Content Update 1.0.6 Video Preview and Deployment Date

"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Nithryok wrote:
new staff + leer cast = massive dmg for party

its actually rather insignificant.

Not really. A support character that is running Leer Cast + Staff + AG with Leer Cast and the Staff = 66% Increased Damage and 36% Increased Curse Effectiveness (Assuming the Staff stacks like Leer Cast currently does).

That's pretty significant IMO.
I am extremely excited by this desecrate skill and extremely disappointed at all the people who are disappointed in it thinking it was going to be a main skill....when i heard the skill was going to leave corpses i thought it would have a long cooldown on it even....i was super happy when i saw it behave like traps......but i guess people just don't understand all the value in corpses.....making summoners stronger in boss situations.....corpse explosion that totem that eats corpses......just plain making it possible to get minions on things like a freeze build....I'm so excited on this one! (ps this looks like one of the first real heal methods of the game combining this and that corpse eating totem) and possibly even a way to regen mana with it in low/no regen situations!
hrhr, the new hillock is a good atempt to scare new players off the game even more.
i was exited about the swiftness thing until i saw the video. i thought the zombies would get some aura style buff graphic as long as they are boosted. :/

so you changed to nice old charge graphics to make it easier to count them ( i still lol about that) but for the zombie buff we have to look up at the icon to see if and how longs its up?
Last edited by NomadFX on Jan 28, 2014, 4:50:01 AM
Can anyone from GGG please tell us since you posted on reddit that you can raise specters from desecrate ground, why the corpses you demod in that video are absolute trash and if theres any chance of actually getting usefull corpses to raise?

You addressed none of the serious problems summoners have and desecrate ground being able to give us the popular specter corpses in high lvl maps with the appropriate corpse lvl that make us viable was the only hope we were clinging to.

We still cant pvp
cant log out
cant dc
and need countless currency to find the right specters in high lvl maps by rolling demon mods.

Are summoners being 100 times more tedious to play than any other class in end game an intended feature?
:)
Last edited by Warzone129 on Jan 28, 2014, 6:23:00 AM
"
Warzone129 wrote:
Can anyone from GGG please tell us since you posted on reddit that you can raise specters from desecrate ground, why the corpses you demod in that video are absolute trash and if theres any chance of actually getting usefull corpses to raise?

1. go to lunaris wp

2. use desecrate as soon as you load in

3. free burned miscreation corpses

"
Warzone129 wrote:
We still cant pvp

desecrate gives you all the corpses you need. Not having burned miscreations or bubble dudes is fine, might be a bit too op in pvp otherwise. Triple curse support summoner is pretty damn significant in pvp especially with the new staff since 18% increased curse effectiveness means 9+9 from weakness + other elemental resistance curse means -18% to resist for a total of 120% to resists which means any player with perfect gear in pvp will have around -20% to resist at least which is insane considering the 18% increased damage to your minions that you will probably have added lightning/fire on. Not to mention it also effects allies. Temporal will also have nearly 50% effectiveness and enfeeble will make your enemies lose 50% of their damage output. Losing your flasks just to get rid of these curses is pretty huge in pvp. I can't imagine how good this will be in party pvp if you have a righteous fire user on your team especially if you can swap out for leer cast as well.
Last edited by NeoRussia on Jan 28, 2014, 6:35:22 AM
"
NeoRussia wrote:
"
Warzone129 wrote:

1. go to lunaris wp

2. use desecrate as soon as you load in

3. free burned miscreation corpses

"
Warzone129 wrote:
We still cant pvp

desecrate gives you all the corpses you need. Not having burned miscreations or bubble dudes is fine, might be a bit too op in pvp otherwise. Triple curse support summoner is pretty damn significant in pvp especially with the new staff since 18% increased curse effectiveness means 9+9 from weakness + other elemental resistance curse means -18% to resist for a total of 120% to resists which means any player with perfect gear in pvp will have around -20% to resist at least which is insane considering the 18% increased damage to your minions that you will probably have added lightning/fire on. Not to mention it also effects allies. Temporal will also have nearly 50% effectiveness and enfeeble will make your enemies lose 50% of their damage output. Losing your flasks just to get rid of these curses is pretty huge in pvp. I can't imagine how good this will be in party pvp if you have a righteous fire user on your team especially if you can swap out for leer cast as well.

Here we go another piety farming summoner talking about shit he knows nothing about. If I wanted to go to lunaris to summon I don't fucken need desecrate ground do I???????

