[1.1.1b] ~ Poorman's Culler ~ Cheap and versatile support culler.

"
xrainxfallx wrote:
Can i go for Eldritch Battery in this build and does Saffel's Frame does well with this build?. BTW i love your guide.

Eldritch Battery is just two nodes away in the skill tree, so yea, you can, although this build's mana requirements are extremely low; I'm running with 124 mana left after all the auras and a level 7 Clarity, and that's enough to spam totems and Lightning Warp (I use Blood Magic for the curse).

About Saffel's, yeah, totally. It would be great. The reason why I'm not using it is because I'm barely overcapped with my gear as it is, but if you can overcap your resistances with the rest of your gear, I think a Saffel's would be one of the best shields you could use.

I'm glad you like it. ^.^

Got the shittiest Saffell's roll for 4c to try it out.

My caps are now at 88%.
Would be 89% with a legacy Saffel's.
91 if I spec into the extra resistance nodes.

Have only run 5 test maps with this shield (71, 74, 75x3).
I'm liking the results so far.

Last edited by Senekis on Apr 16, 2014, 4:16:16 PM
Last update.
Gonna make a new guide based on my current gear. (:

I noticed your 100 point build takes a couple of 6% life nodes in the Scion life wheel instead of taking some 8% life nodes available at the witch's start area. This started me tinkering with it and I came to the conclusion that with so many life nodes near the main bulk of the build, the large 6% life circle inefficient when you account for the cost of pathing there. I think I've improved the 100 point tree a bit.

Here's the tree.

The net differences:

Original -> New

224 -> 184 Strength (-40)
124 -> 134 Dexterity (+10)
312 -> 332 Intelligence (+20)
532 -> 562 base Mana (+30)
846 -> 826 base Life (-20)
Evasion Rating: 290 -> 290

40% -> 60% increased Mana Regeneration Rate (+20%)
28% -> 28% increased maximum Mana
212% -> 238% increased maximum Life (+26%)

0% -> 30% increased Critical Strike Chance (+30%)
12% -> 0% increased Physical Damage (-12%)

10% -> 25% increased Attack Speed (+15%)
6% -> 6% increased Cast Speed
6% -> 6% increased Movement Speed

I wish I could do a proper table. In short, giving up 40 Strength (and the 20 base HP it provides) gives 26% more max life, as well as some extra mana and mana regen. The mostly inconsequential loss of 12% physical damage gives a not particularly more useful +15% IAS and +30% crit chance.

Here's the "full" (120) points expansion. Still no life-circle, still higher % max life, but also featuring more strength (and thus more base life) as well as % max mana and all the other niceties.

EDIT: My bad, I should have based this off of and posted to your new build.
Last edited by OneRaven on May 19, 2014, 2:13:15 PM
Like the build. I've been looking for a cheep culler to use all my MF items I've been saving up on. This looks like the gear flexibility I was looking for on resists which is a real nice perk.
Hi

Thank you for your build. I was wondering about my MF build for the next 4 month league, and you helped me.
The best point of this build is the flexibility and the gear needed.

I was thinking about sth quite different from yours, using Lightning Coil chest (cheap one).
With 94% buff/aura effectiveness, 3 purities grants +8 max all resist, am I right ?

With Elemental adaptation, I'll be able to reach 85% all resist, wich makes Lightning Coil worth for physical tanking.

This is my theorical build : Path of exile website builder

POE Builder

As you can see, i'm using Acrobatics, very worth if you only play HP. (206% increase HP)
Don't wanna play with incinerate, but maybee with :
-Spell Totem
-Lightning Ball
-Greater multiple Projectile
-Echo
-Item Rarity

2 totems will be casted when the skill is used, spamming culling balls everywhere.
PS : I've tried, 2 totems aren't cast with spell Echo, but still worth

What do you think dude ?
Last edited by Kikoyou on Jul 11, 2014, 8:16:12 AM
Hi,
I'm new with this kind of build and I can't understand some points:

- why using spell totem + incinerate instead of just flame totem?
- why level up flame totem/spell + incinerate instead just lvl 1? (supposed to play party)

I read around that someone suggest the old spark totem or arc totem, are this worst than flame one?

Thanks
Try reading the comments the disscussion on this has already been done.
"
Kikoyou wrote:
As you can see, i'm using Acrobatics, very worth if you only play HP. (206% increase HP)
Don't wanna play with incinerate, but maybee with :
-Spell Totem
-Lightning Ball
-Greater multiple Projectile
-Echo
-Item Rarity

2 totems will be casted when the skill is used, spamming culling balls everywhere.
PS : I've tried, 2 totems aren't cast with spell Echo, but still worth

What do you think dude ?

Swap Echo for Blind if you can get a green slot, Blind is really underrated.
IGN: Dmillz
I've made some change to my future build.

Was thinking about this : Build updated

- Ball Lightning
- Greater multiple projectile
- Spell totem
- Spell Echo (better than Faster casting, because the 2 balls casted won't share the 200MS coldown)
- Item rarity
- Blind (for 6SL)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info