[1.1.0] Long range ele spec throw 5x aura scion - combine mobility of melee with range of bow!

Hello fellow exiles!

This is the guilde for the elemental-based long-range spectral throw 1h + shiled scion spec that I've been using throughout the Domination league, which has allowed me to do virtually all the end-game content solo in a relatively fun way and also without resorting to buying ridiculously expensive stuff to be playable. Therefore, I've decided to share my build with the rest of the players.

I hope you will find it interesting enough to give it a try :). I will try to update the build with as much relevant info as possible, as well as answer any questions you might have.

About the build + how to play:
Spoiler

The core of the build is spectral throw attack with LMP for AOE capability and Faster Projectiles for a very often overlooked comfort and fun factor that actually makes this build stand out somewhat from the other ST-centric builds (more on that later).

The weapon of choice is 1-handed elemental damage high base attack speed sword (usually a rapier or corsair sword) with shield for extra layer of defence. 5x auras are utilised for both the huge DPS boost and for some utility and extra defense.

N.B.: This is a RANGED build, its focus is on long-range attacks and kiting! It's not particularly suited for getting up close and personal with mobs and can in fact be pretty fragile when it comes to melee range. Caution is advised.

Why faster projectiles?
The core gem at the centre of the build is Faster Projectiles support gem. It completely changes how the build works compared to other ST builds. First of all, even lvl1 FP allows ST to hit targets at the edge of the screen. Lvl 15+ FP allows to hit targets as far as two screens away, making the build play very similar to bow builds!

What does that mean? That means you will often engage, damage and destroy enemies before they notice you, and ofthen - before YOU see them as well! There's a great pleasure in engaging a group of mobs with FP-augmented ST only to find a group of corpeses a couple of screens away later :). In addition to that, FP acts as a defensive gem of sorts: without FP, ST user is forced to get pretty close to the mobs in order to damage them with projectiles, risking taking damage. With FP, you're free of such restriction - you can attack the emobs as soon as you see them, sometimes even before that! And as they run towards you, your ST projectiles start to returen to you, hitting the surviving mobs in their backs, essentially ending the fight before it even started.

However, unlike bow-users, you're using a melee weapon, and here you gain a very solid advantage in form of Leap Slam! Mobs got too close for comfort? Leap away quickly and see them run towards you, only to die to ST projectiles that are coming back to you! Need to reposition yourself to better cover mob pack with projectiles? No need to hastily run - just leap to the desired spot! Or you can jump on the inaccessible ledge to punish the stupid melee mobs that can't get to you now :P.

A lot of otherwise boss fights become a joke. Brutus giving you trouble? Just leap away and let him follow you while being hit by ST projectiles in the back! Piety's lightning storm giving you trouble? Leap away and keep attacking her? Lightning ball hitting you because you're too close to her when attacking? No more! Just fling ST projectiles in her general direction and see her die! Temple/Shrine piety is a joke for this build. Scared of Shock And Horror? I've killed it without ever seeing the boss or the totems! Jungle Valley spider nightmare? Soloed that too. Etc, etc...

The build becomes fairly gear-intensive in the late game since it requires certain uniques to function properly in its final form, not to mention that certain types of WED gear are usually pretty pricey (jewelry mostly).

This build can solo (or party) all the game content, including high maps.

This build is also totally possible to do from scratch. I've been playing this build since the start of Domination league and I managed to get everything I needed through smart purchasing and selling loot I find, nothing else. I mostly played solo except for some 70+ maps for better loot. I've build up my 75+ map pool running maps solo.

Endgame DPS - anywhere from around 5-6k to 7-8k up to 10k and beyond depending on your gear and level. MY current gear, gems and stats can be seen below for reference.

This build scales heavily off your weapon (APS and raw ele dps), jewelry (WED and flat ele damage), quality of gems (most of support gems linked with ST provide attack speed as their quality bonus) and of course from increased aura effect nodes.