You want to run end game maps with lunaris specters? LOL run along troll. Summoners that run hard end game maps need specters summoned from inside high lvl maps. Not lunaris specters.

Im sorry did GGG ask any of the op melee characters to leave their weapons at the door when entering the pvp room because it would be op? Get a clue....
:)
Last edited by Warzone129 on Jan 28, 2014, 6:56:51 AM
I'm going to ignore the fact that you're oblivious to the sheer efficiency of a summoner build with insane lunaris 2 clear speed based on burned miscreations, and mention that if you actually think its good to spend multiple exalts on high level maps instead of selling them for that value then you're probably going to be trying to get the appropriate maps anyway where you can get your specters from once again using desecrate.

That and we don't know what sort of corpses will spawn in pvp arenas, but I imagine they will be appropriately strong. And yes melee characters do need to re-activate their auras the same way you need to spend a second or two spawning minions. Either way I hope they make us not have to do this, I'm sure GGG would make us not have to recast auras and not lose our minions on entering the arena or logging out if they could. I'd prefer them fix snapshotting first and make summoners not have to use it to be powerful.
Last edited by NeoRussia on Jan 28, 2014, 7:57:13 AM
Anyone know when the patch will be deployed NZ time? cheers
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Orbitalx wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Eh... Im disappointed that this patch is going to focus entirely on summoners when theyre already one of the most endgame viable builds and i really dont see the point of adding all of these buffs unless some MAJOR nerfs are going to take place, which i doubt is going to happen.

Much more important things to actually work on if you ask me.

Im going to be even more disappointed if Summoners see no nerfs in this patch and are just as easy to play, with just as little effort it takes to play them being put forth.

Just my opinion on the patch though, hopefully next patch focuses on 2H builds which actually need attention.

Show me a video of an endgame summoner destroying 77-78 maps with hard mods solo.(not a video with cast on death spectres/zombies since they don't exist anymore). Otherwise, not to be rude but I don't think you know what your talking about. Level 70 maps aren't endgame imo. I honestly don't think summoners are OP at all at that level of the game. I could be wrong, but I have never seen one destroy level 77-78 map bosses. I have however, seen melee doing 80k freeze bosses, ranged doing 60k frenzy destroy bosses. Melee/ranged do more damage and can take a lot more punishment without dying.
0/10, youre clearly trolling.

"Summoner takes more punishment than Melee/Ranged" - Summoner shouldnt even be getting hit at all, if youre getting hit more than a Melee based character, youre clearly playing summoner wrong. Summoner can sit back in LOS and completely avoid damage, saying theyre punished more than Melee and ranged is probably the most hilarious statement ive seen in a while.
"2H Melee do 80k Cold damage" - No 2H Melee build is doing 80k, espeically not 80k Cold damage.
"Summoners are not OP at that level of the game" - Then why is summoner one of the most played and used endgame viable builds in existence ? Because it destroys everything and is easy to play.

Not to be rude, but youre the one who doesnt know what theyre talking about. Nice bias by the way, i see your main is a Summoner.

LOL he was. He couldn't do certain bosses in endgame content (although I am sure some summoners can, just not as good as melee/ranged) so I respec'ed him to 10 aura MF culler. Summoners don't have any leech since they rely on minions to do damage. Melee, ranged leech a massive amount at that damage level and can survive almost anything. Like I said before, you haven't done that content with people with mirrored items and good specs. You will understand one day. Also, still waiting for a video of a summoner destroying ACTUAL endgame maps WITH HARD MODS solo. 77-78's.

2h melee doing 80k dps with crit glacial hammer spec. Yes I have seen it and yes I have seen him freeze bosses. Check out mirrored staff's. I have a friend that does 60k dps frenzy with a voltaxic. He can freeze some bosses with my hatred aura. This is why I say your argument doesn't make sense and why it is so dumb when people cry out for nerfs when they do not know what they are talking about. You see a summoner kill piety with MF and you think they are OP. You haven't seen what a very geared character can do.

Like I said, you talk about summoners destroying but have you done any high level maps with a summoner and seen them kill stuff faster than melee/ranged and not loss all their spectres at some point? If they are, your melee/ranged are terrible.

One argument that you can make is that they are cheap to gear for what they can accomplish. I will give you that. OP? No.

I don't think summoners are bad...I just think they are far from OP like you say. They are also far from the most endgame viable build lol. Maybe the most endgame viable for a poor new player. I could see that. That poor new player will get wrecked in a lot of the hard maps though. Or he will just kill everything slowly.

Friend notes ... YESSSSSS

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info