[1.1.1b] ~ Poorman's Culler ~ Cheap and versatile support culler.

"
Senekis wrote:
That's great! (:
Let us know how it goes.

I might add a strategy part to the guide later today. As simple as it looks, effectively culling has its tricks.

Patiently waiting on that! No idea how to link items here but I got the important ones. Just need andvarius rings.
I don't understand (i'm a noob) Heartbreaker is that easy to drop that it's in a poorman build ?
Very interesting build, exactly what I've been looking for. I like the versatility it seems to offer.

Do you have any tips for the Bandits rewards?

Looking forward to try this build in the near future.
Added some stuff about strategy.

"
Dynastiew wrote:
I don't understand (i'm a noob) Heartbreaker is that easy to drop that it's in a poorman build ?

Mine dropped, but you can buy one for 1.5 - 2 exalteds, which is cheap when compared to the gear required by any other build.
Then again, you can use the Culling Strike gem while you save up for it.

"
Vinter144 wrote:
Very interesting build, exactly what I've been looking for. I like the versatility it seems to offer.

Do you have any tips for the Bandits rewards?

Looking forward to try this build in the near future.

Kill Oak on normal for the health, then kill everyone on the remainign difficulties.
Added it to the OP. (:

-----------------------------------------

btw, I've been testing the Flame Totem with Faster Projectiles and it's definitely inferior to Spell Totem + Incinerate. Mostly because the covered area is really narrow.
It can work (and very well) against single targets, such as bosses, but you'll miss most of the monsters while using it on normal battles.

I've also been doing some gear modifications. Changed my boots for Goldwyrm, and equipped a Tabula to add an Item Quantity gem.

Compared to my previous setup, now I have 30% less IIR, and 50% more IIQ (will be more once I finish leveling that gem). It's hard to tell how effective one or the other is, since many things factor into the results (RNG, map IIQ, monster rarity...), but I THINK that the current setup is giving slightly better results than the previous one.

Will keep testing.

Edit: With the removal of the chest and the boots, I went from +4000 hp to 3660. Around 3450 because of Clarity. I need to be extremely careful, but I'm still rolling 75s and 76s without dying.

Being a poor magic finder implies many sacrifices. d:

Last edited by Senekis on Mar 28, 2014, 2:03:43 PM
Hi! I was wondering on how good is this build for a single player?
also, i forgot to ask oh how do you have your mouse and keys setup.
just wondering if i'll be able to solo piety with this?
"
Icecicle wrote:

Nope. This is a support build.
Almost like my culler from beta i still play. But i chose ci instead of life.

Ci version

My gear

Every party needs a culler! If only people would not use heavy strike on rares and bosses to knock them out of totem range.

The absolute bane for this build are the mages that cast arc and lightning thorns. Their arcs seem to have unlimited range and chaining and kill the totems in ONE hit.

Avoid like the plague.
Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 6, 2014, 3:40:49 PM
"
Jynx71 wrote:
Hi! I was wondering on how good is this build for a single player?

Pretty much this:
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Icecicle wrote:

Nope. This is a support build.

You'll be able to solo some low level maps (<70), but it will be a slow/boring process. This character is meant to be used with in parties.

------------------------------

"
kompaniet wrote:
Almost like my culler from beta i still play. But i chose ci instead of life.

Ci version

My gear

Every party needs a culler! If only people would not use heavy strike on rares and bosses to knock them out of totem range.

The absolute bane for this build are the mages that cast arc and lightning thorns. Their arcs seem to have unlimited range and chaining and kill the totems in ONE hit.

Avoid like the plague.

Looks nice, although yours is a bit less support and a bit more on the defensive side (CI, Discipline, less auras).

An yeah, those arc mages are this build's nemesis. >_>

---------------------

Added a chapter for maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info