A quick note on 1.0.6 to 1.1.0 transition changes.
Spoiler

ST's base damage past lvl has been buffed by 1% per level, up to 5% extra base damage at lvl 20 - that's a very good buff in fact.
Scion's wheel of life nerf was pretty harsh on this build due to life loss - expect less life overall.
Pathing from duelist to templar past mara part of the tree has been changed, and as such several changes have been made: it now takes a couple more passives to get to RT than before, but now you also get easy acces to 2x more aura nodes.
Mana regen node at scion start has also been nerfed, and as such, is no longer worth taking - I've put the spare point elsewhere.

The end result of the new patch - expect to have less life but more DPS. Personally, I've got a 2K dps boost on ST and lost 500 life, but that's also because I took a couple of extra aura nodes instead of life nodes. I also got a good deal of extra unreserved mana due to that.

In general - I'm more or less satisfied with the changes, though it's a bit of a mixed bag.

Screenshots with build stats (1.1.0):
Spectral throw tooltip DPS

Double strike tooltip DPS

General stats + offence tab for ST

Defense tab stats

Life and mana

Pre-1.1.0 Screenshots with build stats, for comparison:
Spoiler
Spectral throw tooltip DPS

Double strike tooltip DPS

General stats + offence tab for ST

Defense tab stats

Life and mana

Passive tree (120 points)

Total passive bonuses
Spoiler

* Iron Reflexes: Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour. Dexterity provides no bonus to Evasion Rating
* Resolute Technique: Your hits can't be Evaded, Never deal Critical Strikes
* Unwavering Stance: Cannot Evade enemy Attacks, Cannot be Stunned
+110 to Dexterity
+120 to Intelligence
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
+270 to Strength
+30 to maximum Life
6% additional Chance to Block with Shields
20% chance to Shock
52% increased Armour
53% increased Attack Speed
6% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons
6% increased Cast Speed
20% increased Defences from equipped Shield
3% increased Effect of Buffs on You
40% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
64% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
120% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
8% increased Melee Physical Damage
6% increased Movement Speed
52% increased Physical Damage with One Handed Melee Weapons
24% increased Physical Damage with Swords
24% increased Projectile Damage
24% increased Radius of Auras
20% increased Shock Duration on enemies
52% increased effect of Auras you Cast
228% increased maximum Life
56% increased maximum Mana
2.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
41% reduced Mana Reserved
+12% to Chaos Resistance
+10% to all Elemental Resistances
+2% to maximum Cold Resistance
+2% to maximum Fire Resistance
+2% to maximum Lightning Resistance

Build progression
Spoiler

Simply open 120-points passive tree (see above) and take the passives in the following order.
1. Sentinel, berserking, steel skin, master of the arena, 2x life, mana flows, acceleration, leather and steel, testudo, iron reflexes, unwavering stance (lvl34-ish)
2. 2 sword dmg and life, resolute technique, 2x 1h dmg and life, athleticism, catalyse, discipline and training (lvl50-ish)
3. Holy strength, purity of flesh, static blows + chance to shock, sovereignty (lvl63-ish)
4. Harrier, charisma, mana geyser, reduced mana reservation at leadership, reduced mana reservation at unwavering stance, elemental adaptation (lvl80-ish)

Bandits - kill 'em all. The build is pretty tight with skill points, and bandtis do not provide real big benefits to it compared to getting an extra SP early. Although, if you're so inclined, you could help Oak on normal (+40 life) and Kraityn on cruel (+8% attack speed). Kill all on merciless.

At lvl 80-85, the core build is complete, and you can distribute the remaining skill points as you see fit between remaining passives in the 120-point tree.

Passive tree (100 points, lvl 80)

Skill Gems
Spoiler

Attacks:
Spectral Throw + LMP + Faster Projectiles + WED + Life Leech + (Faster Attacks) = GGGRR(G) - you may fiddle with the 5L orfer a bit - replace WED with faster attacks for example.
Double Strike + WED + Multistrike + Faster Attacks = GRRR

Utility:
Leap Slam + Faster Attacks = GR
Summon Skeletons + Enfeeble + Cast When Damage Taken(lvl1) = RBB
Devouring Totem = R
Elemental Weakness = B

Auras:
Wrath + Anger + Haste/Hatred + Reduced Mana = RRGB – in Alpha’s Howl
Grace + Clarity + Reduced Mana = RGB – in Prism Guardian

If you don't have Prism Guardian, run these 3x auras - Wrath + Anger + Clarity. Haste/Hatred + Grace are extras.

