*** [2.0] Gellig Mortezzah's level 100 Aegis End-Game Melee Life Boss Tank ***

"
BALRIM wrote:
Temple Piety.(sry forgotten to quote) To tell the truth every Boss is a prob for me. 2 or 3 big hits in a row and im dead. Dont understand how gellig can AFKing so easy every boss. I just have to be on my way to a Boss and im nearly dead. I know i have no chaosresi or good armour. Im working on it. But TemplePiety does just EleDamage right? (BTW i have 1 additional endurance from Bandits)

The tree:

The damage from reave is so crappy :( Is it possible to use CoC-Cyclone-EthernalKnifes instead? I think of a good crit Dagger + the Melee crit points on the left side of the tree + Blood magic + maybe 1-3 projectile damage points from the Duelist start region. Or do i need more Crit + powercharges for that?

Gem-Setup could look like: Cycloe + LifeOnHit + Coc + EK

Sorry for this wall of text incoming, but I am trying to help you:

You aren't using conc effect, which is lowering your damage substantially, which in turn would also lower your leech .... which is another thing to mention: you only have 2% leech compared to Geligs 10% leech because you do not use blood rage. Use some chroms and replace added fire with conc effect. I understand you can't use blood rage yet but take advantage of the leech you do have, what I mean is: You leech off of physical damage, using conc effect not only gives you more DPS than added fire, but also you leech none of the fire damage (nor the cold damage from Hatred)

You are using hatred instead of discipline so your ES pool is substantially low, on top of the fact you have very low armor with those pieces of gear lowering the es you gain from blocks. Using hatred for normal mapping and other easy content is fine, I do the same, but when you get to a boss fight, swap to Disp.

You probably are not using the right flasks for the right fights nor using flasks efficiently. You don't even carry granites or elemental flasks?! and the flasks you do have don't even have quality on them.

I think you have a fantastic start to this build, but it's not quite up to par to being a full blown tank just yet. Having said that I still do think you could do piety with proper flask management, and proper gem choices.

Carry at least two topaz flasks during that fight, and know when to use them, also carry AT LEAST one granite for the fight (actually at ALL times) because the amount of armor you have affects how much es you gain on a block, so popping a granite will fill your entire ES pool with one block, rather then just a small amount.

The stonger you gear and character get, the less you will have to rely on flasks, but flasks, and proper use of them help a HUGE amount.

Just my opinion, as I have this same build with great success.

Also I do not feel going crit would be a good idea with this build at all, I don't want to get into a whole lot of detail here as my post is already running long, but I will say that crit takes too much point investment and your crit chance would still be very low, also add to the fact that you will miss a lot of your attacks due to low accuracy, it is just not a good idea here.

I hope I helped you in some way. Feel free to ask more things and I will try to help, or maybe Mort will chime in a well, I know he doesn't play a whole lot nowadays, so his responses are far between.
Last edited by whoismiked on Jun 18, 2014, 1:13:31 PM
"
BALRIM wrote:
Temple Piety.(sry forgotten to quote) To tell the truth every Boss is a prob for me. 2 or 3 big hits in a row and im dead. Dont understand how gellig can AFKing so easy every boss. I just have to be on my way to a Boss and im nearly dead. I know i have no chaosresi or good armour. Im working on it. But TemplePiety does just EleDamage right? (BTW i have 1 additional endurance from Bandits)

The tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecOPBDwFCAYkRmFGjIaOBo-GlUdFCSbJKol3ycvKMUpLjboNuk6UjrYPfxGaUd-TDVN2FBHUWBT31RJVw1YY1ivWNtZ818_YEthIWSjZU1mnm5pcH1yqXTteu98uHzZgIqE2YTvhymLT4x2jM-QVZB0kc6bg57Nn8ugtKcwp4SplayqrK-vorvtvJ--p8Aaw4bEuMbYzNvSIdX442rjn-RR55Hnruw47w7xrPIv8wbzvvZI9zL3Tfe--tL7qg==

The damage from reave is so crappy :( Is it possible to use CoC-Cyclone-EthernalKnifes instead? I think of a good crit Dagger + the Melee crit points on the left side of the tree + Blood magic + maybe 1-3 projectile damage points from the Duelist start region. Or do i need more Crit + powercharges for that?

Gem-Setup could look like: Cycloe + LifeOnHit + Coc + EK

First. I would like to say thanks for the build Gellig.

