Solaris Lorica is a Perfect Unique =p

I completely agree. Solaris Lorica is one of the more well designed uniques. I'd love to see similar build enablers in the future.
Lets face it solaris lorica is crap and nobody uses it. It's not a perfect unique it's the worst.
Danonon pleaso go troll somewhere else.
If you dont like to get stamped and ignored as mentioned above start to express your disagreement with more substance than your opinion disguised as negative cross-the-board statements.

Your proof of nobody using it by asking about it is a farce, no one cares to stop playing to answer here to you, especially regarding your aggressive undertone.
Im pretty sure there are damn many people using this item loving it to pieces.
And thats the important aspect imho, how many people have fun with it.
Regarding the matter of good worst and best we seem to disagree about the unit of measurement anyway.
In my opinion the quality of a unique in this thread (and the game iirc the manifesto btw) is not measured in increase of survivability and clearing speed in the usual 3 cookiecutter builds its about the flair and versatility of the item in different situations, like enabling multiple totally different builds in wearing it because if gives a unique modifier that enables the player to do something funny. Its just a matter of coincidence that many players mistake their scaling in powerlevel with an equal increase of fun, which is a mistake in general.
Its a basic designdecision of GGG that uniques should in most cases be widely outranged by the best rolls on rares, who are afaik all old d2 players as me, where this was only an issue in classic.
This is achieved here, because in most cases a low life build might be better with a godly rolled es chest getting the needed chaos resist from the rest of their awesome gear.
Shavronnes is a bad design in this matter because it is considered best in slot for many builds, which should just not happen. (Bringer of Rain, Aegis Aurora, Crown of Eyes...)
One point of Solaris Lorica is awesome because it is considered worse than Shavronnes,
enabling the majority of the 1,5 million active players to maybe get their fingers on this unique "chaos damage doesnt penetrate energy shield" modifier one day, which is just naive for shavronnes considering the cost of the wrappings, since the majority is kinda poor as in owning 2 exalts at best (which is often forgotten).
Would Shavronnes not exist, this armor would cost 30+ exalts

please get your thoughts right
"
Karoshi wrote:
..., no one cares to stop playing to answer here to you, especially regarding your aggressive undertone....

and yet you did respond

btw 1.5m active players? would like to see a source of that info
Could just one person who have finished merciless with this post? I would love to be proven wrong.
"
sidtherat wrote:

and yet you did respond

btw 1.5m active players? would like to see a source of that info

To the Question 1 page before I mean.

5 min trying to remember where I read it and board search didnt turn it up, Im pretty sure Ive read Chris or some other GGG dude comment about the number of their active accounts, but I cant show you the evidence :/
Let it be lower, its surely in the upper x00k tho.
They have major issues scaling to their popularity as had Riot some years ago, thats the reason the horrible netcode becomes an issue

Danonon reaching merciless Dominus is no evidence for nothing, theres even a Youtube vid of some guy finishing the game effectively naked.
(before you ask: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6RPH4Wid1M)
While i think its probably one of the best designed uniques, no one uses it at all. It is now worth 1 chaos in all the leagues because of this. Its basically a throw away unqiue because you have to spec so hardcore into shield defensive nodes to make it work and find the absolute best ES gloves/boots/helm/etc with a godlike shield to run it near close to what shavronnes can do. I wish they had chosen a different slot for the item because a non-chest item with these attributes would have made it more use-able. When you play ES most of you ES comes from you chest piece and your shield piece. When you drop the chest piece completely it becomes impossible to push your ES past a certain point with out going out of your way to spec into those extra shield defensive nodes.

Its unfortunate but I've tried many builds to make this item work, but the cost of trying is just too much to make it to maps.

Realistically, i could maybe see some one trying to use this with a cybil's paw style build, however, because most of the required shield nodes are on the templar side of things, it would be difficult to take advantage of the potential Pain attunement/Ghost reaver low life that this item unlocks.
Last edited by draakisback on Apr 15, 2014, 5:39:02 AM
I am a Level 86 summoner on Invasion using Solaris Lorica for all my maps/bossruns. I never skip invasion bosses.

It's a well designed unique, without it, i could've never had the opportunity to play Low Life this early in the league. Also, Shavs is super-expensive. If i can do it in Invasion, other people should be able to do it in Ambush, eh mates?
My Static Strike Marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211370
Our Map Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977/page/1

Avoid: BKR, apinkpwny
"
draakisback wrote:
While i think its probably one of the best designed uniques, no one uses it at all. It is now worth 1 chaos in all the leagues because of this. Its basically a throw away unqiue because you have to spec so hardcore into shield defensive nodes to make it work and find the absolute best ES gloves/boots/helm/etc with a godlike shield to run it near close to what shavronnes can do. I wish they had chosen a different slot for the item because a non-chest item with these attributes would have made it more use-able. When you play ES most of you ES comes from you chest piece and your shield piece. When you drop the chest piece completely it becomes impossible to push your ES past a certain point with out going out of your way to spec into those extra shield defensive nodes.

Its unfortunate but I've tried many builds to make this item work, but the cost of trying is just too much to make it to maps.

This would be somewhat true ..... if Discipline didn't exist.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Nah i still think its a boring and lazy design

they could have went imaginative for the downside

this is what the armour should have look like
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info