Extra supports (keep on swap):
2x Mana Leech - for half/no regen maps, swap with faster attacks.
Life gain on hit - for ele reflect maps, swap with WED in ST only.

Notes on gem links:
!!!Majority of required support gems will be received as quest rewards as you play scion. Very limited gem purchases may be required later on.

Support gems in ST and double strike are listed in order of decreasing priority. Life leech in ST is for 6-link if you can afford one. Having said that, life leech support on ST increases this build's survivability A LOT, and as such, I recommend you get at least Tabula Rasa for that.

Additionally, all the green gems in ST link provide increased attack speed as their quality bonus. Therefore, if you were patient enough to level the gems to lvl20 and then upgrade the using the vendor recipe, you would soon see a good increase in your DPS at this stage.

Double strike is used as a strong single-target attack. Its tooltip DPS will usually be 2,5x times the tooltip DPS of ST. I use if against single mobs that got in melee range with me, including easy map bosses. It's obviously not advised to use DS against hard-hitting melee or ranged rares/uniques, better use ST for them.

Devouring totem is amazing when you need to sustain yourself in some drawn-out battles or in half-regen maps. And it's great for refreshing yoursekf in between fights, of course :).

Clarity aura is very important for this build due to high mana drain of ST and low available mana pool left after aura reservation. With enough % increased mana on gear and passives, Clarity will usually solve the mana sustain problem for this build. Until then, generous use of mana flasks is advised.

Haste is preferred to hatred since it will always provide more DPS than hatred, but if you get a good hybrid phys/ele weapon (check my sword in gear section below for example), hatred can provide comparable DPS increase. Also, haste will increase mana drain per minute from using ST, and that could put a serious strain on your mana pool even despite using clarity.

Leap Slam is VERY important for this build. If you want to have higher survivability, you must learn to leap away from incoming mobs occasionally, throwing a few more volleys towards them and then retreating further. Also, it's much faster for repositioning self to get better attacking positions.

Summon skeletons in CwDT are pretty important since they're amazing at drawing aggro off you. Funny side effect in ele reflect maps - you will constantly have 4-5 skeletons spawn close to the enemies you attack distracting them. I see no reason to use molten shell/enduring cry since they are mostly for melee builds. Enfeeble is optional but very nice, it really helps to reduce the incomming damage from the mobs that manage to get into melee range before they die to your attacks; it could be replaced with temporal chains if you wish so.

Gear to look for:
Spoiler

Weapon = 300+ dps 200+ ele dps 1.9+ aps 1h sword - speed is the key element, in the endgame extra .1 aps can provide you with more DPS than extra base 30 eDPS, since most of your raw elementl damage is coming from auras anyway. One of the budget variants is using the Dyadus unique axe, maybe even dual-wielding it.
Shield = Prism Guardian - no alternatives in the endgame, until then any decent life+res shield would do.
Armor = eva/arm +hp +resists + str/dex - nothing special here.
Helm = Alpha’s Howl - no alternatives in the endgame, until then any decent life+res helmet would do.
Gloves = Thunderfist -or- eva+arm +ias +hp +ele dmg +resists - thunderfists are totally optional, though they allow for certain benefits, which I will describe later in the guide.
Boots = eva/arm +spd +hp +resists - nothing special here either.
Belt (leather/heavy/rustic) = +hp +wed +resists +arm +es - again, a fairly standard choice.
Amulet = +hp +wed +ele dmg +manaregen +resists +int/mana
Rings = The Taming -and/or- +hp +wed +ele dmg +manaregen +resists +es +int/mana - the taming is totally optional, though it allows for certain benefits, which will be described below.

