[1.1.0] Long range ele spec throw 5x aura scion - combine mobility of melee with range of bow!

"
Munkehboi wrote:
Really nice guide. Can I ask, have yoiu ttied with Wake of Destruction? I love these boots.

Is the DPS increase worth the drop in survivability?

Thanks.

I've never tried WoD for several reasons. By the time I could afford to get a pair, my DPS was quite good already, while on the other hand I really needed more life (and I still do feel somewhat squishy :P) and resists, not to mention move speed.

In this regard, WoD is a fairly sub-optimal choice in my opinion, though you can always trry one yourself :). The chance to flee is also pretty interesting, considering how often the build hits mobs and therefore has a very high chance to make them flee.
How much DpS does Hatred grant?
Looking at the screen you only do 180-500 cold, with a part of this coming from the weapon affix.

Hatred adds 35% of your physical damage.
Which is about (50+200)/2 *0,35 = 125*0,35 = ~45 cold damage (multiplied with WED modifiers)

Wouldn't another aura be more beneficial? iE Haste, Determination?

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Mar 12, 2014, 8:24:08 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
How much DpS does Hatred grant?
Looking at the screen you only do 180-500 cold, with a part of this coming from the weapon affix.

Hatred adds 35% of your physical damage.
Which is about (50+200)/2 *0,35 = 125*0,35 = ~45 cold damage (multiplied with WED modifiers)

Wouldn't another aura be more beneficial? iE Haste, Determination?

Here's a breakdown of my current damage for you:
2340 dps without auras.
6123 dps with lvl22 anger.
10659 dps with lvl22 wrath on top of that.
11693 dps with lvl21 hatred on top of that - a 1000 dps increase.
11965 dps with lvl22 haste instead of hatred - that's actually what I usually run atm if I want to be mode defensive. Still, it isn't a huge increase in dps.
13125 dps with 3x ele auras + haste - my "offensive" set-up.

I suppose you could ditch a mere 1k dps increase for a good armor boost with determination, but, really, my armor is already 16k with Grace, so I don't really need another boost here.
Last edited by T_Reich on Mar 12, 2014, 3:08:55 PM
"
T_Reich wrote:

11693 dps with lvl21 hatred on top of that - a 100 dps increase.

That's what I thought.
This is just not worth it. It's fewer than a 1% overall increase in damage output. Not taking into consideration monster elemental resists.

Take any other aura.
It doesn't matter. I know. But this one seems pretty useless.

Or you could run Grace+Anger+Wrath in your Alpha's Howl.
And use another shield with a Clarity+BM gem in it (as you then don't need this unique at all).

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
T_Reich wrote:

11693 dps with lvl21 hatred on top of that - a 100 dps increase.

That's what I thought.
This is just not worth it. It's fewer than a 1% overall increase in damage output. Not taking into consideration monster elemental resists.

Take any other aura.
It doesn't matter. I know. But this one seems pretty useless.

Or you could run Grace+Anger+Wrath in your Alpha's Howl.
And use another shield with a Clarity+BM gem in it (as you then don't need this unique at all).

Hey, sorry, I made a typo - it's 1k dps increase , not 100 :D. Ofc I woldn't bother with it if it only provided 100 dps.
"
T_Reich wrote:
"
Munkehboi wrote:
Really nice guide. Can I ask, have yoiu ttied with Wake of Destruction? I love these boots.

Is the DPS increase worth the drop in survivability?

Thanks.

I've never tried WoD for several reasons. By the time I could afford to get a pair, my DPS was quite good already, while on the other hand I really needed more life (and I still do feel somewhat squishy :P) and resists, not to mention move speed.

In this regard, WoD is a fairly sub-optimal choice in my opinion, though you can always trry one yourself :). The chance to flee is also pretty interesting, considering how often the build hits mobs and therefore has a very high chance to make them flee.

I will try them if I can and let you know. The increase in DPS should be substanial and proc shock more (maybe?). The chance to flee mod may be able to take mob pressure off you and +10-20 life gained on kill can help with the nerf to life leech. Coupled with the added lightning damage from thuderfists could be awesome.
IGN: Munkehboi
Hello!
I have a question... where does Prism Guardian drop? Piety, Dominus or only maps ? And if its maps. what level maps?
BTW Thank you for this guide -)
"
DrRaven900 wrote:
Hello!
I have a question... where does Prism Guardian drop? Piety, Dominus or only maps ? And if its maps. what level maps?
BTW Thank you for this guide -)

Prism Guardian can drop anywhere an Archon Shield (the item base) can drop - lvl68 mobs or higher.

It can't drop from Piety, as she's too low level for it. It can drop from Dominus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info