I'm about the same level as you barlim, Level 81 at the moment. My gear isn't so good and I'm still looking for some upgrades but I can tank a single Piety in temple and haven't tried shrine yet. I can also tank most bosses except the ones that do chaos damage. I need to upgrade some gear that gives me chaos resist. However, I also tried double piety at temple and I had a hard time with that. I just had to seperate the two from their ball of lightning, and everything was smooth sailing. Total Resists I have are 104/154/101/ -48

My gear isn't reave but infernal blow, but same passives as Gellig. DPS with only hatred = 16k

Standard IGN: LaHhRip
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecFLQY5Bu4OPBDwFCAWbxiRGYUaMho4Gj4aVRpsG_odFCFgJJskqiXfJy8oxSkuM5Y0NTboNuk6Uj38QKBBjEZpR35MNVBHUWBT31RJVcZXDVhjWK9Y21nzXz9gS2EhYxdko2VNZp5uaW-EcH1yqXM_dO108XrvfLh82YCKhNmE74cpi0-Mz49GkFWQdJHOl3CZK5uDnrmezZ_LoLSkGacwp4SplavFrKqsr6-iu-28n72BvqfAGsEHxLjG2Mzbz2XQ0NIh1FLV-Nd-42rjn-RR567sOO8O8azyL_MG877z3fZI9zL3Tfe--tL7qg==

I made some changes ı sacreficed some es/armor and block nodes for DPS
What do u think?
Be the change you want to see in the world
"
Would be cool if u try Death and Taxes :D

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd5xQz0T6Bw&feature=youtu.be

I thought it would be fun to play around with Molten Strike and Immortal Call... only used Immortal Call for kicks with the first boss then got bored with it ;)
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Jun 21, 2014, 7:58:00 AM
"
Serious_Guy wrote:
What if I use BoR with cyclone(with blood magic gem ) and this poor axe
? Don't say use Soul Taker I will use when I get that.

So I have to pick IR as I will use BoR and then what will be the tree @ level 75 ?

I'm not a big fan of Cyclone.. I prefer a bit more control.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Any luck with uber atziri?

Waiting for price on Hope to drop...
Last edited by Mortezzah on Jun 21, 2014, 12:17:01 AM
Read this guide at the beginning of this season and wanted to try to build something similar. As much as I hate reading questions from people that follow a guide really loosely and then complain about not being as good as the one in the guide, I have a few questions.

1. Why is my DPS so low? Is it that my gems are only lvl 17-18? Is it because my sword isn't just phys? Is it something else? I'm only around 6k with charges and buffs.
2. Why am I struggling so much to get enough int/dxt? I want to upgrade my rings but can't lose the +int/dxt I have on them or I won't be able to use some skills.
3. Any obvious gear upgrades?

I went with a 5L chest because I can't afford Koams. I like my defense stats and don't die against most bosses but I also don't do enough damage. I just played around with my passives and took a few of the block % away to add 1h damage and phy damage but I'm still lower than what I think most people would have. I know i'm only lvl 81 and don't have lvl 20 gems but I wanted to make this post to see if there is an issue beyond that.

Thanks.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecQ8BQgFz4YkRoyGjgaPhpVG_odFCSbJd8nLykuMgk26DbpOtg9_ENjRmlN2FBHUWBT31RJVw1YY1ivWNtY9VnzXz9gS2EhZKNmnmxGbmlwfXFNcmxyqXK7dO14DXrvfLh82YCKhNmE74cpi0-MdozPkFWQdJHOms-bg53Ens2gtKFtpBmkrKcwp4SpbqmVrKqsr6-itzG5zbvtvJ--p8AaxtjM29Ih42rjn-RR567sOO8O8azyL_MG9kj3MvdN97760vuq
Your damage is so low because a) your sword isn't too great and b) you are using a life leech gem in your link. Use a damage gem like "added fire" instead, and get a sword with serious physical dps.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Your damage is so low because a) your sword isn't too great and b) you are using a life leech gem in your link. Use a damage gem like "added fire" instead, and get a sword with serious physical dps.

Also, give Hatred a go if you aren't using it. If you have blood rage you shouldn't need life leech.
"
Mortezzah wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Any luck with uber atziri?

Waiting for price on Hope to drop...

You have issues with getting the map? forgive me for being skeptical.

I will call you the ultimate tank when you defeat alluring abyss :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info