Some expense estimates:
A decent 300DPS/200eDPS 1.9+ APS sword should cost you around 1 exalt and is pretty much enough to take you into mid-high maps.
Prism Guardian is a late game multi-exalt investment; until then you could easily but a high defense life dual res shield with very nice stats for as low as 3-5 chaos.
Crappy 5L armor would cost you several chaos, and you can alch/chaos it for decent rolls yourself. 6L Tabula would cost you a couple of exalts. A crappy 6L will cost several exalts but is well worth the investment. I've bought mine (white) for 8 exalts at the time I was around lvl83 afair.
Any helm would do until you'd need to get Alpha's. That's one of the mandatory unique purchases, but you can get une for under 5 exalts.
Gloves with life + IAS + resists can easily cost less than 10 chaos, or much more, depending on quality of rolls.
Decent boots can be easily bought for under 5 chaos.
Belt/rings/amulet should have good WED (between 20-30 is a decent value), but are unfortunately rare-ish and pretty pricey. Expect to spend 10-15 chaos per decent piece at very least.

Leveling tips and gear:
Spoiler

The beauty of the build that it can level with pretty much anything well into late endgame.

The easiest ways to boost dps early on are to get cheap jewelry/gloves with flat damage bonuses (ele or phys makes no difference at the start) as well as any decent weapon. In fact, you are free to use whatever weapon with high DPS that's available to you at the time! Can be any weapon type, can even be 2h weapon, just picke the one that hurts the most!

Anyway, here's the sample leveling gear progression* using the widely-avaliable and cheap leveling uniques:
1h option = Redbeak/Last Resort -> The Screaming Eagle (lvl6) -> Aurumvorax (lvl17)/Ungil's Gauche (lvl20)/Brightbeak (lvl20) -> Mightflay (lvl35) -> Rebuke Of The Vaal (lvl64)/Dyadus (lvl68)
Shield = Crest of Perandus (lvl8)
2h option = Limbsplit (lvl13)/Shiversting (lvl14) -> Hrimnor's Hymn (lvl17)/Wideswing (lvl18) -> Geofri's Baptism (lvl27) -> Rigvald's Charge (lvl44) -> Terminus Est (lvl51) - going 2h you will guarantee a HUGE dps from the get-go all the way into endgame at the cost of defense loss from not using a shield. Also, using ele damage auras will be less effective early on due to lower attack speed of 2h weapons. On the up side, high phys damage allows to run Hatred aura to good effect, as well as life/mana leech from gear.
Armor = Thousand Ribbons/Bramblejack -> Foxshade (lvl25) -> Zahndethus' Cassock (lvl37) - extra damage boost from these armors is real nice.
Helm = Goldrim -> Fairgraves' Tricorne (lvl12)/Honourhome (lvl12) - again, extra damage is really nice, along with other stats. Stick with Goldrim if you want more resists.
Gloves = Lochtonial Caress -> Ondar's Clasp (lvl5) -> Sadima's Touch (lvl11) -> Slitherpinch (lvl27)
Boots = Wanderlust -> Sundance (lvl27)/Lioneye's Paws (lvl30)
Belt = Wurm's Molt(lvl8)/Perandus Blazon(lvl16)
Amulet = Karui Ward (lvl5) -> The Ignomon (lvl8) - you might want to stick with Karui Ward and ditch the faster projectiles support gem for another DPS/leech gem early on to make ood use of the Ward's projectile speed bonus.
Rings = 2x Blackheart - from lvl 20-30 on, rare rings with life+res+flat ele damage become easily available and are so much better than 2x Blackhearts.

*"progression" doesn't exactly mean that you should swap the gear piece for the next on in progression as soon as you can, it just indicates possible upgrades.

Slitherpinch + Wurm's Molt combo along with any primarily phys dps weapon should solve any life/mana leech problems you could have early on.

The build plays pretty much as any spectral throw build all the way up until end of merciless difficulty. At that stage getting jewelry with %WED becomes important in order to boost DPS. It is also when your auras become high enough level to provide high DPS boost. At this stage getting Alpha's Howl helmet becomes one of the top priorities as well, along with either decent 5L armor or Tabula Rasa for 6L.

