage and probably more hp. I dropped 2 nodes with effect of auras in the Templar area, but probably thay can be traded for 2 od sword dmg/hp nodes in Duellist or Marauder area.
"
Jaalib wrote:
I like general idea of the build, but came up with two ideas.
First - why don't you take Iron Grip keystone, since it will cost you only one piont (you pass right next to it on the way to Unweavering a further).
And second, I will reconsider taking Ballistic Mastery - I started using it on FP witch, and it is a big deal.
I changed your build a little and came up with idea of this skill setup:

It will give you more range for ST, more damage and probably more hp. I dropped 2 nodes with effect of auras in the Templar area, but probably thay can be traded for 2 od sword dmg/hp nodes in Duellist or Marauder area.

You're spot on about Iron Grip. Prior to 1.1.0 you'd have to spend one extra skill point to get to it, but now it's immediately available. One thing though - it's pretty useless for purely elemental weapons (the ones with 3x ele rolls), since the phys damage base would be to small to see a noticeable increase in damage. It would work fine with hybrid 1h weapons like the one I'm currently using.

Your other suggestion may or may not be as good. The reason is that you will have less life with that, plus you dropped the Shaper notable, which is usually pretty important for the build both due to providing extra mana regen to sustain your attacks, and by also providing a small but nice life regen, which is enough to make running chaos damage maps a non-issue (you'd have to keep attacking constantly otherwise).

However, they are still both solid suggestions, and I'll play around with them.
OK, update on Iron Grip and Ballistic Mastery:

IG added 300 dps to my 11.7k dps ST, BM added 430 dps.

I've lost 25 mana regen/sec and all life regen.

With IG it's possible to also redistribute 2x passives freed form 2x10 str nodes towards, say 1% life regen node +another life node, making life total higher, while increasing dps and retaining life regen.

On the other hand, going for BM doesn't seem all that valuable.
Yes, I have dropped Shaper, buy on the other hand I took Path of the warrion from Scion area, wich should upgrade your overall life.
Also you're not losing all hp regen, you still have Golems Blood from Duelists area wich grants 1,5% per second, and with more physical damage you should leech more life from your attacks. Also two nodes with 1% life regen each are easily accesible in Teplar in Duellist area.
Also, i woul'd like your opinion od dropping that life regen and taking new Vaal Pact, which on one hand cuts your leech by 60%, but on the other allows you to use life flasks.
Last edited by Jaalib on Mar 9, 2014, 2:31:51 PM
"
Jaalib wrote:
Yes, I have dropped Shaper, buy on the other hand I took Path of the warrion from Scion area, wich should upgrade your overall life.
Also you're not losing all hp regen, you still have Golems Blood from Duelists area wich grants 1,5% per second, and with more physical damage you should leech more life from your attacks. Also two nodes with 1% life regen each are easily accesible in Teplar in Duellist area.
Also, i woul'd like your opinion od dropping that life regen and taking new Vaal Pact, which on one hand cuts your leech by 60%, but on the other allows you to use life flasks.

You're spot on about Golem's Blood! I totally forgot about it, since it's actually an 1.1.0 addition.

So, yeah, one could drop Shaper + 2x str nodes + 1x 6% life node leading to it, and get better nodes elsewhere. Just mind the mana sustain issues that might arise.

Regarding VP - I'm not sure about it. It might a good tradeoff if you feel you're not leeching enough life back, but I've done a couple of 73-75 map runs post-1.1.0 and I can definitely say that I still leech life back well enough without VP.

I haven't met any ele reflect mobs though, so the question to whether VP is any good for the build stands open. I'd only take VP if it turns out that post-1.1.0 my life leech can't sustain my life pool versus even small-mid-sized ele reflect packs. I've never had any problems with those prior to 1.1.0, and for big (10-15+ mobs hit at the same time) ele reflect packs and ele reflect maps the build uses an additional LGoH gem anyway (instead of WED, as per guide).

At this stage I'd rather keep life regen. I don't use (life) flasks much anyway, they're mostly there for debuff removal effect.

Going for Path of the Warrior doesn't seem good for me post-1.1.0, due to how life nodes leading to it were nerfed. So, I'd rather take other, better life nodes elsewhere. +12% to phys damage also isn't that much help for the build, really.

I'll play around with Shaper option some more then.
Ok, seems that going for PotW + Iron Grip is about the best option available if one drops Shaper notable.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAB8pc7KJtdA5aomm49WlJgQ0rIgwluqkZxb5618uGIykqpbjWSHarDOngNbEaI8Zu1Vi2-ilivcmwZiqx_Adw26DIJ-wmkGa-iOlL22hv6EPAOPBqPJd9Co5_LFHGE2XYI-OtuaWVN6hi-p8S4R373MkSB0k3V-HKp8YrAD6yqfNknT1nzwBq2QZBVZp5OKqeE-tIppRo4Fy826ew4ZOeG0SSq42pX4lXWJLAZhXflMomApBpsBLPz3RRNogDwHx0Uj0bQ0M9lVcYWb5uhZ73ub9XtapNY21Pfm4Osr4TvdO1672BLBS3-j03jplcxnjJ-

This way you'll actually have a little more life and good deal more physical damage (a decent hybrid 1h becomes a prerequisite then, though. Not much use out of that phys damage if you don't have a decent base damage).
How do you sustain your mana?
"
Zyphro wrote:
How do you sustain your mana?

As explained in the guide - purely by Clarty, magnified my a big increased aura effectiveness buff from passives and by increased mana regen from passives and gear.
Really nice guide. Can I ask, have yoiu ttied with Wake of Destruction? I love these boots.

Is the DPS increase worth the drop in survivability?
IGN: Munkehboi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info