Bone Offering

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2022, 2:50:37 PM
hey there, first of all thank you for the nice defensive boost for mah minions =)

i was watching a summoner vid (on youtube, sadly 480p), so i mistook SOME counter in that guy's buff bar for the bone offering counter. in group play (or with rather hectic mobs, like dischargers etc) i find it hard to keep track if bone offering is running or not

1. have you planned to add a counter for it in the buff bar? it may be hard since its an effect that isnt put on the player and as i understand, you and your minions are completely different entities for the game and are treated as such.

2. another way to make it more obvious may be some buff sign on your minions... maybe there is one but i must admit i didnt notice it

3. whats the maximum distance between the bone offering, lets call it "shrine", and you/your minions in which BO works? does it matter at all or does it work regardless?

thanks in advance, ab

"
ab_ wrote:
2. another way to make it more obvious may be some buff sign on your minions... maybe there is one but i must admit i didnt notice it

There is actually a visual effect that is placed on your minions when the skill is active. It looks a little like grayish-black ashes floating off of them. It's not very visible, but it's there, and if you train your eyes to see it then it's apparent enough in *most* areas. Flesh offering has the same effect, but it's far more visible because like the spirit Flesh Offering summons it is red.

This is a great skill overall! Combined with Necromantic Aegis and a good shield, minions become super-tanks. This is very useful during boss fights, especially since desecrate can be used as an endless supply of corpses to exploit.
"Chris wrote:
The "nerfs" in this patch are in response to the rest of the rebalance and so that many builds are simultaneously viable. You can't complain that there are only seven good builds and then complain when we balancing the power level :P
Last edited by Manfred_von_Wolfstein on Feb 5, 2014, 2:29:05 AM
ah, thanks a bunch!

i will keep my eyes peeled and watch out for that (while my witch gets zerged down by some dog food mobs)
"
ab_ wrote:

3. whats the maximum distance between the bone offering, lets call it "shrine", and you/your minions in which BO works? does it matter at all or does it work regardless?

thanks in advance, ab

they have also said that there is no distance limit, so u can use it anywhere and your minions will get it
Hey all, one quick question:

Would my minions still gain the bone offering effect
(specifically on "chance to BLOCK ATTACK")

while holding a Saffell's Frame with NA passive?
ooo thats a good one

necromantic aegis+saffels frame+bone offering

my brain hurts
"
ibecomesonumb wrote:
Would my minions still gain the bone offering effect
(specifically on "chance to BLOCK ATTACK")

while holding a Saffell's Frame with NA passive?

Modifiers on the shield apply to your minions. The shield says "Cannot Block Attacks" and that's that. However, the block and spell block from bone offering would both boost your minions' spell block chance due to the "conversion" on the shield.
Last edited by Ezhiel on Feb 5, 2014, 4:52:14 PM
It seems to have a fairly limited range for the "nearby corpses" is this range affected by increased aoe support or passives?

Also if I recast bone offering does it extend the offering by the amount of new corpses consumed (like spamming potions) or does the new bone offering replace the old one?

e.g. would putting it on a spell totem rack up a really long duration, or end up being detrimental by cancelling a 30 sec one with a new 3 sec one.
"
Asmosis wrote:
It seems to have a fairly limited range for the "nearby corpses" is this range affected by increased aoe support or passives?

Also if I recast bone offering does it extend the offering by the amount of new corpses consumed (like spamming potions) or does the new bone offering replace the old one?

e.g. would putting it on a spell totem rack up a really long duration, or end up being detrimental by cancelling a 30 sec one with a new 3 sec one.

The new cast replace the old one so is better to not spam it (unless you need to destroy many corpses).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info