The three auras of choice are Anger + Wrath + Clarity. Hatred/Haste and Grace are to be left unused (level them in spare sockets) until you've gotten Prism Guardian. Getting Prism Guardian can and should be postponed up until you've leveled your reduced mana gems to lvl 17-18 and have invested a good deal of passives into reduced mana reservation nodes. This way, when you start using the shield with auras, they wouldn't reserve too much of your life.

My gear + links + gear notes
Spoiler

Notes on gear:
The taming and thunderfist are more of luxury purchases.
Instead of the taming you could use another WED + life + resists + mana regen ring.
Instead of thunderfist you can easily use any gloves with 10+ ias, life and resists, there are a lot of those on the market, and they're pretty cheap.

There is a sizeable benefit that the combo of thunderfists + the taming provide nevertheless - rapid shock stacks! Due to extremely high aps I have (0.19 on ST and 0.11 on double strike without Haste on), plus +100% shock duration from t-fists, the 5% chance to shock/freeze/ignite from the taming means putting 3x shock stacks as well as ignite on any mob pretty quickly, which allowed me to spec out of Static Blows and take other nodes elsewhere.

Getting 20-30% WED on ammy + both rings + belt is pretty much mandatory if you want to have good DPS in the late game. Until then and especially in the early game flat ele/phys damage boosts work much better.

Belt type can be any you like, though leather is probably the preferred type. I'm using rustic only because my current weapon is hybrid phys/ele, so I wanted to get more damage out of it.

Boots are pretty standard life/dual-res/spd type.

Alpha's Howl + Prism Guardian combo is what allows us to stack both offensive and utility/defensive auras to great effect. It's one of the cornerstones of the build.

All those 20% qgems are result of me having done 300+ maps (getting gem from lvl18 to 19 requires xp from roughly 100 lvl66-68 maps. Getting it to level 20 requires around 150-170 lvl66-68 maps. Somewhat less if maps are higher level. I've got my first lvl20 gems by the time I've got lvl86.

Maps and partying:
Spoiler

This section deals with endgame maps and how you should deal with them and various rolls on them.

Right off the bat - there's only one affix this build can't do - Blood Magic (since you're so reliant on auras). But since this affix is so incredibly rare, you can ignore it.

Annoying, but easily-doable map mods:
- Area is inhabited by animals. Devourer alert. Devourers are one of the very few annoying mobs for this build since you can't kill them until you engage them in melee. Once they're unearthed, they're easy to deal with though.
- Increased monster lightning resistance. Lightning damage is the main source of your DPS, so this mod is basically like Enfeeble for you.
- Increased monster fire resistance. Same as above, but less so.
- Elemental weakness. Not an issue if you're sufficiently overcapped (being overcapped in lightning and fire is what matters most). Just take caution, because meeting an ele reflect pack with this mod can mean quick death to reflect if you're not careful.
- Enfeeble. Not an issue really, but can dependidng on your damage output and map level, other mods, and map boss can turn an otherwise doable map into a slow nightmare.
- -Max resists. See ele weakness above, but more dangerous.
- Vulnerability. Due to the sorta squishy nature of this build, if you roll vulnerability, simply take caution when doing a map.

Bad map mods that are easily overcome with support swaps:
- Elemental reflect - do not do this mod with default gem set-up even if with max res! It's a recipe for disaster - damage this build does to a big enough pack of mobs is enough to outspeed the life leech speed = you can be dead before you even understand what's happening. Easy fix - swap out WED in ST for Lige gain on hit. You will deal a lot less damage, but with double leech you will be invincible to any damage as long as you keep attacking.
- No regen or half-regen. Bad because these mods shut off your Clarity - the otherwise only way to sustain your mana. Easy fix - swap out faster attacks gems on both attacks for mana leech gems. Mana becomes a non-issue.
- Temporal chains. It's sorta between annoying and bad. Easy fix - use maxed Haste aura to negate a big chunk of temp chains.

Undoable map mod combos - reroll those:
- Ele reflect + -maxres + ele weakness. It's really just too much to handle.
- No or half-regen + ele reflect. Not *undoable* per se, but requires you to swap out 2x main dps supports on ST, so your clear speed would be abysmally low.
- Temporal chains + enfeeble/fire+lightning resist/ele reflect/no or half-regen. Same as above - your damage would be too low for any sort of comfortable or fun play.

All the other mods are of no immediate danger to the build and can be done freely.

List of maps and how to deal with them:
General warning - this build tends to do badly in maps with a lot of small separated rooms or twisted little passages, because ST projectiles lose their long reach in such maps. Also, bsses that can instantly close in on you are pretty dangerous as well - that concerns flicker strike spiders first and foremost.
66 maps - skip orchard (sucky layout and super-hard boss), take caution with dunes and dungeon bosses (leap slam kiting ftw).
67 maps - all maps in this pool are easy to do with this build.
68 maps - ghetto is sucky doe to its general layout, but perpetuus is fairly easy to kite. Avoid museum boss trio unless VERY confident. Closed area in which they reside leaves you little room for kiting.
69 maps - no hard maps.
70 maps - Villa's boss can be pretty hard to handle, depending on the map's mods.
71 maps - All maps are fairly easy, just be careful around Temple Piety. She's actually fairly easy to do with this build - just keep attacking her from offscreen and move/leap side to side to avoid the storms and balls she sends your way from where she stands.
72 maps - Skip Labyrinth. The map itself and the boss are a nightmare for this build. Jungle Valley's boss is traditinally a nightmare to do, but can be actually doable. The basic strategy is leap around the boss area while avoiding direct contact with the boss itself. Before you can deal with the boss, you must take out all the rare spiders with auras. N.B.: Depending on what auras these rare spiders get, the boss can be outright undoable. Torture Chamber boss, by the contrast, is fairly easy for this build. Keep leaping around the boss chamber and keep as much distance from the totems as possible. While moving around, keep attacking the boss. Hide behind pillars if she uses the lightning beam.
73 maps - All maps are very easy to do, just beware of vulnerability mod on Dark Forest, because both Oak and often-spawned Devourers tend to hit hard.
74 maps - Gorge and Underground River are a pleasure to run. Residence Dominus can be undoable depending on mods, but generally this build can kill him as long as you avoid his lightning inferno attack and keep your distance. Maze Vaal is easy as long as your light res is capped, and map mods don't feature too much extra damage (to avoid 1-hit kill by Vaal).
75 maps - All maps of this level are very easy to do.
76 maps - Beware of Academy and Crematorium bosses. Nuff said.
77 maps - Nothing hard as long as you play safe, Piety included.
78 maps - Palace Dominus is REALLY scary, so beware. Courtyard boss trio is very easy to do thanks to the boss area layout where you can just kite them in circles ad nauseum. I once pulled a double Courtyard boss with only another guy in a 6-man party that quickly ripped to their first attacks.
Unique maps - all very easy to do, with exception of Olmec's Sanctum which I haven't tried yet. Poorjoy's Asylum is fairly easy to do despite its reputation.

Parties:
This build works really well in parties. Two factors contribute to this:
1. Your strong DPS auras help other players kill stuff faster.
2. Other teammates serve as meatshields for you, making your job of killing stuff much easier than going solo. Just keep in the back while melee teammates work on the frontline. Your long-range ST projectiles can reach very far anyway.

Build variations:
Spoiler

Dependion on your preferences and what's available to you, a couple of build variations exist that I've tried during leveling and/or endgame.

1. Dual Dyadus variation:

A fairly budget version for those that like Dyadus and/or dual-wielding. Minor changes are made to the passive tree (basically, rerouting the path to IR through Dervish cluster for a good dw block bonus). This option sees you sacrificing attack speed (and a fairly good chunk of dps due to how flat ele dmg auras work with attack speed) and a bit of defenses from shield for pretty much perma-chilling the (weaker) mobs and just being a kick ass dual-axe throwing menace.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAB8pc7KJtdA5aomm49WlJgQ0rIgwluqkZxb5618rQM4YjKSqluNZKTJx2qwzp4DWxGiPEc3NxXm7VWLb6KWK9ybP4Kf8YelBmKrH8B3DboMgm3PiepEZasP_sJpBmvojpSQYdabXC79tob-hDwDjz56CQ82RMajyXfQqOfyxRxp1wvb4TZdgj460lRbmllTeoYvqfEuEd-9zJEgdJN1fhyqfGKwA-sqnzZJ09Z88AatkGQVWaeTiqnhPrSKaUaOBcvNunsOGTnhtEkquNqV-JV1iSwGYV35TKJgKQabASz890UTaIA8B_v42NwNJOHKbT5

2. Rich boi Thinderfist + The Taming variation:

As I've described above in the gear section, The Taming gives you the 5% chance to inflict elemental status on hit (mmost importantly - shock stacks, of course!) while Thunderfist provides a 100% shock duration as well as turining your single-target Double Strike into 5-link with added lightning damage support. The rapid attack speed of the build allows you to triple-shockstack + ignite + occasionally freeze the mmobs in short order, so you're besically free to spec out of Static Blows passive cluster and go for yet another aura cluster (namely - Influence). This option gives the most DPS output (extra aura effectiveness = lots more DPS) at the cost of giving up some life (lost from gloves and ring slots). You will also have less mana problems with this set-up.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAB8pc7KJtdA5aomm49WlJgQ0rIgwluqkZxb5618rQM4YjKSqluNZKTJx2qwzp4DWxGiPEc3NxXm7VWLb6KWK9ybP4Kf8YelBmKrH8B3DboMgm3PiepEZasP_sJpBmvojpSQYdabXC79tob-hDwDjz56CQ82RMajyXfQqOfyxRxp1wvb4TZdgj460lRbmllTeoYvqfEuEd-9zJEgdJN1fhyqfGKwA-sqnzZJ0_V7VnzapPAGrZBkFVmnk4qp4T60imlGjgXLzbp7Dhk54bRJKrjalfiVdYksBmFd-UyiYCkGmwEs_PdFE2iAPAfWNtT36yv

Last edited by T_Reich on Mar 9, 2014, 8:24:21 AM
Added a lot of stuff.
Very impressive guide, detailed, links are given to build, skill tree, also for a guy like me, i NEED a progression section, so i know when to do this, and when to do that, very nicely done T_Reich!
I tried FP with ST during the 1 week Nemesis race because of shitty RNG in chroming and getting support gem drops. As you said FP completely changes the way one plays ST, and the only real complaint I had was killing stuff offscreen -- there is a potential to miss currency and/or item drops if you kill mobs 2 screens away.

Not a major problem if you are taking your time to clear the map, though.
"
consca wrote:
I tried FP with ST during the 1 week Nemesis race because of shitty RNG in chroming and getting support gem drops. As you said FP completely changes the way one plays ST, and the only real complaint I had was killing stuff offscreen -- there is a potential to miss currency and/or item drops if you kill mobs 2 screens away.

Not a major problem if you are taking your time to clear the map, though.

Yeah, killing stuff offscreen is paradoxically one of the major danger factors for this build - because you could be hitting a big ele reflect/thorn shrine pack and not realise it until it's too late.
Added a big section on maps.
"
T_Reich wrote:
Yeah, killing stuff offscreen is paradoxically one of the major danger factors for this build - because you could be hitting a big ele reflect/thorn shrine pack and not realise it until it's too late.

I found Karui Ward's 30% FP to be just nice, though there are far better options for the ammy slot.
"
consca wrote:

I found Karui Ward's 30% FP to be just nice, though there are far better options for the ammy slot.

The ward is certainly one of the nice leveling ammys to use with this build and can be in fact used all the way into merciless, leaving you with other options for extra support slot for ST.

The problem with it will become apparent in the very endgame, because its benefit is basically 1 spare slot for ST, while a good WED + life + res ammy woill provide more benefits to this build than 1 extra spare support gem slot.

Unfortunately, there are no other reliable ways to increase projectile speed for this build by a decent amount, since the only other option apart from Karui Ward is taking Ballistic MAstery notable near ranger start, and it only provides +20% speed.
Last edited by T_Reich on Feb 12, 2014, 12:43:58 PM
Updated leveling gear section, added section on build variations.
Please update to new tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info